What's your scariest moment ever in a game?

My scariest game was Zelda Majora's Mask.

I was alone in the house and it was dark, and I was in the creepy well. I had just finished defeating many enemies in a particularly scary room and was in a hall. I figured the game was giving me a break and I was so happy as I walked slowly to the other side. Then all of a sudden A GIANT BLACK HAND drops down and picks me up and takes me to the start of the level. I nearly had a heart attack and I couldn't play again for months.

When I finally gathered the courage (and the strategy guide) to finish the level, I made it through and I rejoiced at finding the ladder that takes you to the castle. Then all of a sudden this loud trumpet music starts up and frightens the heck out of me.

Majora's Mask has some creepy stuff in it, like Redeads, Wallmasters, the whole fourth area and the Happy Mask guy (check out his expression when he finds out you lost his mask).

Well I have to say Silent Hill its the only game I wouldent play in the dark, it just gives me the goosebumps lol. also I think the 1st one was the best ;)

I was playing System Shock 2, and I was really into the game and I was at a corner of a wall in a lobby and i heard the aliens over-turning things looking for me and all I had was a wrench. Then all of a sudden my Dad come up from behind me in the pitch black 3:00 in the morn'. I turned around looked at him and let out the loudest and longest yell I have ever to date. That SOB scared me good god dammit!

systemshock24.jpg

And another game F.E.A.R. just had me on edge the entire 10 hours of game play.

Last edited:
Method of Rhythm said:
I was playing System Shock 2, and I was really into the game and I was at a corner of a wall in a lobby and i heard the aliens over-turning things looking for me and all I had was a wrench. Then all of a sudden my Dad come up from behind me in the pitch black 3:00 in the morn'. I turned around looked at him and let out the loudest and longest yell I have ever to date. That SOB scared me good god dammit!

systemshock24.jpg

And another game F.E.A.R. just had me on edge the entire 10 hours of game play.
Glad to see iam not the only one.

Kurai said:
Eternal Darkness for Gamecube!
around the begining of the game,, Alex walks into the bathroom and suddenly there's a lond scream and she's dead in the bathtub! I jumped at that part. i was also freaked out when my sanity meter was low and the screen turned black and ijn the corner said "Video". My TV does that so I thought it was real.
As soon as I saw this thread I did a quick search on "Eternal Darkness" to find this post, I knew it! That moment was quite scary.

When I was younger, 8 or 9, I started playing Half-Life. I had no idea what the game actually was and when it all goes haywire and aliens start popping out of nowhere I got reasonably scared.
Also Silent Hill 2 on the PS2 was one damn scary game. You would be wondering around the town at night and it would be misty so you wouldn't be able to see really far. Occationally you would see a lurching figure in the mist... scary

Resident Evil: (my first survival horror)

1)The part when crows break the window I iwll never forget that scare

2) The part with the sharks (I got all tense trying to run)

3) When my lockpick with Jill broke (this only happens in the first RE version for the PS1)

4)Fighting against the tyrant can be a scary feeling since he walks so slow it makes you feel like you are on a slasher movie lol

Fatal Frame 2: Crimson Butterfly

1)A part when you are walking on one of those houses of the haunted village and you pass right up a corner (with a weird angle) and first thing you see when the angle changes is this girl (a la "The Ring") Just in front of you all of a sudden...I even dropped my controller to the floor (I was playing at 2am with a giant pair of headphones with a nice amount of volume power) you can imagine how I felt for a few seconds...

2)The part that you hide on a cabinet and there is this kid (a ghost like in the grudge movie) just kneeling beside you...

Silent Hill 2:

The part when you are in some sort of a Jail and you hear that Pyramid head is walking in the upper floor and you know you have to go trough there and when you do...there is no PH in sight but you hear his footsteps...pretty creepy though he never shows up on that part

Silent Hill 3:

The subway part when you look for the guy that killed himself on that subway station the music and atmosphere get hectic with monsters and stuff it was all tense as hell...

Silent Hill 4: The room

1)The Jail part where those monsters (a big bulky body with baby heads) just point at your for a few seconds then they dash toward you. it makes you desperate...

2)The hospital part when you enter the surgery room and there us this giant deformed weird monster that appears out of nowhere...It creep m out so I hacked it so fast it didint touched me lol

Clock Tower (Snes)

-When you are hiding in a room and Ms barrows is going to enter giving you a few seconds to look for some place to hide or look for a weapon. That game even though with side scrolling graphics can be really scary (the lack of music make this eerie atmosphere)

Yes I am a big Survival Horror fan

F.E.A.R was the scariest **** I've played. I creamed my pants. Adrenaline everywhere. Sweaty palms. You name it... jeez.

To me, the scariest moment i had was at the end of Zelda Ocarina of Time for the N64(if u havent played/beaten it SPOILER AHEAD). It was late at night, no lights on in the house and i just killed Ganondorf and made it to the bottom of the collapsing castle. But in a pile of debris u hear a sound and when u go to check it out, Ganon explodes from under it and transforms into a giant beast with a giant golden sword in each hand and knocks the master sword out of your hand...damn...

I remember playing a not so well known game called PROJECT E.D.E.N It was pretty scary

are you guys blind?i said i played fear in the first page.

When i was playing Legend of Zelda Windwaker and my gamcube fell off the shielf causing the cd top to pop up and freezing the game. I though that i just lost 5+ hours of gaming. Luckly upon closing the lid the game continued and i quickly saved it. The cube still lives today, envy of my new wii lol.

I wouldn't say that many games scare me. The closest any game got to freaking me out would probably be the shadow temple in OoT. :scared: It wasn't as much about the various saws and blades or dark tones combined with eerie music. The lens of truth made me feel like there was something there, and when I would look there would be nothing (most of the time). Then I would still have the feeling that something was there. :scared:

To tell you the truth it was in ocarina of time one of those zombie things jumped on me and i just like jumped and i screamed

Back