What's your pokemon team?

... Nick, the Focus Sash disappears like a berry after you use it, healing won't bring it back. Sandstorm and the less common Hail ruins the strategy completely too, and as a starter, Jumpluff isn't very intimidating. Synthesis is even further ruined by low PP and Sandstorm/Hail, meaning common TTar/Hippowdon/Abomasnow ruin it. Enemies like SR Aero could just taunt her as well, and then you can't do anything but Aerial Ace... Which will be doing pathetic damage.

In short, sorry to say, but that's a really bad moveset, Nick. It just doesn't mix with the metagame, and Jumpluff is only good as SubSeeding, nothing else (although it is certainly good at that).

Then by all means use it. ... Doesn't mean it'l help you win, though.

Its still fun to use. I just like to come up with things that are considered origional, not suggested movesets by Smogon etc.

Originality is certainly good Nick, but originality is also easy to come up with these days. Smogon has everything, and almost everything "original" is worse than most, if not all, of Smogon's sets. There's a rare chance you could think up something amazing, but the moveset won't do it, it'l be the EVs. Smogon already has 99% of all general movesets, the only thing to do is come up with an original EV spread which is further supporting the EVs' duties. For example, the somewhat new Defensive Arcanine spread. It was Smogon born by a Smogonite, but it was still original.

Yeah, but....it takes the fun out of a lot of things. You have to be a complete Pokenerd to come up with anything better than Smogon, and by the time you come up with it, they will have put it down already.

My point exactly, Nick. I find fun in battling competitively, with my best possible team. I'm a pokefreak who tries to play the best he could possibly do, by all means necesarry. It shows in the fact my entire team is usually of OUs, an occasional BL.

So yeah, just as I said, feel free to move the set if you think it'd be fun. It's just a warning that the set won't be doing you any favors.

in game and for fun, i won't bother with the competitive stuff. i'd rather wait until i have access to all the resources the game can offer before i get serious.

this causes my ingame team to simply be powerhouses with strong moves that cover the weaknesses of the team rather than the cohesive unit required in competitions.

Need some help creating a little more balanced offensive team-
Main weekness elct.

Honcrow@Dread plate
Brave Nature
Insomnia
[spec. pyshical atk]

-Drill peck
-Faint atk
-Assurance
-Revenge/Hypnosis

Lucario@Fist plate
Serious nature
Steadfast [spec. phys. atk & sp. atk & speed]

-Aura sphere
-Close combat
-Me first
-Swords dance

Gyarados@Left overs
Lax nature
Intimadate [spec phsic. atk & hp]
-Ice fang
-Thrash
-Aqua tail
-Swagger

Rapidash@n/a (any suggestions) Naughty nature
Flash fire [spec. Physic. atk sp. def & speed]

-Bounce
-Fire blast
-poison jab
-Megahorn

I wanna add an offensive ground type, and any suggestions on move set/ item?

I suppose that wouldnt be a bad addition, But 4x ice...

Yeah ill look into its specs, and see If itll work

Flygon isn't all that good of a ground type... Garchomp is far better anyways, and is legal if you're not playing by tiers.

Before I give my harsh criticism, do you want me to help refine your current teams' movesets, Lastwords? And ofcourse, do you want a defense/support ground type, or an offensive ground type?

Lol its hella hard to find moves for honcrow/rapidash, i have to breed the moves I want...

And im going for full offense,
And critisize away! :p

You got it.

As I mentioned, Garchomp is the way to go for a Ground/Dragon. Better offenses, better speed, and even better defenses. ... Unless ofcourse, you're going to play by the OU tier, in that case, there's a few more options.

If you don't want Garchomp, Flygon is certainly an option. A lesser option, but it can still use powerful moves like Draco Meteor. ... Compared to Garchomp it lacks huge power, though.

Swampert would also be an excellent choice. While it's typically seen more as a utility/tank poke, it can still be used offensively via a choice band or simply being a full physical poke. And even though it's a water type like Gyara, it isn't weak to electric or rock, only grass. This means it doesn't double up on any of your team's weaknesses, making it a great choice. I would personally recommend Swampert for your team.

There's probably one last good option: Mamoswine. Mamoswine is very powerful, and an Ice type is always a welcome addition. He may give you another fire weakness, but that gives you more chances to exploit Rapidash's Flash Fire on the switch. Mamoswine is also just as powerful as Garchomp, without the 4x weaknesses. With moves like Avalanche and Earthquake, it can hit very hard. The problem is that it also gives you another water weakness to worry about, so Swampert and Garchomp are probably better choices.

If you can decide out of these pokes, I'll get to helping your movesets become better.

Back