What's your pokemon team?

Low tiers are for n00bs and idiots who can't handle REAL Pokemon.

Using low tier Pokemon in OU takes more balls than just spamming OU Pokemon, and comparing people that play UU, RU, and NU with noobs is insulting. A noob is some kid who spams random Pokemon with poor EVs, no items, and crappy moves.

Low tiers ≠ noob territory.

I keed Nick, I keed! :lol: If you don't recall all my respect for lower tier players, then... yeah. Remember it. :p

So how 'bout you give J a team review now, ya hot shot low tier player? ;D

Skarmory (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 232 Def / 24 Spd
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Spikes
- Roost
- Whirlwind
- Taunt

I would replace Taunt with Toxic, as you already have Whirlwind to rid of Stat boosters. Everything else seems good, entry hazards work great with Whirlwind.

Terrakion @ Choice Band
Trait: Justified
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- X-Scissor
- Stone Edge
- Close Combat
- Sacred Sword

Replace Sacred Sword with something else. Just a thought, but would Bulldoze work? If you don't know what the opponent will switch to, Bulldoze will cripple any speedy Pokemon they switch in and do damage. And if you predict a Flying type, simply use Stone Edge. Might work, might not.

Cresselia (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Moonlight
- Psychic
- Ice Beam
- Toxic

Thunder Wave is a good move that will severely cripple any sweeper. Might wanna consider replacing Psychic or Ice Beam for it. I would keep Toxic, tho; with both status moves, Cresselia can cripple both offensive and defensive Pokemon.

Gyarados (M) @ Cell Battery
Trait: Moxie
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Dragon Dance
- Earthquake
- Waterfall
- Substitute

As I said before, lose Cell Battery since it doesn't protect against Electric-moves. I would go for Leftovers instead. I like the idea of using a Sub to protect against attacks, especially electric ones.

Another idea I've been thinking about is a Scarf Gyrados. With Moxie, and higher speed, it may be able to get a surprise kill in, boost its attack, and wreck havoc.

Latios (M) @ Expert Belt
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Dragon Pulse
- Surf
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Psyshock

I like it. Packs a lot of power.

Tyranitar (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Unnerve(?)
EVs: 252 HP / 64 SAtk / 192 SDef
Sassy Nature (+SDef, -Spd)
- Stealth Rock
- Crunch
- Pursuit
- Aqua Tail

I think Stone Edge might work better than Crunch, especially since you already have Pursuit as a Dark-attack.

I hope that's decent...

D:

I was expecting a full team review, rather than just movesets... But better than nothin' I suppose.

Also Nick, considering Terrakion is very fast, Bulldoze really won't help it at all. That 60 BP will never come in handy either, really. Bulldoze might be usable on a certain Poke's set to counter a certain Pokemon perfect, but it's not a viable move offensively really.

I guess, CK. It was just an idea.

Sorry, I didn't really have much to say about the team as a whole. It looks fine to me....

Fine ain't good enough. That's why my reviews are so in-depth and particularly long; I strive to find and calculate perfections wherever I don't see it. I'm not that anal 'bout every little thing, so that's a bit of an exaggeration, but ya get my point.

That's the mother****in' spirit bro. :thumbsup: Team raters gotta take stuff like that to heart and go into tl;dr detail whenever possible.

I recently planned out a new doubles team, but if I showed it CK would be all like "dude that team sucks" so I'm hesitant to.

****ING POST IT OR I'LL RIP THE FABULOUS RIGHT OUT OF YOU

We need more doubles teams in this thread. D: Doubles is so underrated...

Doubles:

Politoed (Drizzle, Modest) (255 Sp. Attack, 255 HP) (Item: ???)
-Surf
-Hydro Pump
-Ice Beam
-Protect

Well, it's obviously mostly there for Drizzle, but it can hit really hard with its Water attacks. Surf and Hydro Pump are used in different situations, obviously.

Armaldo (Swift Swim, Jolly) (255 Attack, 255 Speed) (Rock Gem)
-Rock Slide
-Brick Break
-Swords Dance
-Protect

It uses Swift Swim to become really fast, and uses Swords Dance. If I see a Water attack coming, I can just switch Politoed out to Cradily to take it. It can use Protect for other things. Rock Slide is self explanatory, and hits big power the first time it's used thanks to Rock Gem. Brick Break is mainly for Steel types that resist Rock Slide.

Cradily (Storm Drain, Modest) (255 HP, 150 Defense, 105 Sp. Attack) (Chople Berry)
-Giga Drain
-Protect
-Sludge Wave
-Bulldoze

A bulky Cradily that can take a fighting attack thanks to the berry. It protects the rest of the team from Water attacks with Storm Drain, namely Armaldo, and boosts its Special Attack. It can even take advantage of Hydreigon's and Politoed's Surf to boost it further. It can attack with Giga Drain, which also keeps it healthy. Sludge Wave is for attacking multiple targets at once, and Bulldoze is if a Pokemon that's out is in danger of being outsped and killed. It will slow the opponent down so they aren't as threatening. Protect is self explanatory.

Hydreigon (Levitate, Modest) (255 Speed, 255 Sp. Attack) (Life Orb)
-Dragon Pulse
-Surf
-Earth Power
-Protect

A pretty normal Hydreigon. It can destroy things with its powerful attacks, and protect itself with....well, you know.

Sharpedo (Speed Boost, Adamant) (255 Speed, 255 Attack) (Focus Sash)
-Waterfall
-Crunch
-Earthquake/Ice Fang
-Protect

A Sharpedo that has a Sash so it's almost guaranteed to last more than one turn. Under the rain, it can do great damage with Waterfall, and outspeed everything with Speed Boost. Can't decide if I wanna use Ice Fang or Earthquake...

Gengar (Levitate, Timid) (255 Speed, 255 Sp. Attack) (Life Orb)
-Thunder
-Sludge Wave
-Protect
-Psychic

I forget what its 4th move was, damnitt. But anyways, it can do damage with Sludge Wave. It doesn't actually have Shadow Ball, but instead a 100% accurate Thunder. Psychic is for the Fighting-types that my team hates.

Opinions?

Edit: J, I have half days cause of finals. Why does it matter, anyway?

Edit 2: Oh, and fyi, I don't care about Smogon's stupid rules. I will use Swift Swim and Drizzle together in places where it's legal.

Last edited:
Back