Which Controlers will you be using for Brawl?

The Wavebird has no rumble and not many a complaining. I've been using the Classic Controller for Tenkaichi 2 perfectly, guess I'm just use to the PS2 controller layout (Classic SNES) for fighting games. It makes sense...

Only thing I don't like about the Classic Controller is no grips, but I'm pretty sure after market is gonna look into that very soon...

either way this sucks because smash is going to cost us a lot more money than just the game itself....I don't have 4 of any of the controllers (wiimotes, gc, or classic), and it sucks that I'll have to buy a set of controllers for one specific game.....now some of us are lucky enough to have had gamecube, others arent, but either way, brawl is going to cost us a pretty penny if we want to play with our friends

not me. i have 4 gamecube controllers so im ready to go. all i need is the game.

Shoko said:
not me. i have 4 gamecube controllers so im ready to go. all i need is the game.

like i said, some people have gamecubes as well as controllers....myself, i have a gamecube, but only 2 controllers. I think i'll have to rely on the same system I did with melee, bring your own controllers.

id like to use the mote and chuck, get good at it like that ... hopefully it would but the most thought about scheme

maybe theyd put in a gamecube controller with brawl. that would be cool

Leviathan said:
Classic Controller... as I mentioned elsewhere it has "The Pointless Button Of Doom" in the top middle.

That's not really a button. It moves back little latching edges in those slots on the bottom of the controller. Turn it over and look at those slots when you press that top center button.

I'll definitely try out the wiimote-nunchuk first if it's there. If it turns out to be crappy, back to the gc-controllers. :p Although I highly doubt that they'd f*** it up. ^^

In reference to the last two posts:

Is 'wiimote' trying to make a comback? I thought we killed that term right after the wii got released.

Its a Wii Remote people.

Skippy said:
That's not really a button. It moves back little latching edges in those slots on the bottom of the controller. Turn it over and look at those slots when you press that top center button.

It's a button, and those latching edges do nothing... what can I latch it to?

Apart from fun (I'm easily amused) I have found no purpose to the thing... so like all things I'm not sure what they do I assume it's doom related.

If anybody can tell me what I latch it to I'll be eternally grateful AND rep them. Can't say fairer than that.

EDIT: But Wiimote is so much easier to say, and such a great (horrible) pun. Plus it's quicker to write :p

Last edited:
dosent the classic plug into the wiimote? i dont have one so i dont know

Probably both for me. The GC controller is very comfortable, controlled, and it seems better for a game like Brawl where you have to react fast and such. However, the Wiimote/Nunchuk playability will be really cool and will make the game more interesting.

Shoko said:
dosent the classic plug into the wiimote? i dont have one so i dont know

yeah, it plugs in like the Nunchuck... it's just on the rear of the classic controller there is some latching things and I havn't found anything they latch to.

wiimote i never really got into this game so this is pretty much all new for me

Back