Which Ipod?

evilprofessorzog said:
Don't get an iPoo unless you are looking to pose with it.
There are plenty of other brands that are better,but don't have quite the same street credibility. The Creative Zen V+ is supposed to be pretty good. The only real advantage of the iPoo is the range of accessories available.

And most of those accessories are useless or standard on other players. *cough*radio. I would only get one for running and the nike thingy.

Brawny said:
And most of those accessories are useless or standard on other players. *cough*radio. I would only get one for running and the nike thingy.
*cough* radio? I do not understand why people care about having a radio!:wtf:

Perhaps a satellite radio, sure, but FM!? I don't know what your music interests are, but most people would agree FM has a bunch of crap stations that only play what's "popular" a.k.a. stupid pop/punk/rock/rap/country.

The name of the thread is "Which iPod?" You can complain all you want about iPods, but at the end of the day, they're the highest selling mp3 player today and have been for years and no one is holding a gun to anyones head to buy them. Sure, they have problems, yes they could definitely do more than they're doing (and they are with the iPhone, really), but when it comes to ease of use on both the software side and hardware side, overall they are better in most peoples opinions.

People who are so against iPods, to me, just sound like rebels without a cause. Apple may be doing great in the mp3 player arena, but otherwise, they have a very small market share (which really doesn't make since to me) and unlike some companies (Micro$oft), they never tried to monopolize any area of technology (like Micro$oft did with Windowz).:O

Try DAB its the only type that matters
And theres a sation for everyone (ie, crap rock,classicrock, urban,comady, etc)

Get a:Ipod Nano Redux. They have 8 gigs which is more than enough. They're pretty sleek too if you ask me.
nano_silver.jpg

Lol nice. I might get the Zen V Plus 2Gb.

It's quite good actually. Cheaper than an Ipod and same size. I think 1000 songs is enough for me seriously. Part of that 800 is the Metallica albums and the R.H.C.P Albums which have some songs that I RARELY listen to. So 2Gb is right for me. And the price is cool too...
If you have any better suggestions for 2Gb Rechargable (I hate Batteries) MP3's I'd love to here

Source

Darkprinny said:
Get one of theses

Isopod

I actually caught something that looked a little like that while night fishing out in America few years back,

Looked more like this mind but still...Linkage

Zens are very nicely put together and look great too. But, the thing to consider is do you want flash memory or hard drive memory? The new 8 gig nanos are awesome because the screens are harder to scratch and you can actually drop it without the risk of ruining the hard drive. My brother has the new nano and they are sweet! I have the old 60gb photo and it works for me as I use it in my car through the cd changer plug .......and get great sound. I could not find a hook up for a zen, or I probably would have gotten one of those. But dont' forget that Toshiba and Microsoft also make some really nice models too.

How much activity do you do? If you want one you can run with, walk around with, and do activity often, maybe you should consider a flash based mp3 player, and I believe the 8 gig nano is the biggest flash mp3 player out there.

NateTheGreat said:
*cough* radio? I do not understand why people care about having a radio!:wtf:

Perhaps a satellite radio, sure, but FM!? I don't know what your music interests are, but most people would agree FM has a bunch of crap stations that only play what's "popular" a.k.a. stupid pop/punk/rock/rap/country.

The name of the thread is "Which iPod?" You can complain all you want about iPods, but at the end of the day, they're the highest selling mp3 player today and have been for years and no one is holding a gun to anyones head to buy them. Sure, they have problems, yes they could definitely do more than they're doing (and they are with the iPhone, really), but when it comes to ease of use on both the software side and hardware side, overall they are better in most peoples opinions.

People who are so against iPods, to me, just sound like rebels without a cause. Apple may be doing great in the mp3 player arena, but otherwise, they have a very small market share (which really doesn't make since to me) and unlike some companies (Micro$oft), they never tried to monopolize any area of technology (like Micro$oft did with Windowz).:O

Sorry if I came off as a little hating on the Ipod but I irritates me when I'm listening to my Zen and someone says, hey, is that an Ipod? Like I said earlier, Ipod is for people who don't know about mp3 players. Its kinda dumb how the general public replaced "mp3 player with Ipod though". Also, mp3 player accessories that say I-(insert any word).

True dat. People do call all mp3 players iPods anymore. I know, because I work in a pawn shop and I have to remind them "this is NOT an ipod" daily.

Brawny said:
Sorry if I came off as a little hating on the Ipod but I irritates me when I'm listening to my Zen and someone says, hey, is that an Ipod? Like I said earlier, Ipod is for people who don't know about mp3 players. Its kinda dumb how the general public replaced "mp3 player with Ipod though". Also, mp3 player accessories that say I-(insert any word).
i have an iPod, so i therefore don't know anything about MP3 players? ahhhh that makes sense, maybe i want an MP3 player, and storage device, that works with windows and Mac, Zen doesn't offer that easily, and obviously microsoft doesn't. cuts down my choice alot doesn't it. aaaaah so i get an iPod, and now i don't know jack. Nice one ;)

Back