Where did Nintendo go??

Wycky

WiiChat Member
Nov 13, 2006
Australia
yesterday i played the wii for the first time at a promo stand in westfields, was awsome and i can't wait till the 7th!
but one thing i notice at the stand (apart from the promo chiks;) ) was there was not one nintendo logo anywhere it was just Wii, and the people who didn't know what a wii was are asking "who made it ??" " oh is this the new sony?" i wanted to hit that guy with the wiimote!
Just thought it was weird no sign of Nintendo.

And just to mention the wii is doing what nintendo said attracting non gamers, there was alot of older people giving it a go and they loved it, and when they asked how much, they were like wow is that all. and quiet a few people went straight to toys are us to pre order.
But the best part was
this guy was playing with his younger son and they were both enjoying it, then the dad said to his son "why don't we get this instead of this instead of the PS3?" and the son said "Yes".it brought a tear to my eye, i think to the dads to because of all the money he is saving.

About the older games thing,

My mum is looking forward to a racing game, as I am sure you remember you mum and dad tilting the controller slightly when on a racing game ;)

Silent-Sniper said:
About the older games thing,

My mum is looking forward to a racing game, as I am sure you remember you mum and dad tilting the controller slightly when on a racing game ;)

Yes i do, i always laugh, im like "it doesn't help"
Last night i was playing Mario Kart with my girlfriend, and she was all over the place, left right left right. i said "your gonna love the wii"

You get really into NFS when you play it with the Wiimote tilted horizontally. Steering takes a few minutes to get used to but afterwards it's entirely fun.

It says Nintendo on the Wii. You'd notice "ATI" first. Nintendo is on the top rear corner of the right side of the Wii when standing up, or... the top rear left corner on the top of the Wii sitting horizontally. It's not too noticable, but it is there!

I'm glad they went for the Wii over PS3. :sad: :lol: ;)

I think (in relation to the topic) that since the Wii is just called the Wii not the Nintendo Wii they try to keep there display simple not over crowded with logos and what not and also when the Nintendo symbol is on something related to the Wii then it is usually grey which blends into the white which makes hard to notice at a quick glance unlike the normal red Nintendo logo

I love the story.. Its just.. How are they gonna get more Wiis for thoughs familys who want them... I doubt the boy and his father will be able to get one... Its sad cause now they probly wont have a Wii to enjoy eachother with..

He is talking about in Australia, In Australia they shops have guaranteed that all pre-orders will be filled

Accutally (regarding to the topic) there IS a nintendo sign if u see the side (wii cd slot facing left) on the top right corner it says nintendo oh and gr8 story:cryin: :thumbsup:

Jayr0d13 said:
Accutally (regarding to the topic) there IS a nintendo sign if u see the side (wii cd slot facing left) on the top right corner it says nintendo oh and gr8 story:cryin: :thumbsup:
I'm not talking about on the Wii it self. Im talking about the whole stand. They had this small area fenced off with 4 Wii's to play but there where no Nintendo signs up anywhere Just Wii.
The promo chicks were dressed all in black execpt for one that had a "wii want to play shirt" . I asked if i could buy one and she said no, i asked for hers and got this not so nice look, but yeah no "Nintendo" anywhere in site

Back