Where to live in the States?

Brawny said:
Clearly you assumed that you DID know about it when you said " there is a difference between college and university."

Could have worded it: "never actually understood why you call it that. Is there a difference between college and university?"

yeah i guess. my bad.:lol:

Tails McCloud~ said:
The further east in the US, the better. Gas is expensive here.
Oh, I would also learn how to drive here. I'm sure no-one will be happy with you driving on the opposite side of the road.
I will express pride in my heritage by driving on the left side of the road in America while drinking tea and eating crumpets. :yesnod:

It's called being patriotic :lol:

Driving on the left side of the road here...
THAT'S called being suicidal

EDIT: I love tea

A college is for a specific field of study - A University is a collection of Colleges - example:

The College of Business at the University of Florida

Which is why I didn't say they were the EXACT same thing.

But in the vernacular, they're interchangeable.

Edit @ Samus, if you do it fast enough, it doesn't say it on the bottom...duh.

Depends. Up North they get lot's of snow, down here we haven't had snow in 3 years. Down here it's never very cold, up there I'd probably be an icicle. (65 degrees Fahrenheit in summer!?). Then again this is coming from a south Texan.

I did. If you edit within the minute you posted the message, you wont get the (last edited by "so and so" message) at the bottom of your sig.
Why are you concerned?
[/OFFTOPIC]

Samus101 said:
Sorry, I didn't know. I'm not a nerd unlike someone. :sick:
Everyone who has used WiiChat for more than a day knows this :lol:

FRuMMaGe said:
On a serious note, I was told to avoid Texas. I have heard that a great place to go is California.

I have lived in Orange County most of my life and don't see myself ever leaving. I've been to Houston and Dallas in Texas..Houston is very hot and humid and Dallas is just plain hot as hell in the summer and cold in the winter.

Back to SoCal:

You want the beach?? 15 minutes away
You want some snow & mountains? 1 hour away
You want desert? 1 hour away
Colleges? Plenty of those here

Can't beat the weather here. It the middle of 'winter' here and I'm wearing shorts.

The one drawback to L.A./Orange county is traffic. If you're going the same way as everyone else during rush hour, it can be slow and frustrating. So if you move here, make sure you live close to school/work and it's not that bad.

Any other questions, just ask..

Puckfiend said:
I have lived in Orange County most of my life and don't see myself ever leaving. I've been to Houston and Dallas in Texas..Houston is very hot and humid and Dallas is just plain hot as hell in the summer and cold in the winter.

Back to SoCal:

You want the beach?? 15 minutes away
You want some snow & mountains? 1 hour away
You want desert? 1 hour away
Colleges? Plenty of those here

Can't beat the weather here. It the middle of 'winter' here and I'm wearing shorts.

The one drawback to L.A./Orange county is traffic. If you're going the same way as everyone else during rush hour, it can be slow and frustrating. So if you move here, make sure you live close to school/work and it's not that bad.

Any other questions, just ask..
+ you might get your own reality tv show!

xD

Back