Where Is The 3rd Party Love?

Marc said:
EA are backing the Wii in a big way.

Ahhhhh EA
The company that was once good (about 10 years ago)

Bliss said:
anyone can come in here an back the WII up but NO ONE will do a good job, the only thing the wii is gonna be good for is and i really hate to say this but "kiddie" games...yes the game play in itself it wonderful, but u will never see a game like Gears of War or Halo or Socom, or anything of that nature on a Wii...it just doesnt have the power.
Thats bull. It has the power. you dont need graphics to make a great shooter on wii. the controller should be incentive enough to really dig deep to make it work, but devs only want money, which they can make with some dumb arse mini game collection. saying the wii is a gamecube is the most ridiculous thing i've ever heard especially when crafting shooters. nothing has had this potential accuracy and immersiveness and devs wanna instead create crap like carnival games 2 and ports of freakin flash games. really shows you the ethics in the game industry.

dude im not tryin to argue just stating the TRUTH...here is wat Miyamoto has said himself

The hardware is basically a GC. We've upgraded our development tools to new versions but, you can still use GC programs as they are. With that in mind, I thought we could remake GC titles for the Wii and modify them to work with the Wii remote so that they're more fun to play.
Not only that, Miyamoto thinks Wii-makes won't command full price as its easy to find the original GameCube titles second hand. Though, fret not, Miyamoto notes that the Wii does have better graphic capabilities than the GameCube, and there will be eye candy games for the Wii. So, it's the GameCube, but better. What's wrong with that? Brian Ashcraft

Miyamoto Talks [GameBrink]

Bliss said:
dude im not tryin to argue just stating the TRUTH...here is wat Miyamoto has said himself

1. Your sources are unreliable.
2. Wii can't handle Socom? Just like the PS2 couldn't handle Socom?
3. The official specs of the Wii have NEVER been released fully. You just don't know.
4. 3rd parties who classify Wii as a fad are also the ones who say Resident Evil 4 sold just because it was made by Capcom.

Look, the way I see it, if the Wii could play Resident Evil 4 on one disc, and the Gamecube needed 2 disc, the Wii must be somewhat more powerful. That and the 60 frames games.

Jeese, why do all my threads turn into arguments over the Wii's power?

Okay, Bliss. I understand. But all I'm saying is why would you jump ship when we're so far from the dock?

The Wii has been out for one year. It JUST had it's first birthday, and we already have triple A titles.

And there's a lot planned for next year as well. A lot planned for next year, and it's still 2007. They won't announce EVERYTHING for 2008 in 2007.

And I think 3rd parties will start to learn. Ubisoft claims that they will have Nintendo-like quality next year. And I believe them. Why? Because they seems to understand what everyone else is doing wrong.

Capcom doesn't seem like they'll be dropping the ball anytime soon, and the amount of ORIGINAL products are great.

I don't want to play Halo 10 or Final Fantasy 42 on the Wii. I want to play original titles fresh out of some creator's mind.

So you know what, everyone who feels like jumping off the boat right now can go ahead. I see a bright future for the Wii.

well Atomic im not arguing, just debating on how i feel the direction the Wii is heading.
reason for me to jump ship (never sell my systems hold them till i die) is im am just bored of controling lil cute fuzzy animals around a board that looks the same in every game.
now i agree with u there are a FEW decent titles coming out but i dont see much after that...why continue to play a mario game or a metroid game, granted they are great series but come on i can only take som much of getting my pipes cleaned by the plumber :lol: ..but anyway i do hope the wii does well.

Well you also have to think about the development cycle for a quality game.

Then you have to add the number of months it took most publishers to realize the Wii was a hit.

You could guesstimate on those criteria an 18-24 month time frame for a good third party game to hit the shelves or get announced.

Considering the number of consoles sold to date, I would expect that the numbers are too big for any publisher to ignore.

Given all that, I think it is a bit premature to sound the death knell for the Wii.

Not to mention the fact that we have yet to see the full potential of the motion controls utilized.

Nice article for the most part, I would have ended it with a sentence like this " and don't forget, there are still way more third party games coming out in 2008 such as monster hunter 3, worms and final fantasy crystal chronicles: the crystal bearers"

As I mentioned earlier in this thread, if there are any good 3rd party games coming out for the Wii, I wouldn't expect them until a year from now.

You can see the right now how many of the 3rd party publishers started to develop games for the PS3 because they were thinking it was going to be a hit like PS2. That's why 75% of the games coming out right now are PS3 games.

With the global Wii sales, there is no way these publishers can ignore the potential $$$ out there in the Wii market. Games will come, it will just take a while for the publishers to actually get these games out.

brigipson said:
hey largdarry you have a wii right could i add you to my wii list

go nuts, but i don't know what any of my wii contact info is. I borrowed my Wii to my brother for a while, and I just got back today, just in time for my wife to wrap up galaxy for me :crazy: .

I'll get my wii info added to this forum sometime this week.

PS. I can't believe I couldn't spell my username correctly. I'm only largedarryl on 10 other forums, but I couldn't get this one right.

Theres loads of third party shite on the wii
But like the last sentance says "shite" as in not to good

The Wii has a load of shovelware on it and more to come. The PS2 had a load of shovelware too but it didnt really do it any harm, in fact it made it look more impressive just because there were hundreds of PS2 games on the shelves compared to other systems. The Wii has cheap development costs (compared to 360 or PS3) so small developers can churn out more stuff on the Wii, most of it will be rubbish but there is always a chance of a gaming gem appearing or a decent new development team rising out of those humble beginnings. Its a good platform for people trying to break into the industry and it'll be even better when Wii Ware is out.

For the big third party developers its time to step up and put some real effort into their Wii titles as they can longer expect to get by with rushed games or shabby ports. Capcom certainly seems to be doing that already with original games and budget priced ports of their good games. EA has been very supportive to the Wii as well although their efforts are a bit of a mixed bag as usual. Ubisoft has thrown out a load of games but really needs more quality. Still for a console that was such a suprise success, the first year of third party Wii games hasnt been too bad.

The Wii seems like it has a great future, next year i will be buying Wii-Fit, SSBB and Mario Kart for sure. I hope there will be more must have third party titles to stretch my bank balance even further too, as some of the titles announced so far look very interesting.

Theres quite a bit of third party love already on my christmas list though, in fact its all third party. MOH:Heroes 2, Trauma Center:New Blood, Lego Star Wars, Zack & Wiki, Mario & Sonic and maybe Guitar Hero 3. Should be a very merry christmas. :yesnod:

Back