Where do I start ?

brian7836

WiiChat Member
Jul 1, 2009
My wife and I are active seniors looking to try the Wii. To get started should we consider buying any extra controllers, games or accessories ? or is it best to start with the basic package and try it ?

Well, get the best deal you can. Perhaps shop around, not sure where you are but in Australia going price for wiis are $388 with another analog controller and wii controller. I say just go for wii sports at the moment as games aren't that expensive and you can just buy them as you want as the ones in the packages are there for a reason (low market values).

well if you're BOTH interested in getting it and trying it out, then you'll definitely want to get the extra controller. but beyond that, just try out the basic package first and see if you like it, then buy more crap if you do.

[ame]http://www.amazon.com/Wii-Nintendo/dp/B0009VXBAQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1246630777&sr=8-1[/ame] its a link to a Wii :)

well you shood try it first because it comes with wii sports then get a extra controller and onother good game like raymen raving rabidds:)

Last edited:
Hi Brian. The Wii console comes with one Wii remote and one nunchuk so that's good for one player. You'll want to buy a second Wii remote and nunchuk for your wife. Other than that, I'd say just try the included Wii Sports and see how you like it. You'll have a good idea if you'll want more games after playing that for awhile. Let us know if you want more suggestions later.

As people have said you'll wanna get the basic package (Wii with one remote and one nunchuk - $250). You'll definitely want another remote ($40) to play together. If you want to box each other you'll also need another nunchuk ($20). Beyond that I'd recommend some rechargable batteries to start out with or a charging station, either works and is personal preference. I like batteries cause I can use them in other things too.

If you really wanna start out with another game I'd recommend Mario Kart. If you're looking for something more active Rayman Raving Rabbids or WarioWare Smooth Moves might interest you. The last two are hit or miss though so you might be better off renting them before making a purchase. If you'd like something for fitness I'd recommend EA Sports Active as it allows two people to work out together.

When purchasing games if you look on the back of the game case it'll show in the top right corner what accessories the game supports. This way you'll know how many people can play together and whether you need a nunchuk or not.

Last edited:
Back