What's your pokemon team?

DRIZZLE AND SWIFT SWIM IS BANNEDDDDDDD

And also severely broken in doubles.

Doubles:

Politoed (Drizzle, Modest) (255 Sp. Attack, 255 HP) (Item: ???)
-Surf
-Hydro Pump
-Ice Beam
-Protect

Well, it's obviously mostly there for Drizzle, but it can hit really hard with its Water attacks. Surf and Hydro Pump are used in different situations, obviously.

I would of recommend a 'Scarf for Water move spam, but then you can't protect... So you could go lefties/mystic water/focus sash/whatever the **** you want. Instead of either Surf or Hydro Pump, you could run one of two things: Hypnosis, which just might shut down a serious threat to your team, or Counter to **** with a physical attacker that isn't a +6 Terrakion. If an EQ comes Politoed's way it should easily survive, and smack whatever hit it with some crazy damage since it has max HP. Of course, if your opponent has a weather Poke, you'll NEVER want to use Counter until it's KO'd, so there's always a risk there. Not to mention Counter is terribly unreliable in Doubles since you never know where you opponent is aiming, so it's just an option to consider; definitely not the best.

Armaldo (Swift Swim, Jolly) (255 Attack, 255 Speed) (Rock Gem)
-Rock Slide
-Brick Break
-Swords Dance
-Protect

It uses Swift Swim to become really fast, and uses Swords Dance. If I see a Water attack coming, I can just switch Politoed out to Cradily to take it. It can use Protect for other things. Rock Slide is self explanatory, and hits big power the first time it's used thanks to Rock Gem. Brick Break is mainly for Steel types that resist Rock Slide.

Getting even a single boost in Doubles is not an easy task, even moreso when Armaldo isn't all-that bulky. A +2 Gem & STAB Rock Slide off of 383 Atk certainly hurts, but not attacking for a single Poke's turn in doubles can and will get you ****ed eventually. Needless to say, be careful.

Also, you're better off with X-scissor for STAB. Armaldo is going to do **** damage with or without the +2 with Brick Break, even when Super Effective. Type coverage ain't all-that important in doubles, after all.

Cradily (Storm Drain, Modest) (255 HP, 150 Defense, 105 Sp. Attack) (Chople Berry)
-Giga Drain
-Protect
-Sludge Wave
-Bulldoze

A bulky Cradily that can take a fighting attack thanks to the berry. It protects the rest of the team from Water attacks with Storm Drain, namely Armaldo, and boosts its Special Attack. It can even take advantage of Hydreigon's and Politoed's Surf to boost it further. It can attack with Giga Drain, which also keeps it healthy. Sludge Wave is for attacking multiple targets at once, and Bulldoze is if a Pokemon that's out is in danger of being outsped and killed. It will slow the opponent down so they aren't as threatening. Protect is self explanatory.

Bulldoze hits your ally too, bro; I know, that's ****ing stupid and kills any merit the move has, but that's how it is. If you really want the ability to lower speed for some reason, String Shot hits two targets in Doubles (lulz will be had every time it's used lmao). It's a shame all it's other great options are suited for singles only.

Also, do NOT rely on Storm Drain to stop Surfs, since it only redirects and absorbs single-target water moves. Even moreso, don't use Hydro Pump or Waterfall when Cradily is out, otherwise you just wasted your other Poke's turn.

Hydreigon (Levitate, Modest) (255 Speed, 255 Sp. Attack) (Life Orb)
-Dragon Pulse
-Surf
-Earth Power
-Protect

A pretty normal Hydreigon. It can destroy things with its powerful attacks, and protect itself with....well, you know.

needz moar intimidate

Sharpedo (Speed Boost, Adamant) (255 Speed, 255 Attack) (Focus Sash)
-Waterfall
-Crunch
-Earthquake/Ice Fang
-Protect

A Sharpedo that has a Sash so it's almost guaranteed to last more than one turn. Under the rain, it can do great damage with Waterfall, and outspeed everything with Speed Boost. Can't decide if I wanna use Ice Fang or Earthquake...

An un-boosted EQ does little to your allies (particularly the ones levitating :p) and your foes, but a 2x Ice Fang isn't doing much either, and multi-scale Dragonite isn't exactly threatening in Doubles (as far as I know...). I'm not sure it'd matter much what move you choose. Damn shame Zen Headbutt ain't legal with Speed Boost.

Gengar (Levitate, Timid) (255 Speed, 255 Sp. Attack) (Life Orb)
-Thunder
-Sludge Wave
-Protect
-Psychic

I forget what its 4th move was, damnitt. But anyways, it can do damage with Sludge Wave. It doesn't actually have Shadow Ball, but instead a 100% accurate Thunder. Psychic is for the Fighting-types that my team hates.

It makes me sad to see a Gengar with poison STAB over ghost... D:

Opinions?

YOUR TEAM ****ING SUCKS

:lol: As for srsness, your team doesn't have a single resistance to Rock. While I doubt you're going to see +6 'Scarf Terrakion unless you're playing PO laddering, if you do, you're really ****ed. 100% ****ed. That alone is enough to say this team really does ****ing suck and won't succeed, but this isn't intended for VGC play, now is it? :p

You've got a nice bundle of resistances which make switching actually worth it if you predict properly, including key immunities to Ground, Fighting, and Water. Very good. Your team is really weak to Mach Punch spam though, so if you switch Gengar incorrectly, it'l probably be met with a move to OHKO it while it's team mate gets PAWNCH!'ed in the face, so Gengar with Psychic really doesn't cure your issue with Fighting types. Just like your Terra weakness, this is enough for you to scrap the team right here and now; if this were singles, anyways.

But your weakness to scarf'd fighting Pokemon is appaulingly bad. Sharpedo ain't going to save the day against Mach Punch, and Scarf'd CC will destroy the rest of your not-Gengar team.

If you miraculously are fighting a team without fighting types, however, this team definitely has room to succeed. You've got synergy, immunities, and the weather in your favor. If your Pokemon were of a higher quality, you'd certainly be taking even more victories...

So all things considered, it's a good team with a nasty and easily exploited weakness. Patch up that hole somehow though, and you've got a team of low tiers that are surprisingly deadly. Bang up job, bro. =)

... Did I mention that fighting weakness? ;_;

Shouldn't you be in school right now?

Pfft, school is for nerds.

Yeah, I know it's banned, BUT I DON'T CARE. It's not like I'm gonna use this team where it's banned.

Why put something to sleep when I can just kill it? That and Hypnosis is just soooo unreliable.

Armaldo has some good physical bulk, so it will likely get a boost in. If not, well, it can still attack without a boost.
I dunno, both Armaldo and Cradily have Steel troubles, and they'll be in battle together a lot.

As for Bulldoze; yes, but I have Protect. Don't you remember? :p

But Sludge Wave hits two Pokemon instead of one, and I like that.

Yes, the fighting weakness sucks, but I can likely manage it.

Why put something to sleep when I can just kill it? That and Hypnosis is just soooo unreliable.

And what if you can't kill it? :p

As for Bulldoze; yes, but I have Protect. Don't you remember? :p

Forcing yourself to protect is never a good thing as well. :p More importantly, it's not like Bulldoze will do much damage at all, and Levitate/balloon users will dodge it. String Shot has no immunities of the sort. ;)

But Sludge Wave hits two Pokemon instead of one, and I like that.

That's why I wasn't criticizing it. :p DO YOU THINK ME FOOLISH AT DOUBLES, YOUNGIN'?!

But I like having both Hydro Pump and Surf. :l

Bulldoze + Protect is more of a thing to use in dangerous situations. If there was a Meinshao out against Hydreigon, for example.

And I don't think Cradily can learn String Shot.

You're right, String Shot's not an egg move, it's a tutor (why the **** did they make String Shot a tutor move?!)... derpnevermind

I was gonna include a Manetric instead of Gengar, but....this was gonna be its moveset.

-Thunder
-Volt Switch
-Discharge
-Protect

As you can see, its movepool kinda.....sucks horribly.

I was also considering Alakazam.

Last edited:
I've always preferred double status screws over in doubles with bulky pokes. Something like bronzong and bulky gyarados as a team with zong setting up stealth rock first turn while guara gives intimidate cut and throws a twave at something, second turn twave the other and have zong make use of eq while gyara fires stab waterfalls and heal off with leftovers and proceed to predict a switch and twave coupled with stealth rock damage then have zong use rain dance with light clay before it dies so everything is still slow and switch in a swift swim specs kingdra firing stab surf or Draco meteor. Stab surf with rain with specs will make kingdra Ohko most everything, so when guara finally goes switch in something like vaporeon with water absorb and grass knot to kill anything resistant to kingdras stab surfs while healing it's partner. Basically game, just throw in some other late game cleaners that hit hard and fast and both opponents creatures like bulky dinghy to aqua tail stuff with rain boost and get stealth rock to eat as much hp as possible. That's my strategy in a nutshell anyways, usually works, hard to stop. Lol

Karp edit:
ARE YOU KIDDING ME?! You double posted for no reason? Where yo edit button at son? -________-

Last edited by a moderator:
That would work back in DPP Doubles, but certainly not anymore against a top tier team. Things hit even harder now, and leading offensive Pokes tend to have way more synergy than they once did. Not to mention team preview means dedicated leads will do you even less good.

Not sayin' that defensive strategies 100% don't work in doubles, but they've always been the lesser choice be it as a leading strategy or your team's dedicated strategy; even moreso in Gen 5.

True but I have tried it against today's teams even and that lead matchup can still throw people for a loop as not knowing what to expect but yea, I get your point. My policy with Pokemon is typically to do something out of the norm, that's why I go with that strategy and those pokes. Lol. On the flipside, could always team up a snorlax with an alakazam and just come straight outta nowhere blowing up them fighting leads and cursing away with snorlax healing with lefties then alakazam goes down and bang! Out comes gyara or mence with intimidate and a band or specs, both pokes now firing away. I dunno, it's my thing... Lol

Ok, it's been a long time since ive posted a team, so here it goes.

Bronzong
Adamant
Levitate
Leftovers
252 spdef, 108 atk, 144 hp
- stealth rock
- earthquake
- thunder wave
- explosion

Gyarados
Adamant
Intimidate
Leichi berry/salac berry/leftovers
252 atk, 252 def, 6 hp
- waterfall
- dragon tail
- earthquake
- thunder wave

Escavalier
Adamant
Swarm
Life orb
252 atk, 252 spdef, 6 def
- megahorn
- iron head
- night slash
- reversal?

Chandelure
Modest
Flash fire
Choice scarf
252 spatk, 252 speed, 6 hp
- shadow ball
- flamethrower
- overheat
- grass knot?

Conkeldurr
Adamant
Sheer force
Choice band
252 atk, 252 def, 6 spdef
- Mach punch
- drain punch
- rock slide/stone edge
- payback

Gliscor
Adamant
Hyper cutter
Salac berry
252 atk, 252 spd, 6 def
- earthquake
- ice fang
- acrobatics
- swords dance

There it is. This team is for signal battles only, and has proven extremely effective. The teams synergy works incredibly well, with the high threats not only being strong but also acting as both predator and prey to bait a super effective move onto which I can switch in chandelure with flash fire and sweep. Gyara and zong provide paralysis and cripple support to give even escavalier a chance to wreck havoc with megahorn. Thing of the latter or those which survive of I'm pushes to the edge get hammered with that gliscor, speed boost on top of coverage then with no item firing stab acrobatics at double power per the effect. Conkeldurr will hit hard and fast with sheer force banded stab priority Mach punch coming off a 140 base attack. This team so far has been full proof, please critique and let me know what you think.

Last edited:
I just don't have much advice for it....

You may wanna replace Chandelure's Grass Knot with Energy Ball.

Escavalier might like Pursuit over Night Slash or Reversal.

And for Conkeldurr, only use Sheer Force if running Rock Slide; otherwise just use Guts. In fact, if you don't mind Burn damage, adding a Flame Orb to a Guts Conkeldurr would be a good idea.

For Gliscor, do you have any way of ensuring that it will get down to the health required to use Salac Berry? I like the idea through, unique for a Gliscor.

I just don't have much advice for it....

You may wanna replace Chandelure's Grass Knot with Energy Ball.

Escavalier might like Pursuit over Night Slash or Reversal.

And for Conkeldurr, only use Sheer Force if running Rock Slide; otherwise just use Guts. In fact, if you don't mind Burn damage, adding a Flame Orb to a Guts Conkeldurr would be a good idea.

For Gliscor, do you have any way of ensuring that it will get down to the health required to use Salac Berry? I like the idea through, unique for a Gliscor.

Running the reversal on escavalier because mega horn and night slash already provide plenty coverage with psychics and darks. Iron head is stab and for anything rocky that tries to pull a fast one on him. Reversal I'm gonna go with as a nasty surprise for a bulky wall like blister or, more namely, tyranitar.

I was gonna go with rock slide for conk, definately. That choiced Mach punch is a mean thing bud.

As for chandelure, I couldnt remember energy ball before, but he'll yea that would be better.

And my experience with gliscor is that he's bulky enough for the most part and the way his ev spread is it works most of the time.

Back