Which games for a 5 and 7 year old?

s-one

WiiChat Member
Oct 5, 2007
Hi all! New here and new to Wii. Which games can you suggest for two girls ages 5 and 7? I looked at the sticky but saw its for general gaming.

Thanks,
s-one

any wii game.
oooooooooOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooo he went there!!!!!!!!11

lawl jk id say super monkey ball would be fun for them! simple controls and simple/fun minigames!

Welcome to WiiChat
You can call me Icy:cornut:
If you have any ?'s then ask any member here for help

What about
Wario smooth moves
or possibly Mario Party 8

Good Games that you kids might not know
-Super Monkey Ball: Banana Blitz
-Mario Party 8
-Wario Ware: Smooth Moves
EDIT:-Carnival Games

Recognizable By your kids
-Spongebob Squarepants: Creature from the Krusty Krab
-Open Season
-Cars (Disney's/Pixar's Movie)
-Barnyard
-The Ant Bully

Hope i helped!

Last edited:
Mario Party 8 & Wario Ware: Smooth Moves should keep them entertained for abit. Personally i still play wii sports, but thats me.

Depends on how they treat the discs.. .. .. ..

My kids have scratched their PS2 discs so that they are nearly all unplayable. Solution? Virtual Console. You can download at least 4 times as many games for the price so if they don't like them then it is not such a loss, and there are no discs to ruin.

There is a web site somewhere with a review of every game released on the VC so that you can choose a suitable one for them based on their preferences. My 6 year old son loves Paper Mario (and he completed it on his own before I did!!)

My 7 year old daughter has "Rayman Raving Rabbids". She will probably get "Carnival Games" next. "My Sims" and "Wario Smooth Moves" is also on our list.

Wow! Great thank you all for the suggestions. I'm curious, captainff, the Virtual Console is something you play on the Wii? Can you show me a link where I can learn more about this? Thanks

captainff said:
Depends on how they treat the discs.. .. .. ..

My kids have scratched their PS2 discs so that they are nearly all unplayable. Solution? Virtual Console. You can download at least 4 times as many games for the price so if they don't like them then it is not such a loss, and there are no discs to ruin.

There is a web site somewhere with a review of every game released on the VC so that you can choose a suitable one for them based on their preferences. My 6 year old son loves Paper Mario (and he completed it on his own before I did!!)
http://www.vc-reviews.com/ is the site.

@OP: The virtual console is a feature of the Wii that lets you download older NES, SNES, SEGA and N64 games directly to your Wii. No discs! The games cost anywhere between 500 and 1000 points each (~$5-$10USD) and you can either buy 2000 point cards in retail stores for ~$20 or use your credit card on the Wii to purchase points.

You need an active internet connection (WIRELESS) to use it. All you have to do is turn on the Wii, go the Wii Shop Channel and select the games you want.

s-one said:
Wow! Great thank you all for the suggestions. I'm curious, captainff, the Virtual Console is something you play on the Wii? Can you show me a link where I can learn more about this? Thanks

As Nintendo93 says above, the Virtual Console is part of the Wii already. All of the information in that post is correct!

You may have noticed a channel called the shop channel and wondered what it was for? It is for buying the licenses to be able to play a selection of old games on your Wii (you are in effect only renting them for the lifetime of your ownership of that individual machine for a one off payment).

The best place for advice about this is on the official Nintendo Wii website . Probably! The VC games are from older generations so they don't use the motion sensing at all, and the graphics are the original ones (so not as pretty), but there are some proper classics in there that would be accessible to younger players (as well as their parents!).

Good luck in whichever route you decide to take.

s-one, you have to be hooked up to the internet to utilize the virtual console. If you have wireless in your house, it should be easy.

Thank you Nintendo93, Captainff and TacosTacos. Thank you all.

Back