Which sensor bar to get?

Arringfray

WiiChat Member
Jun 14, 2009
Hi all,

I've gone through a few sensor bars now. the first being the corded one that came wiht the wii. I someone managed to break the cable in half after only a month of owning the system. I then went and bought an Intec wireless one (only one was available in canada at the time) and have used that till now. the thing is though that I hate the stupid thing! It goes through batteries like crazy (2800ma NiMH rechargables) and has lousy range! Anyway I'm going to either toss the thing through my window and snap it in half but before I do that I need to get a replacment. Since it's been so long since I've looked into this, I see that there are considerablely more on the market now and I have no idea which one I should get.

So i thought I would ask the masses. My set-up is nothing special, just a standard TV (non HD) in my livingroom. The thing is that I do get a lot of natural light in the room from the 2 medium sized windows in it. I know it's not the perfect place for the wii to be set-up but it's all I have to work with for the time being. So my question is, which bar should I get?

Would it be better to just grab the original wired bar for $7 on e-bay? Or whatabout the AC or battery powered one offered by Nextronics? Or is there something better out there?

PLEASE help me!

Geoff

Last edited:
get a wired bar. i hot glued mine to the bottom center of my LCD tv. i've removed it a few times and it doesn't leave a mark. hotglue could keep the thing from dropping and stressing the cable.

Thanks Gidget for your response. I was thinking about going that route anyway so i would at least have a back-up.

Anyone else have any other opinions?

I snagged myself a wired one off ebay for $7 so at least I have one I know should work ok.

I am curious though if anyone has tried the Nextronics one. it looks pretty cool but I don't want to spend the money if it doesn't work. here's the link to what I'm talking about:

http://www.videogamebundle.com/sensorbarHD.html

so if you've tried this one out please let me know what you think of it.

I've got a GAMEware Sensor Bar (due to my cat shredding the wire on the original one). The GAMEware one works fine (GAME's based in the UK btw) and has a great range - wired

Back