What's your pokemon team?

Salamence - Adamant - Choice Scarf
EV - HP and Attack
Dragon Dance
Outrage
Fire Fang
Crunch

How much sense does this make... hmmm... lemme pick this apart.

first off... Hes got CS... Why in for the love of Darwin :)lol:) would you give him DD?????? This set gets murdered by the likes of Weavile, Mamoswine, and other users of priority STAB Ice Shard. Scarf with Outrage will kill you... Your locked into that move until you switch out, and can get walled by the likes of Bronzong... Who can set up SR, screens, and whatever else it might be running.

Those STABs will still kill you... Even if your able to use mence to scare something off and DD on the switch, if theyre packin Weavile, or much more namely Mamoswine, your in for a scary OHKO... Especially if you factor in SR damage.

Chuckled at the DD + Scarf set.

Those STABs will still kill you... Even if your able to use mence to scare something off and DD on the switch, if theyre packin Weavile, or much more namely Mamoswine, your in for a scary OHKO... Especially if you factor in SR damage.

Which is why you don't randomly send the thing out and start poke-raging with outrage. =P

This set won't get too far once they throw in a Skarmory or Bronzong, and even a good amount of other walls since you don't have EQ. Crunch has little use on DD Mence unless you're scared of Cresselia, which in this case, it isn't even that effective, since +1 LO Crunch won't be OHKOing Cresselia. And for sake of mention, +1 LO Outrage does MORE damage than a super effective Crunch. =P

Rather, drop Crunch for EQ. You'll need it to best steel types, and not have to resort to Outrage to kill EVERYTHING that counters this set; as Storm mentioned, you don't want to use Outrage everytime it comes out; you're bound to encounter a Scizor, Mamoswine, or something else to end your parade swiftly.

Also, Fire Fang isn't doing enough to Skarmory to prevent a whirlwind from throwing you out of your sweep. Physical 'Zong laughs at it as well. Rather, you'll want to drop adamant and get a nature that isn't lowering Sp. Atk (Naughty for +Atk, Naive for +Spe), and throw on somewhere around 24 Sp. Atk EVs or more. This is, ofcourse, for the entirely-superior Fire Blast.

You don't have to use Fire Blast over Fire Fang, but I highly recommend it, otherwise some walls should be KOing you, or atleast stopping your sweep completely, wasting your 'Mence. Considering LO, revenge killers, as well as priority moves and SR everything, this set generally has one shot, two if SR is somehow missing from the field. You want to kill as many counters as possible on this set, and Fire Blast can only aid you more than Fire Fang can.

I'll get on that team soon, Esp. =) Anyone else?

Yea CK. Plz give this one a check. Thnx

Aerodactyl @ Life Orb @ Jolly
Rock Head
- Stealth Rock
- Iron Head
- Stone Edge
- Ice Fang

Breloom @ Toxic Orb @ Jolly
Poison Heal
- Spore
- Superpower
- Seed Bomb
- Facade

Scizor @ Choice Scarf @ Adamant
Technician
- Bullet Punch
- Superpower
- Pursuit
- U-Turn

Donphan @ Leftovers @ Adamant
Sturdy
- Rapid Spin
- Earthquake
- Assurance
- Ice Shard

Arcanine @ Leftovers @ Quirky
Flash Fire
- Thunder Fang
- Iron Tail
- Extreme Speed
- Overheat

Starmie @ Life Orb @ Modest
Natural Cure
- Grass Knot
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam
- Surf

after you rate Esp and Storms teams, i want your opinion on this
Sandstorm team V2!

Tyranitar / Adament
-Stone Edge
-Crunch
-EQ
-Aqua Tail

Swampert / Adament
-Waterfall
-EQ
-Brick Break
-Ice Punch

Lucario / Adament
-CC
-Shadow Claw
-Extreme Speed
-EQ

Metagross / Adament
-Meteor Mash
-Zen Headbutt
-Agility
-Explosion

Flygon / Modest
-Draco Meteor
-Flamethrower / Fire Blast(not sure)
-Earth Power
-Sandstorm / Signal Beam

Scizor / Adament
-X Scissor
-Night Slash
-Bullet Punch
-Swords Dance

Go with Flamethrower for Flygon because Fire Blast has 65 accuarcy although it is a powerful attack. Flamethrower works better due to 100 accuarcy and 95 power. Attach a Life Orb to it and it will take out a Scizor/Forrestress in no time.

Overall Team 10/10

@ King of Pop: Flamethrower on Flygon obliterates Scizor and Forretress, Life Orb or not... And Fire Blast is 85% accuracy, not 65%.... Ugh....

As a very wise little man once said KOP.... "Much to learn, you still have..." :lol:

Oooh I wanna rate!

Sandstorm team V2!

Tyranitar / Adament
-Stone Edge
-Crunch
-EQ
-Aqua Tail

Nice TTar. Double STAB, good coverage otherwise... Only problem for this set, I think, might come from the likes of Levitating Bronzong and Gyro ball, but Crunch should tear through it in no time. That... And some more common foes can leave quite a dent... Namely any variation of Infernape's Close Combat or Lucario even... 2 very commonly used pokes.

Swampert / Adament
-Waterfall
-EQ
-Brick Break
-Ice Punch

Whats your item here? I see your going for type coverage... But Pert dont really have the raw power to rip through anything, even with both of its wonderful STABs. Why not make it a CursePert an throw Leftovers? Sucker can get quite scary after a Curse or 2, especially with sandstorm already adding to its Special Def bulk.

Lucario / Adament
-CC
-Shadow Claw
-Extreme Speed
-EQ

Great Lucario. No problems whatsoever. Im assuming your Banding, Scarfing, or LOing this right?

Metagross / Adament
-Meteor Mash
-Zen Headbutt
-Agility
-Explosion

Eh... not my favorite of the Metagross variations. Steel and Psychic STABs dont generally have the best coverage... Agility does help, along with the explosion neccessary for that last hurrah... This set kind of screams set up bait for Zong and Forretress... Or any Steel type for that matter.

Flygon / Modest
-Draco Meteor
-Earth Power
-Sandstorm / Signal Beam

I likethis Flygon. I prefer the Mixed set, but this one works just as well. Flamethrower or fire Blast, doesnt really matter, although going wih the former always guarantees a hit, and it does quite good enough of a job at taking out what it needs to. Since your running Draco Meteor, Im assuming not only to dent foes who resist everything else with that fantastic STAB.... But if you want to rid yourself of Salamence, make it a Timid nature, as it will outspeed all variants of Mence, barring ScarfMence... Other than that, one thing I would change is Signal Beam to maybe U Turn or something. No, its not going to be leaving many dents, but Timid Flygon with its great speed makes a good scout, and if Gyarados comes in on this set, your in trouble.

Scizor / Adament
-X Scissor
-Night Slash
-Bullet Punch
-Swords Dance

SD Scizor? Scary... To be sure... Whats its item though? LO? Without some kind of Speed Boost, Scizor isnt going to be doing the best job of sweeping.... Although SD Scizor is good, I prefer the CB version, lets me allocate U Turn to scout the other team along with frustrating them on the switch along with it being STAB, I think it works better than X Scizzor. I would replace SD with Superpower to completely obliterate the likes of Blissey and all others who stand in your way.

Also, one more thing... Its a very well built team, but its missing SR support, which many of your sweepers need in order to guarantee that OHKO.

Oooh I wanna rate!

Sandstorm team V2!

Tyranitar / Adament
-Stone Edge
-Crunch
-EQ
-Aqua Tail

Nice TTar. Double STAB, good coverage otherwise... Only problem for this set, I think, might come from the likes of Levitating Bronzong and Gyro ball, but Crunch should tear through it in no time. That... And some more common foes can leave quite a dent... Namely any variation of Infernape's Close Combat or Lucario even... 2 very commonly used pokes.

Swampert / Adament
-Waterfall
-EQ
-Brick Break
-Ice Punch

Whats your item here? I see your going for type coverage... But Pert dont really have the raw power to rip through anything, even with both of its wonderful STABs. Why not make it a CursePert an throw Leftovers? Sucker can get quite scary after a Curse or 2, especially with sandstorm already adding to its Special Def bulk.

Lucario / Adament
-CC
-Shadow Claw
-Extreme Speed
-EQ

Great Lucario. No problems whatsoever. Im assuming your Banding, Scarfing, or LOing this right?

Metagross / Adament
-Meteor Mash
-Zen Headbutt
-Agility
-Explosion

Eh... not my favorite of the Metagross variations. Steel and Psychic STABs dont generally have the best coverage... Agility does help, along with the explosion neccessary for that last hurrah... This set kind of screams set up bait for Zong and Forretress... Or any Steel type for that matter.

Flygon / Modest
-Draco Meteor
-Earth Power
-Sandstorm / Signal Beam

I likethis Flygon. I prefer the Mixed set, but this one works just as well. Flamethrower or fire Blast, doesnt really matter, although going wih the former always guarantees a hit, and it does quite good enough of a job at taking out what it needs to. Since your running Draco Meteor, Im assuming not only to dent foes who resist everything else with that fantastic STAB.... But if you want to rid yourself of Salamence, make it a Timid nature, as it will outspeed all variants of Mence, barring ScarfMence... Other than that, one thing I would change is Signal Beam to maybe U Turn or something. No, its not going to be leaving many dents, but Timid Flygon with its great speed makes a good scout, and if Gyarados comes in on this set, your in trouble.

Scizor / Adament
-X Scissor
-Night Slash
-Bullet Punch
-Swords Dance

SD Scizor? Scary... To be sure... Whats its item though? LO? Without some kind of Speed Boost, Scizor isnt going to be doing the best job of sweeping.... Although SD Scizor is good, I prefer the CB version, lets me allocate U Turn to scout the other team along with frustrating them on the switch along with it being STAB, I think it works better than X Scizzor. I would replace SD with Superpower to completely obliterate the likes of Blissey and all others who stand in your way.

Also, one more thing... Its a very well built team, but its missing SR support, which many of your sweepers need in order to guarantee that OHKO.

you already rated it and gave some good advice. now i want CKs

My Diamond party consists of:

Luxray lv. 70
Giratina lv. 71
Dialgia lv. 59
Jirachi lv. 56
Gyarados lv. 52
Blissey lv. 50

Oooh I wanna rate!

you already rated it and gave some good advice. now i want CKs

Ask, and you shall receive.

Oooh I wanna rate!

Sandstorm team V2!

Tyranitar / Adament
-Stone Edge
-Crunch
-EQ
-Aqua Tail

Swampert / Adament
-Waterfall
-EQ
-Brick Break
-Ice Punch

Lucario / Adament
-CC
-Shadow Claw
-Extreme Speed
-EQ

Metagross / Adament
-Meteor Mash
-Zen Headbutt
-Agility
-Explosion

Flygon / Modest
-Draco Meteor
-Earth Power
-Sandstorm / Signal Beam

Scizor / Adament
-X Scissor
-Night Slash
-Bullet Punch
-Swords Dance

Let's get a few things straight, Storm, since I have to be the meta-nazi and correct every mistake anyone says or makes, just to be the douchebag EVERYONE hates.

... Or, to pass my knowledge to others, maybe. =P

Lucario isn't a common lead at all, anymore. Infernape's lost a huge amount of popularity too, considering bulky leads, especially with an Occa, rip him up. A Fake Out Sash set might show up every once in awhile, but there is such a thing as switching out. =P Bronzong's still around strong, but remember, Gyro Ball's BP is dependant on it's speed compared to the opponent's. Max HP TTar with no speed EVs isn't taking massive damage from a low BP, low base attack move; super effective STAB or not.

T'is true, Swampert lacks the raw power to smash things on his own; without an item. I've used a CBPert before, as insane as I am (take a wall and turn him into a sweeper? LOLWUT?), and it worked well. Not excellently, didn't win me any matches, but it didn't lose me any either. 525 attack with STAB Waterfall and EQ isn't too appealing to any poke not a wall, after all. ... Oh, and 'Pert's a ground type, only rock types get the Sp. Def boost. Get your facts straight. =P

Good assessment Storm, Flygon is a great asset with U-turn. Can't underestimate the power of free switches. =P The only thing I've gotta mention is Flygon and 'Mence share the same Base Speed. Any offensive set running Naive/Timid/Jolly, bar DD sets (they never max EVs; but come in on the switch, and Flygon gets battered), and there's a speed tie.

Not to mention there's the huge risk that the 'Mence is scarfed or otherwise. Switching Flygon in on 'Mence, and especially keeping it in on 'Mence is generally a bad idea, hence U-turn. Unless you KNOW by speed comparison that 'Mence is slower than your Flygon, NEVER leave a Flygon in on a Salamence. U-turning the turn after it switches in isn't the brightest idea, either. =P

Can't agree on your opinion with the Lucario set, though. Shadow Claw and EQ are out of place on any band/scarf/LO set, E-speed if it's not a Band set. The type coverage is rather sloppy, so... I'll confront that at a later time when I actually rate the team.

Good opinion on Gross' set, Storm. :thumbsup: Psychic and Steel both have terrible coverage, and when you're trying to sweep, we all know coverage is everything. Thunder/Ice Punch should generally take the passenger seat when paired with MM. Again, I'll cover why in the team rate.

I can tell you don't know the horrors of Scizor. :lol: CB Scizor is indeed the most common, and the most deadly CB poke in the current metagame, but NEVER underestimate the SD version. I used to run a team with SD Scizor as the main sweeper; I never lost with the team. +2 LO STAB Bullet Punch anhilates pretty much everything; and if it doesn't, X-Scissor and Superpower do.

I loves me some Scizor, so I'll go into it right now; Night slash is redundant, since Bug already smashes Psychics, and hitting ghosts isn't too important when most of them are too fragile to take a BP, or otherwise, you can't handle (Dusknoir, the only bulky ghost that really posses a threat to Scizor, will survive a Night Slash, and then WoW your Scizor, ending his sweep permanently; if you think you can just SD up against him, you're wrong too. Fire Punch/Pain Split will put you in KO range from Burn and LO after one or two attacks; meaning you'll take out Dusknoir, and your sweep ends. Not too effective, lol.

Anyways, Storm has a point about Superpower; steel types wall Scizor completely, mainly Skarmory. Superpower highly dents it coming from +2 LO. However, it takes two Superpower shots to 2HKO Skarmory, meaning your attack stat is back to normal, you've taken LO damage, and your defense is now cut in half. Not the best position.

IMO, Brick Break is better, since it doesn't lower your attack/defense, can be consistently used to kill multiple threats without stopping your own sweep, (TTars, Blisseys, and Lucarios all on the same team, for example) and the only drawback is you can't 2HKO Skarmory (which can only whirlwind you or get KO'd), and can't OHKO Heatran. Just grab a Magnezone, or get some entry hazard damage prior to your sweep, and both of them will still fall.

Also, once HG/SS comes out, Scizor can be tutored Bug Bite. If your Scizor has Technician (which it should; otherwise Bullet Punch doesn't do crap), Bug Bite has 15 more Base Power than X-scissor. Not saying you should hold off on Scizor until then, but when you get the chance, teach it Bug Bite. You never know, you might steal a berry, and that 15 extra BP just might be enough to snag a game-winning KO. I've won a game by two damage before, seriously. =P

Anywho... I'll rate this team eventually. First up, Storm's team! I'll edit it in, or throw in a new post if someone posts before I'm done.

lol.... Thnx CK. I appreciate the criticism actually. Helps me learn.

Speaking of which... I didnt know Rock type was the only ones who get the Sp Def boost in a sandstorm. :p

Aerodactyl - Jolly - Focus Sash
Stealth Rock
Dragon Claw
Earthquake
Crunch

Garchomp - Adamant - Choice Band (Just for fun)
Dragon Claw
EQ
Brick Break
Crunch

Salamence - Adamant - Choice Scarf
Dragon Claw
Crunch
Fire Fang
??? (Undecided)

Dusknoir - Adamant - Leftovers
Gravity
DynamicPunch
Shadow Sneak
Will-o-wisp

Machamp - Adamant (again lol) - Life Orb
Payback
Cross Chop
Fire Punch
Ice Punch

Lucario - Jolly - Focus Sash
Swords Dance
Extremespeed
Ice Punch
Close Combat

I know I have alot of Adamants but I couldn't think of anything good.... sorry. Please rate.

Back