Where are all the online FPSes?

linuxghost

WiiChat Member
Mar 20, 2008
Chicago.
In my eyes, a really GOOD FPS with GOOD online support would absolutely take off on the Wii.

I've had a dozen times more fun playing Resident Evil 4 on the Wii than I did on the Gamecube simply because the shooting is so well done and so much fun.....

It seems like the Wii would be a natural fit for a boatload of FPSes... So where are they?! Are any coming out this year?

:scared: ... Don't really know because developers are still focused on thinking that the Wii is a party game/ ports of PS2 games/money maker. When they realize that it can also run FPS we will see one. Hopefully that soons.

Medal Of Honour Heroes 2 boats 32 player online, and its pretty damn good aswell. But one isnt enough. Not even close.

But Redsteel2 is coming, and apparently is much better than the first redsteel, and it will have online too :)

I also remember hearing about a few other online FPS' coming this year. Dont worry, they are on their way :D Just wish we had more.

For sure MOH:H2 is one of the best "controll wise" FPS I have ever played, and that is all do to the motion and point click of the Wii-mote. Twist your wrist to zoom in on the scope, throw a grenade based on how hard you whip the wii-mote, shoot like a real person would aiming at a target... not just using a joystick.

The graphics themself in the game are not great. Would be low grade even for last gen I would say. Probably why it's not hugely popular, still a great game with the 32 player online!

Yeah Valve and Free radical really should develop a fp3 for the Wii they could make a killing no pun intended lol

I see your point of view though 2008 is kinda looking shitty for the Wii i'm not a Mario Kart or Smash Bros fan.

Hopefully some good announcements will happen at E3 but I have my heart set on a PS3 in a years time soley for FF13 and Resi evil 5 I will keep my Wii as a secondary console though.

I think devs are forgetting that Wii has 30% more RAM and 30% more processing power than the original Xbox.

Wii can run anything Xbox could so there should be good FPS for Wii.

I am sure some devs will realize this.

ya mohh2 is awesome but more are needed. i dont see anything elsw beside redsteel2 coming our way.

I wish metroid had been online play....Still, mohh is a good online game and will do for now. Has anyone heard news of voice-chat on the wii though? Thats definetly needed IMO...

nicksufc said:
I wish metroid had been online play....Still, mohh is a good online game and will do for now. Has anyone heard news of voice-chat on the wii though? Thats definetly needed IMO...
The only reason it does not is because of all the stupid Nintendo fans and reviewers who bashed Echoes saying "Metroid is single-player, it does not need this silly mode to compete with Halo".

All those idiots caused Retro to yank multiplayer from Corruption.

Effin' idiots! I love Metroid single-player, but the multiplayer was very fun in Echoes.

Abes16 said:
what about rainbow six Vegas 2 isn't that coming out on wii?

I think it's currently only on the PC, 360, and PS3.

Aren't they working on a modified UE3 for use with the Wii? I thought I remember reading that somewhere. If they did, they could port it over since Rainbow Six uses UE3, and I'd assume they would only have to do some minor stuff to get it to run on the modified engine.

I really don't have high hopes for red steel 2 the first one was underable so unbearable that I threw the disc out my bedroom window how can a game so **** grace my console :lol: Ninjabread man also met the same fate.

Sod Mario Kart , Sod Smash brothers give me a decent FPS with online already

Yeah, the graphics bit does irk me a bit too..... Obviously from games like Galaxy and Brawl we can see that the Wii does have the capacity to produce REALLY good-looking games. A lot of third-party games look really ****ing terrible, though. Wonder why this is.

I'll agree that the release list I've seen for this year looks less than impressive. Hope that changes.

Back