Where to sell a Wii

POLOCK

WiiChat Member
Dec 26, 2006
I stood in line for 4 hours so my daughter would have a Wii for Christmas and now she says she wants an Xbox360 instead?!? :incazzato: She says it is hard for her to get use to the controller on the Wii. Is ebay the best option to sell the Wii or craigslist or what. I wanted to get enough for it to get her the premium 360, an extra controller, and a couple of games without spending anymore money. If anyone is interested here email me at [email protected] We have the Wii, 2 remotes and numchucks, all original packaging and wires, Wii Sports and maybe Tony Hawk Downhill (might take that back to Target). I like it but since it is "her" present I will get her what she wants!!:rolleyes:

If you still have the receipt why not return it to the store?

Wii is $250, 360 is $399! I figured with the demand so high for the Wii I could get more so I would not have to spend any money out of pocket on the 360. I am not one of the kooks that bought 4 Wii's just to make money off of it on ebay but if someone is willing to pay more then I will take it!!:smilewinkgrin:

im againts all selling to make money, cuz basicly, you just take a toy (console) away from someone else who wants it and worked hard for there 250 and can't afford 500$ for a 250$ console. But thats just me.

Thats how i feel. But then again, if you stood in line, do what you want with it, lol...right?

Ebay is your best bet, and hurry cuz i can start finding Wii's around here a bit easier now, shipments comming every second day....

Yeah I would not be selling it but my daughter (who I got it for) just doesn't like it. Since we got her so much other crap for Xmas I don't want to fork out anymore money to get the 360. I think with everything we have for it I should be able to sell it and get her the 360 and if it makes more then what I paid I will donate the rest to charity.......the Polock had to wait in line for 4 hours charity so he is buying a game for himself:cornut:

I rented the Ultimate Alliance thinking if she played something besides bowling she would like it but she did not. I actually really liked that game except I looked like a kook jumping around the living room like a kid!!

shoulda got her raving rabbids..... anyways I would love to take it off your hands but i am not willing to pay a premium for it. :/ ebay will pay more than it is worth.

i'd suggest u stop spoiling ur daughter and tell her that she gets what she is given. when i was a kid i would appreciate all presents my parents gave me and I would NEVER ask them to return/replace things, even if i didn't like it.
Just my opinion, dont mean to sound like I am trying to tell u how to raise ur kids :D

WolfpacSnakepit said:
i'd suggest u stop spoiling ur daughter and tell her that she gets what she is given. when i was a kid i would appreciate all presents my parents gave me and I would NEVER ask them to return/replace things, even if i didn't like it.
Just my opinion, dont mean to sound like I am trying to tell u how to raise ur kids :D

Ain't that the truth! First of all, you let her tell you she wants a 360 instead of a Wii and you're just sellin' it to buy her one. WTF. That's a nono :nono: . Just take the Wii back and don't give her ****. Quit being a punk to your kids. She owns you, man. Just snatch it from her and play it your damn self or take it back/sell it on Ebay. I'm not trying to be mean, but daaaaammit, man.

try ebay but you will have a lot of others selling wiis, best bet try to post in local classifieds.

Fatty Mac said:
Ain't that the truth! First of all, you let her tell you she wants a 360 instead of a Wii and you're just sellin' it to buy her one. WTF. That's a nono :nono: . Just take the Wii back and don't give her ****. Quit being a punk to your kids. She owns you, man. Just snatch it from her and play it your damn self or take it back/sell it on Ebay. I'm not trying to be mean, but daaaaammit, man.

Actually she had a really tough year! She is my stepdaughter and her real father died this year from a motorcycle accident 2 weeks before her birthday! She is only 12 and taking it really bad! She saw the commercials for the Wii and said that is what she wanted so I went out for 3 weeks trying to find her one and finally got it after sitting in line fore 4 hours. Once she played it she did not like it and played a 360 and liked it better. When you guys ever have kids you will do anything for them. It has been hard for her this year and she would have gotten anything she asked for. You don't know how it feels when you are putting up a christmas tree (which is supposed to be a happy time) and your daughter is crying her eyes out.
It is heading to ebay tonight!

I understand where you are coming from, but I really think she should give the wii a chance, in a few weeks it sounds like you will be selling the 360 as well. What the wii is for is bring families together.

You could sell on ebay but here in the UK you could only just afford the premium xbox if you got one of the best deals. Not always the case.

Plus if your daughters 12 then i doubt she will like most of the mature games for an xbox 360 and the interface is not as easy to understand as the wii's simple version.

POLOCK said:
Actually she had a really tough year! She is my stepdaughter and her real father died this year from a motorcycle accident 2 weeks before her birthday! She is only 12 and taking it really bad! She saw the commercials for the Wii and said that is what she wanted so I went out for 3 weeks trying to find her one and finally got it after sitting in line fore 4 hours. Once she played it she did not like it and played a 360 and liked it better. When you guys ever have kids you will do anything for them. It has been hard for her this year and she would have gotten anything she asked for. You don't know how it feels when you are putting up a christmas tree (which is supposed to be a happy time) and your daughter is crying her eyes out.
It is heading to ebay tonight!

Polock, I understand where you're coming from, but you may want to reconsider the 360 for a child her age. Have you taken her to a gaming store to talk with the experts? Maybe she can get more information on the 360 so she just isn't wanting it because her friends have it or because she is being told by others that it's a killer system with the best graphics ever. It sounds to me she's confused and needs some light shed on the issue, so let her talk to some gaming experts and see what they suggest. Honestly, the Wii is probably her best bet, especially considering the games coming out in March, Mario Party 8 included. Not only that, have you downloaded some games or bought her some Gamecube games she probably never tried while she had the Gamecube? Has she even ever owned the Gamecube? If not, then she definitely has some options for games.

Don't listen to anyone saying "spoiling" or "she owns you" crap. I'm not sure if they have kids, but apparently they just don't understand... I lost my first-born son in '03, so spoil that girl like there's no tomorrow. Sell the Wii and get the 360, even if she does not want it after playing it for a week or so, oh well, you did what you had to do as a parent and it'll be worth it. Sometimes people take things for granted... I think you're doing exactly what you need to do, don't back down from it, just evaluate your options and help her understand there isn't always need for 'better graphics' or 'more memory' or 'Halo'... the Wii is a killer system and I think she'd have more fun with it over the years as opposed to the 360's Mature lineup of games. It all comes down to you, so don't stop doing exactly what you are doing.

Back