Which editioN of Halo 3 are you getting?

deadlydasher

Halo 3 & CoD4 & RB6V2
May 15, 2007
I preordered the collectors edtion. i love hal my fav game 2nd is GoW except i dont wanna spend my parents money on legendary that doesnt come with anything the standard edtion doesnt. AND IT HAS A METAL CASE! OWNAGE! LOL

Sovieto said:
the Call of Duty 4 edition.

First. Lol, i think COD 4 is my online shooter of choice this holiday season.

2nd of all, im getting the plain, $60 version. No reason to shell out extra cash for an overrated game...

Last edited:
u prolly just a sony fanboy im a wii60 guy like PS3 a fanboy on lall 3..but dont take sides on etheir..but halo 3 isnt overated..nd when does COD4 come out? =p

deadlydasher said:
u prolly just a sony fanboy im a wii60 guy like PS3 a fanboy on lall 3..but dont take sides on etheir..but halo 3 isnt overated..nd when does COD4 come out? =p
ha how would he be a sony fanboy, he owns a 360 and IS buying halo 3, just because you think something is overrated dosent mean you dont like it, and November 5th.

o **** that soon but im trying to say he likes it but likes ony online more so if halo 3 comes out he'll prolly be playing more XLive then PSonline

I'll be purchasing the plain addition as well.

Limited edition for me.
Didn't feel like shelling out $130 for some extra stuff i'll never use.
I'm a reasonable Halo fan so I just went with the limited edition.

deadlydasher said:

Yeah...I'm also Wii60. I'll probably get a PS3 when it drops to the same price as the Elite...but I'm pretty good for right now.

Oh, yeah, I can't think of any reason to buy a "Collector's Edition" video game. It just seems unnecessary.

I agree that it's an overrated games. Except for online wich is pretty great.

well, i will probably get the normal version..or maybe just be lucky enough to find a limited edition one at a second hand store like i did with halo 2 :)

deadlydasher said:
but halo 3 isnt overated..

:lol: That game could be pure ecstasy and it would still be overrated. The marketing blitz is probably more than the GDP of some small countries (they aren't just trying to sell one game, they're also breaking ground on marketing the movie, and they're trying to leverage both to sell consoles).

MS is cunning enough that they would happily lose money marketing halo if they had to (I'm sure they won't) given the fringe benefits. Compare that to Nintendo, who wanted a pat on the back for a couple of streaming videos and at least one really nonsensical commercial (anyone want to get together in a massive group and go watch one person play MP3C in an airport? Wee!)

'Course, when I get a 360, H3 is my first buy. Vanilla Edition. I looked at the special sets and saw nothing worth the extra cash (I'm betting I'll see the RvB footage eventually without them). I don't really feel the need to see Halo 3 documentaries or have Master Chief's shrunken head on my mantle (though I do look forward to the youtube series Red v. Blue kitties).

Maybe the $70 but prolly just the reg, the only feature worth while on the 2 more expensive editions is the A/V calibration tool/feature for optimizing on HDTVs that seems kinda cool, but could care less about "the making of" and the other crap included.

bigwilliiy said:
well, i will probably get the normal version..or maybe just be lucky enough to find a limited edition one at a second hand store like i did with halo 2 :)
You probably would be able to find the limited edition pretty easily. It's the legendary edition that is gonna be hard to find.

Back