Which games takes advantage of the Wii controls?

Unreqisted

WiiChat Member
Feb 9, 2010
I was a bit Impressed by Johnny Lee's Wii hacks:

[video=youtube;QgKCrGvShZs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QgKCrGvShZs"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QgKCrGvShZs[/video]

Of course, I don't expect this degree of coolness from console games. But still, a lot of Wii-games seems to be created by people with a keyboard-and-mouse approach: In Boom Blox you have to make a throwing motion, but the effect is the same as if you had just clicked a button. And this is actually known as one of the better games for Wii.

So, which games for Wii is putting the various controls to the best use?

Last edited:
Ok well here's what I can think of right now, can probably add more later.

Wii Sports
Wii Sports Resort
Trauma Center Second Opinion
Trauma Center New Blood
The Godfather Blackhand Edition
Zack & Wiki
Metroid Prime Trilogy
Pro Evolution Soccer 2008/2009/2010
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2010
Grand Slam Tennis
Star Wars The Force Unleashed

It's worth noting that a lot of the games that have the best controls on the Wii don't actually use very much in the way of motion controls. The use of the IR pointer is in fact what generally sets the Wii games apart from the HD rivals for me. This seems to have gone straight over both Microsoft's and Sony's (to a lesser extent) heads, as they are basing their new controls mainly around having motions.

Star wars the force unleashed is my #1 use

of course shooting games like call of duty reflex own with the wiimote.

Mariokart wii made steering wheel racing available to Everybody.

Of course Wii sports.

galaxy made some use of it but was a bit meh
godzilla unleashed tried to do stuff but was a bit tiring.
nsmbwii is a tastefull use of motion and decent for as sidescroller.
i enjoyed the whiping and punching motions in indiana jones.

I bought Warioware Smooth Moves yesterday for $5 and that has some great use of the Wiimote. I found it pretty crazy that the motions actually worked better when I did what they told me, like with doing the elephant I could pick the apples easily when holding the Wiimote to my nose but grabbing them with it in my hand was more difficult. Some are a bit dodgy, like the dumbell ones don't make a lot of sense but on the whole it has good controls.

Back