When Great Anime Sucks...

ocdan

Pastafarian
Oct 16, 2006
Oak Creek, Wisconsin
Rules:
post a something from a pretty well known and dignified anime series/movie where dubbing into english just fudged the hell up...

My example to start
Series: Neon Genesis Evangelion - End of Evangelion

What: When Misato shoots that guy in the head and the added the gloopy sound, they also added it to the sacrifice of the dummy plug Evas. Listening to the commentary they were so proud they did that and felt creative as hell, when in reality whenever I hear that, Nickelodeon's Double Dare would flash through my mind...

your turn...

Rurouni kenshin dub
Theres a girl working in the resrant with a Texen accent
The fact that it ends with filler
Kenshin sounds like a girl (even in Jap)
Screw it the Manga is better

in naruto dub

whats up with his voice its so corny and the names lose there thouch because they are all said with an american accesnt jeez

Watch the German one
Zazake
Zakura
and the worsed edit ever
that fight with Kakashi and Zabuza (the proper ninja with the big sword)
the bit when hes got a kunrai to his neck they took it out so it looks like hes got his fist on his shoulder

lol prbobably cause they treated it like pokemon

most manga is meant for teens and pre-teens when it comes to america

pokemon had lots of swearing and maybe a bit o blood to but then they were like HEYY this would make a great kids show and editted out all the good stuff

Manga
do you mean the comics or the toons

also Card captors
Worst ever
Missing episodes
Chunks of the plot missing (the whole Tomome in love with Sakura thing is gone)
Annoying opening
Renaming characters (Sakuras last name)

Darkprinny said:
Manga
do you mean the comics or the toons

also Card captors
Worst ever
Missing episodes
Chunks of the plot missing (the whole Tomome in love with Sakura thing is gone)
Annoying opening
Renaming characters (Sakuras last name)
sakura has a something othe tha haruno as her last name in the dubbed version

Naruto in general. I love the Japanese version, but the English version makes me want to crawl up in a corner, shut my eyes as hard as I can and block the terrible voice acting out of my head.

The 1st time I saw Naruto was when it debuted on Toonami, and I was like, "Wow, this is awsome!!!" I watched it on Youtube and it changed my life. :lol:

let's give it up to FMA (Full Metal Alchemist) for making probably one of the best English dubs ever. Anyone agree?

*EDIT*
sakura has a something othe tha haruno as her last name in the dubbed version
Your thinking of Sakura from Naruto, Prinny's talking about Sakura from card captors. :lol:

Deathmetalmaster said:
Samurai X

BAD DUBBING. just bad. Way better with subtitles. or in just plain japanese :D

No its quite good

I was on about the Sakura from card captor (DGAS if mim a 2 year old that likes this kids anime)

But I bring to the ring Excel saga if you dont know under stand/read jap very fast its bad (Excel needs to shut up rambilng while others are talk plot)
the dubs better

Worst ever, Naruto and DBZ in English. Are the voice actors good? Sure. But they raped those cartoons so badly my eyes and ears hurt. I can only watch Naruto dubbed in Japanese.

sagema said:
Are the voice actors good? Sure.
Are you being serious? :lol: Naruto's voice sounds terrible, Sakura's isn't bad, Sasuke's sucks, the girls are the only ones that sound remotely "okay".

i know if you really wanna watch the anime go to youtube.com and tyoe in naruto episode __

and click on the naruto subbed episodes and if the episode number isover 100 click on anyepisode

Back