When is Neo Geo Comming?

braschlosa said:
Dont confuse megabit with megabyte. Divide the numbers you posted by 8.
As noted in the second post of this thread the largest a Neo Geo game can be is only 90MByte with bank switching (most are under 40)

You used megabits, so did I. They're still bigger anyway- e.g. Ogre Battle 64 had 320 Mb (40 MB), Mark of the Wolves had 688 Mb (86 MB).

:lol: Yeah we are both right and agree. Neo Geo games can be and usually are bigger than N64 games.

Napalmbrain said:
So far Nintendo have only said they'll be out sometime this year. So all those fighting games aren't too far off then.

Personally I'm more excited about the MSX.

What is so great about MSX? Other than the fact they released the Metal Gear series and one version of Snatcher, I can't see why the games for that system seem any good.

supanova said:
My god. No. Why would you ever want this? Nintendo is doing a fine job of releasing bad games on that other shitty console, we don't need another one. They should just focus on putting out decent games on the good consoles. None of this JJ & Jeff ****.

Whaaat? No way dude, the Neo Geo may not have had an extensive library, but that doesn't mean the games were as you say, "shitty".

LesDusti said:
What is so great about MSX? Other than the fact they released the Metal Gear series and one version of Snatcher, I can't see why the games for that system seem any good.

You got me there, they're almost the only games I want from it. I'm also interested in a Zelda-esque game called Golvellius.

Neo Geo had some great games on it. Goal goal goal, Tecmo world soccer, neo geo had the best version of super baseball 2020, Nam 1975, Neo turf Masters, Spin Masters, and Windjammers are all fantastic games. Much better than anything MSX, or turbografx had to offer.

Jacksons2 said:
Neo Geo had some great games on it. Goal goal goal, Tecmo world soccer, neo geo had the best version of super baseball 2020, Nam 1975, Neo turf Masters, Spin Masters, and Windjammers are all fantastic games. Much better than anything MSX, or turbografx had to offer.

I hear ya, I really liked some of the original games on NeoGeo games such as one of my personal favorites "Nightmare in the Dark", also one game I can't quite remember but its a 3rd person slice and dice game where you're a knight and have to go through all these monsters. And yeah, Turbografx really isn't intresting to me.

*EDIT: AH! I remember the name of the game. It was Crossed Swords!

Last edited:
As far as pricing goes I've heard talk that it'll be more than SNES but less than n64....so my deductive reasoning leads me to thinking they'll be 9 dollars. Also I keep hearing "mid-summer" as the release, which is why I brought up this topic in a recent post. I don't really see how they can keep saying midsummer in late July, but hopefully release hasn't been delayed. Boy i want Super Baseball 2020

Well, it's really not the middle of summer yet, but yeah, where's the Neo Geo and MSX games? By the way, I reckon Neo Geo games will cost the same, if not more than N64 games.

Napalmbrain said:
Well, it's really not the middle of summer yet, but yeah, where's the Neo Geo and MSX games? By the way, I reckon Neo Geo games will cost the same, if not more than N64 games.

I really hope SNK doesn't pull that off, but they just might. Original Neo Geo MVS/AES cartridges where 500 $ PER CARTRIDGE when they were first released. So theres still a chance they might pull of that b/s.

I said one of the largest. Ogre battle was one of the largest. Geesh.

The Neo Geo roms I've downloaded weren't that big. Check out Kaillera. Incase you haven't noticed they have been porting us VC games at smaller sizes. Either way you are right that we need SD cards to play some Neo Geo games. Most games in general only use a fraction of the size limit.

However the question of will they top n64 prices, was "they'll just be a little more than snes," which implies they won't be higher than n64, and most likely less

Back