When is Neo Geo Comming?

Backwards Man

WiiChat Member
Dec 9, 2006
I read that Neo Geo was comming to the VC....there was no mention at E3, so does anybody know anything about it?

So far Nintendo have only said they'll be out sometime this year. So all those fighting games aren't too far off then.

Personally I'm more excited about the MSX.

My god. No. Why would you ever want this? Nintendo is doing a fine job of releasing bad games on that other shitty console, we don't need another one. They should just focus on putting out decent games on the good consoles. None of this JJ & Jeff ****.

Napalmbrain said:
So far Nintendo have only said they'll be out sometime this year. So all those fighting games aren't too far off then.

Personally I'm more excited about the MSX.

Shame but I just got mugen (and about a hundred charicters 10 are Ryu)

Theres more than fighting games on it -
Metail slug (buy the pack instead)
Neo turf masters - Class golf game

Id say the same size
Knowing Nintendos pricing theyl be the same price as N64 games

The carts are
Even the arcade carts where the size of a video casste

supanova said:
My god. No. Why would you ever want this? Nintendo is doing a fine job of releasing bad games on that other shitty console, we don't need another one. They should just focus on putting out decent games on the good consoles. None of this JJ & Jeff ****.
LMAO your right.

Most Neo Geo games are a lot smaller than N64 games, but larger than SNES games. Most Neo Geo games are not 3d, and that's when game sizes started to sky rocket. FF7 was over 1.8gb(ps1) when it launched. Ogre Battle 64 is 256mb(n64) one of the largest cartridge based game ever made, and Super Mario World(SNES) is over 1mb.

Thats not right. The largest cartidge on N64 can be 512mb which is 64MB. From what I know Resident Evil 2 was the largest game on the system.

Ogre Battle 64 was 320mb which is only 40MB. Thats less than HALF the size of the largest Neo Geo games.

edit: The reason I know this is that it was this very reason Square left Nintendo! The cartridge couldn't go over 64 megabyte and Sqaure said "screw you nintendo, Final Fantasy 7 is for sony now"
Remember how the playstation started out as the SNES CD? Yeah Nintendo fukked themselves twice because the Playstation would have never existed if they would have got their head out of their behind.

Nintendo is retarded but dont take my word for it http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Playstation#History

Last edited:
sagema said:
Most Neo Geo games are a lot smaller than N64 games, but larger than SNES games. Most Neo Geo games are not 3d, and that's when game sizes started to sky rocket. FF7 was over 1.8gb(ps1) when it launched. Ogre Battle 64 is 256mb(n64) one of the largest cartridge based game ever made, and Super Mario World(SNES) is over 1mb.

Games don't need to be 3D to be big. For three examples, Samurai Shodown IV was 378 Mb, Rage of the Dragons was 564 Mb, and Garou: Mark of the Wolves was a whopping (for a cartridge) 688 Mb.

Last edited:
Dont confuse megabit with megabyte. Divide the numbers you posted by 8.
As noted in the second post of this thread the largest a Neo Geo game can be is only 90MByte with bank switching (most are under 40)

Back