When playing GC games...

FF4Paladin

WiiChat Member
Oct 26, 2007
When playing GC games on the Wii, is there anyway to get back to the main menu without ejecting the disc and resetting the system. I'm only a 1-day owner so far and that's how I've been stopping GC play. I tried to use the remote, and it acts like it isn't 'synced' to my system when a GC game is running. Any help would be nice.

I believe the system enters "Gamecube mode" which is hardware, not software(I'd heard something about the Wii having GC hardware on board for BC, don't quote me on that though, I'm not really sure- anyone clarify this point?), so yes, you'll have to reset as the hardware isn't picking up the remote anymore.

Yeah, some how it doesn't respond to the wii remote when u point it on the screen. I guess all u can do is turn it off. because when i reset it, it just plays the GC game again.

Thanks for the help people, looks like I'm stuck ejecting my game and resetting the console everytime I play a GC game. Or I'll just keep my GC around for GC games, I would guess it's hard on the system to keep resetting it all the time.

FF4Paladin said:
Thanks for the help people, looks like I'm stuck ejecting my game and resetting the console everytime I play a GC game. Or I'll just keep my GC around for GC games, I would guess it's hard on the system to keep resetting it all the time.
you don't have to eject it.

you don't have to eject it.

I know, I'd rather eject and reset the system than turn it off completely and then turn it back on. Just my personal preference of doing it.

It does this for Nintendo's benefit. It is a safety precaution to help prevent hackers from exploiting homebrew while in Gamecube mode.

Back