When game developers leave their jobs

castlezelda

WiiChat Member
Feb 7, 2007
Wii Online Code
0000-0000-0000-0000
According to wii.qj.net, some game developers are leaving.

Cracked.com has just posted a new feature on cool ways real people have actually left their jobs. First item you'll read on that list goes to game developers/programmers from prominent companies, and they sure did a bang up job coming up with their own creative versions of a resignation letter. Check it out.

First was a game designer from 2K Sports. He customized the 8-bit Mario and called it "A Message to 2K Sports Australia." Every time you grab the goal item, a big "I QUIT!!" flashes all over the screen, accompanied by the sound that plays when you grab a star. There doesn't seem to be any ill will from the dev's side, so I take it that it's a fond joke of farewell.

farbs.png

Care to try it out? You can actually play it here.

The next one is a little more emotional. Built up from scratch, "Leaving", is from a former Ubisoft programmer and this one is more of an emotional journey to resignation. Check it out here.

My favorite goes to the last guy, an unnamed designer who leaves this custom-made Mac alert:

alert.png

Something tells me that "Renegotiate" didn't score a single click.

i tried it out, kinda okay for a game, got to the 3rd stage though. i couldn't help but think about "I quite icarly" movie when i say the "I quite" mario game.

Last edited:
Back