Where the Wii's Are - I really would like to know

Chewie

}GHS{Chewie
Jan 17, 2007
South of Seattle
So here it is. Two days left in the month of February... I go online to places like ps3seeker.com/wii and itrackr.com as well as various US retailers online sites and nobody has the Wii console package available for immediate purchase/pickup.

Is it just me, maybe my geographic banishment to the Pacific Northwest of the United States (albeit less than ten miles from Nintendo's US home base), but why is the Wii seemingly impossible to find after nearly four months?

Somebody at a Gamestop awhile back told me that the Xbox360 was impossible to find in stores until nearly March/April of last year, some 5-6 months after its initial launch. If that were true, then the Wii has some weeks to go still.

I guess what I am looking for are comments/thoughts on why the scarcity persists.

-Chewie

well, it's obvious, it's because it's a revolutionary console for all and everyone who doesn't have it want it, and plus the price is low and very fit

There is supposedly a shipment coming to Target this Sunday, March 4. I read about it in another forum where sombody posts all the verbage from the upcoming Target, Circuit City and Best Buy ads.

I forgot to mention, I was fortunate enough to get my hands on one back during the first week in January. I have merely been tracking the availability in an effort to help keep others, no so fortunate, informed.

-Chewie

For real a shipment coming to Target, March 4! That's 5 days before my birthday!

I chatted with the sales lady at K-Mart and she put my name down for whenever they got their next shimpent. 2 days later, I got a call my Wii was in ^-^;

Of course, it was defective, and I had to have Nintendo replace it. But that's beside the point.

Aparantly Nintendo still has plenty in stock to do warranty replacements. Got mine in 2 business days. Just wonder why they don't have the stock in stores yet. Could be holding them back just to keep demand high.

Back