where to put the sensor balk?

wouty55

WiiChat Member
Jan 17, 2007
hello i'm a boy from belgium , and over a month i'm going to buy a nintendo wii becous i don't got enouf money yet.
so i'm making me worried about where to put the sensor balk .we have a tv whit screen whide : 106 cm (a plasma flat screen tv), so where do i bast set up the sensor balk : on the tv , or just under the tv , or before the tv , what is the best spot do you think?? :crazy:

I think it really depends on where you have your TV... if your TV is at eye level when you're standing then I'd say under the TV... if it's below eye level then above the TV.

You can place the sensor bar either above the screen or below the screen. There's an option in the Wii configuration where you can tell it where the sensor bar is.

i have a TV eye level, but if i put the sensor bar under the TV on the ground it will be 2 ft 4 in . below tv :( i will try and find picture of it...

i think he's asking which is the best, but i guess you'd be able to test it yourself when you got a wii.

wouty55 said:
hello i'm a boy from belgium , and over a month i'm going to buy a nintendo wii becous i don't got enouf money yet.
so i'm making me worried about where to put the sensor balk .we have a tv whit screen whide : 106 cm (a plasma flat screen tv), so where do i bast set up the sensor balk : on the tv , or just under the tv , or before the tv , what is the best spot do you think?? :crazy:

translation:

Hey guys i'm from Belgium and in about a month i will be getting a Nintendo Wii. I currently cannot afford it right just yet because i still don't have enough money. On the flipside, I do have a question/concern... With the sensor bar, where would it be best to position it? I have a plasma flat screen that is approximately 106CM wide (42 inches). Would it be best to put it on top or bottom? What is your opinion?

hope that helps for anyone reading

btw: it depends on how high your plasma is sitting

I used some double sided tape to secure the sensor bar to the TV.

DO NOT put your sensor bar more than an inch away from the TV... you'll get horrible results.

Tri said:
I used some double sided tape to secure the sensor bar to the TV.

DO NOT put your sensor bar more than an inch away from the TV... you'll get horrible results.

doesn't it come with double stick tape or velcro already?

intekmdma said:
doesn't it come with double stick tape or velcro already?

Yes, it comes with some sticky tape at the bottom of the sensor bar. I didn't use the provided tape because I had some other tape on hand and also I was planing on getting a new TV soon.

Tri said:
Yes, it comes with some sticky tape at the bottom of the sensor bar. I didn't use the provided tape because I had some other tape on hand and also I was planing on getting a new TV soon.

ah i c. nice. Good insight for the future

hi belguim guy! im gettin me wii tommorw and im puttin my bar on top of my tv.P.S ive got a tv nearly the eggzact same size (42") so try it there.hope i helped!!!:cornut:

thx for the tape thingy idea, i have somewhere on my tv the valcroe (sp?) will undoubtedly stick! woo!

You want to put the bar as close to the actual screen as possible so this really depends on your setup. My TV (42" plasma) has a rather thin bezel but sits on a stand so i can get it closest to the screen by putting it on top. I can't imagine many situations where putting it under the TV would get it closer but I'm sure there are some...

Back