when is the opera browser goin to be ready

it comes out whenver it comes out... honestly i want forecast channel done... lol

i'd want internet more then the wether i can check that any where and if there was a internet cannle u coud check there :eek: right now i just wan a wii i'm in ontario and i cna't get onen o where

Ahem

Main article: Wii Browser

Similar to its use as the Nintendo DS Browser, the Opera web browser will be available for download for free (until June 2007, then it will cost a fee, this fee is yet uncomfirmed) via the Wii Shop Channel. The browser will support JavaScript and Flash. In addition to functioning as a web browser, Opera on the Wii will serve as a layout engine to be used for web-based applications.[3] Opera has announced that it will have this as a free download for all Wii users until June 2007. However, it is currently unavailable for download, instead listed as 'coming soon.' It has been confirmed that the Internet Channel will launch on December 23 in Europe.

From wikipedia

Opera and Nintendo announced their partnership to deliver the full Opera browser for the Nintendo DS on February 15, 2006. The Nintendo DS browser is scheduled for release in Japan this summer. Nintendo has not yet announced its global launch plans for this product.

that was pulled straight from the Opera site, I havent found anything on the Wii yet
http://www.opera.com/pressreleases/en/2006/05/10/

According to the site GoNintendo.com, Nintendo Sweden on December 6, 2006 confirmed a release date for the Opera Browser in Europe. According to the site, Nintendo is slated to release the browser on December 23, but no news has yet been confirmed about the release of the Opera Browser in other regions, or pricing.

^^^Wiki.... guess no plans yet

Last edited:
Back