What's your scariest moment ever in a game?

rob

Bomberman
Dec 6, 2006
N.Ireland/Edinburgh
There are plently of games out there designed to terrify you senseless, my favourite being the resident evil series... anyway what moment during ANY game has; made you jump off your seat, played with your nerves or generally just frightened you silly?

Mine comes from an unusual source:
Was playing 1player in 007 World is Not Enough (N64), with my brothers watching and on the submarine level I shot a guard. He dissapeared completely when the bullet struck... I continued stealthily and eventually jumped in the water... facing the wrong way to the submarine I swam bond around, there, right up to the screen was the guards face... it was all blue from the water and had no expression, his body was suspended upright, and his limbs were limp.

As soon as we saw that we jumped out of our skin and then laughed afterwards but was pretty freaky especially in a bond game!

Please share your gaming 'horror' stories...

whatever that one game was where your character was falsley accused of murderig his family, and is put into that haunted prison... Yeah I started playing that game in a dark basement... yeah

ocdan said:
whatever that one game was where your character was falsley accused of murderig his family, and is put into that haunted prison... Yeah I started playing that game in a dark basement... yeah
your probably thinking about The Suffering.

OMG fatal frame crimson butterfly, i still refuse to play this game even during the day haha, i dont want to have a heart attack at a young age :p

Playing Final Fantasy 3 back when it came out on the Super. :D I was never good about saving, especially when I hadn't died in forever. I was playing for about 6 and a half hours without saving.:frown2: My little brother was running back and forth in the room and kept telling him to stop. :mad5: I decided that I was going to save, to be safe. :idea: As I was saving, my brother tripped over the cord and the game shut off. :yikes: I was very scared for the 2 minutes that it took me to find out that I actually was able to save the game. :cool:

True story.

Last edited:
When I was playing DKC2 and in the 2nd world (with all the lava) you had to face the boss called Kleever. And when you defeat him he sinks into the lava so I dropped my controller and layed back waiting for Dixie/Diddy to do his/her dance. But to my surprise Kleever came back out of the lava and I really had to rush to get my controller back in my hand. Scary stuff that was.

Oddly enough for me it was playing which was voted the worst game of all, that game was E.T from the Atari 2600. Imagine if you were young, playing on a stormy night at 1am and playing a game that was never completly made by the game maker.

I never did anything in the game expect move E.T around and try to escape from the white doctors. The noise was scary enough :yikes: . After you get caught by the doctors, you end up in prision but you can simply walk out of it and get caught again. Not knowing what to do in the game was another scary point lol.

I can't remember being scared in the 16 bit era. I knew that I was but i repressed it in my subconscious.:scared: I'm playing Resident Evil 4 now and the part that stands out so far is the part when the mutant dogs jump out of the darkness on the way to the church. I was killed in 2 hits and now I feel emasculated :frown2:

Resident Evil on the GC scared me somewhat the first play through. That freaky mutated woman, Lisa Trevor was it? She was scary...plus the sharks. Also whenever those zombie dogs bust in somewhere.

Last edited:
id have to say resident evil when the dogs run out like someone posted ,and i know it sounds stupid but the game f.e.a.r scared me when crawling through the vent she comes out of nowhere and crawls like that girl from the ring up the well,thats scary ****

my scariest moment wasn't scary in your sense of the meaning. In Final Fantasy XI online I was bidding on something at the auction house when my keyboard glitched at somehow the <- key got stuck, well the <- key at the auction house basically sets the bid to all the gil in your inventory. I was suddenly about to bid 16,000,000 some odd gil on a 1400g item, I was pressing the -> and delete key trying to clear the bid hoping somehow the ENTER key wouldn't go, nothing would work so I pulled the plug on my router. Luckily when I logged back in I still had all my gil and the bid didn't go thru, but that scared the crap out of me. Damn virtual currency. :p

As far as Nintendo retro goes, I'd have to say the time my NES got unplugged while I was saving a Zelda game I had been playing for a while.

Last edited:
hmmmm u play ffxi?i havnt played in weeks,but anyway yeah losing all your money is scary in ffxi.

Back