Which one's the better?

xplosive

WiiChat Member
Apr 21, 2012
California
Ok goldeneye playing wiichat community i got a question for you guys. Which one's better RTMs or Proxies(and it would be nice if you explained why you thought that)?

I think it depends on the type of game you are playing and your personal style of play:

Proxies: I usually prefer proxies over RTMs because you can "set it n' forget it," just like the popular As Seen on TV slogan says. I play a lot of conflict-style matches and typically use a very aggressive "run n' gun" strategy. A big part of that game-play style, I think, is the ability to control key corridors and areas while you move through the map. It essentially allows you to pick up kills while being elsewhere, maximizing your effective span of damage. Although some regard it as cheap, you can also mine spawn points that you can't directly see. Defensively, you can use proxies to "watch your back" and keep enemies from approaching on your blind side. I don't usually snipe, but obviously, this would also be useful. Not having to lower your weapon to trigger them with your phone is a big advantage. The downside is that proxies take a few seconds to arm, and by setting them, can leave you momentarily open to attack. As a general rule, if you see someone setting a proxy, it is usually an absolute green light to attack immediately. As with all mines in GE, they disappear when the person who set them is killed.

RTMs: Remote trigger mines, although not usually my preference, can also be a VERY formidable weapon. These are great for setting traps, such as triggering/shooting them as someone walks through a door. Perhaps the best use of RTMs are as "exploding Frisbees," throwing them at enemies and then triggering almost immediately. In team games, this can be a definite advantage over proxies. Because RTMs detonate when triggered, there is no arming time, and can more easily allow you to get multi-kills. Throwing these into a group of enemies is the most common way in GE to get the elusive "quad kill." The downside to these is that you usually need line of sight to use them effectively (except in Goldeneye mode when placed on consoles). Also, as stated above, detonating these requires you to drop your weapon and pull out your cell phone, which can leave you momentarily open to attack.

Overall, I prefer proxies over RTMs in most situations. It should also be noted that you can shorten the fuse time on frag grenades to achieve a similar effect to the "exploding Frisbee" as well. Equipping either type of mine still gives you grenades.

-Proxys are far easier to use, and you can block exits with it making it so you need not fear being attacked from that side. the perfect accesorry to sniping, ...
-The RTM's are great for when your out of bullets or when you know a dude is nearby (hiding behind something, around the corner, ...).
With RTM you can quickly kill them without endangering yourselves. Which is just not true for the proxys.

I give the slight advantage to proxy, mostly because they get me more kills against higher lvl players. By the virtue that i can they block certain points and i can focus my attention in one direction. Without having to run back and forth. Against lower lvl i'd probably go with RTM.

Oh well it doesn't matter anyway as I'll be using RTMs for a loooooooooooooooong time.
But when i had my old wii i used RTM's more because i could pull them out in case of an emergency to save myself, something i can't do with proxies. Also proxies seem more suited for a defensive style of play. I never actually used them as set n forget mines, cuz i remembered how annoying it was to get blown up in a cloud of smoke. And you wouldn't do anything you don't want done to yourself would you?
Tamps and Redcrow, and anyone else with proxies, how many of your kills do you think are from proxies?

Last edited:
Right now, the strata for me. Two months ago my favourite was the ivana...
Reason: i like the way it looks better atm. (Have people started noticing i am a bit weird?)

Proxykills:Honestly not that many. Reason being that once i reach 53 it's only 3 more lvls to 56.
And once i reach 56 i end up starting up a new alt. If i play this game long enough i'll end up with 5 lvl 56.
I have tons of kills with the RTM as you've probably noticed earlier.

Last edited:
Yeah I'm so glad that i unlocked RTM's, I'm going to go online tomorrow just to test them out. RIP noobs.

Is it just me or does it seem like the ivana goes through ammo waaaay too fast, like after 5 or so kills I have 60 bullets left, and i like the iron sights on the strata better.

Yeah, I've been using a silenced strata a lot more lately - seems to be more accurate with ADS. But I think I am more accurate with ivana for hip fire. IDK - guess it just depends on my mood LOL And so far as how many kills I average in a match using proxies...well not usually more than 2 kills for each time I spawn, max! :thumbsup:

From what I've seen, RTMs = Offense. Proxies = Defence
Yeah, using proxies in a match offensively can really slow you down. I remember i stopped using them cuz once i was in a BB match and i was Janus. The game was almost over they almost destroyed the box, and we almost finished downloading. The other team was just about to put the finishing touches on the box when i lobbed a proxy next to the BB. Right after they finished blowing up the box. Proxy detonates and i get a quad kill. I will always remember that i was too slow to save that poor box. And it haunts me to this day.:ee5k:

Well I haven't unlocked proxies yet so for me it's RTM. I have been in situations when I throw a RTM at the person before getting killed and as soon as it lands near the person and I trigger it I get killed which kinda annoys me a little. I can't wait till I level up since I unlock Proxies.

If thats what you're worried about proxies are even worse, they take a few second to arm themselves, so you can't use em offensively or in a hurry.

If thats what you're worried about proxies are even worse, they take a few second to arm themselves, so you can't use em offensively or in a hurry.

I understand where your coming from with this but Proxies do more damage quicker instead of RTM's. I currently have RTM's on my ''Main'' Loadout so i tend to use it more since I don't have Proxies.

For me proxies got old really fast. I just don't think that they are as fun as RTM's.

Back