When will the shortage be over?

i eat nintendo wiis

WiiChat Member
Sep 16, 2006
Hey, just curious when the shortage is expected to be over...you know, when I can just walk into a store and buy a Wii. Any ideas?

As always, thanks!

That depends: if you mean when pretty much every retailer will have them almost all of the time: probably Valentine's day. There's the Christmas rush, then there's the Christmas money to spend on a Wii rush. Then there'll be the "I'll just be there right after opening" and they'll sell out over the course of a day or so.

mothershipconnection said:
That depends: if you mean when pretty much every retailer will have them almost all of the time: probably Valentine's day. There's the Christmas rush, then there's the Christmas money to spend on a Wii rush. Then there'll be the "I'll just be there right after opening" and they'll sell out over the course of a day or so.
Yep, that's my guess too. Mid/Late February 07. But that's assuming current demand, interest, and supply. Depending upon when Opera is released and how good it is, I can see older non-gamers buying a Wii simply as an internet terminal. Virtual Console titles can also affect demand.

after new year i would imagine.

I wouldn't mind if I could actually order one online (no not ebay!). I would have nooo problems waiting for one if they told me they would ship them on day X.

No one here in Canada will take my money. There is no lists either. Camping or just dumb luck seems to be the only way.

Back