When a host quits....

nah you def don't...i have a question though...I'm NEVER the host, or I'm never at the top of the list, probably because of my so so connection. But when a host quits do they get some indicator like "you are the host, are you sure you want to quit" or is it the standard leaving a match message?

Another one for the hosts gracious enough to quit after a match is over. I've seen the host quit numerous times in the loading after the match, during the scoreboard being displayed (which you do keep XP for) How are they quitting then?

nah you def don't...i have a question though...I'm NEVER the host, or I'm never at the top of the list, probably because of my so so connection. But when a host quits do they get some indicator like "you are the host, are you sure you want to quit" or is it the standard leaving a match message?

Nope, there isn´t any special message. You select "quit" and then the game goes back to the menu

Another one for the hosts gracious enough to quit after a match is over. I've seen the host quit numerous times in the loading after the match, during the scoreboard being displayed (which you do keep XP for) How are they quitting then?

¿turning off the wii?

Yep they pull the plug on ya :( it's pretty sad they get so upset they actually walk over and power off....actually makes me laugh thinking about it. I am pretty sure though as long as the final scores post you bank your xp. I've checked many times and it counted. I always say to myself "please just show the final score!!! Yes!!!"

Yep they pull the plug on ya :( it's pretty sad they get so upset they actually walk over and power off....actually makes me laugh thinking about it. I am pretty sure though as long as the final scores post you bank your xp. I've checked many times and it counted. I always say to myself "please just show the final score!!! Yes!!!"

Could be a freeze. My Wii would freeze up all the time when I use to host. Also not all hosts quit, sometimes the connection gets dropped.

I love it when I can host. My connection is 10mbps, thank you RCN Mach 10. Game play is nice and smooth with no glitches.

You get the xp as soon as the scoreboard shows up if the host quits but not if your wii freezes on the scoreboard. Also I think there should be some kind of data base with your accounts saved on it if your wii dies. Maybe there is and I'm just an idiot.

ok ok another one...we all know the xp doesnt count until the scoreboard is displayed, but what about time played? I have a feeling for some reason the time played counts during host quits. Just my guess though...

ok ok another one...we all know the xp doesnt count until the scoreboard is displayed, but what about time played? I have a feeling for some reason the time played counts during host quits. Just my guess though...

You're probably right on this one... Probably most of the stats are tallied like eliminations, deaths, accuracy etc. Maybe?...

If you're sick of host quits turn Region to ON and most of the time you will open a new game with you being the host. Just a little fun fact.

EDIT: I just played 5 games and 3 of them the host quit. WTF!

Last edited:
I think time played is all the time you are online. I'm pretty sure I left GE on one day and I came home and had 6 hours added.

Back