Which shooter to get??

cougar4000

WiiChat Member
Oct 5, 2006
Well, theres a few 1st person n 3rd person shooters comin out on the Wii and I wanna grab one cos I reckon they could absolutely rock right, and to get some of my mates into the Wii ... so which one do we think is gonna be the best:

Red Steel
Far Cry
Call of Duty
Metroid

any more??

Im leaning towards red steel. I dont necessarily need it on the same day as console relase tho.

I highly recommend getting Red steel. It looks like such a great game. I will also be buying that at launch date.

Red steel: The game just looks gourgeous and fun to play. Sword fighting and gun shootouts, whats not to love in an FPS? Above all, is 4 player split screen. This is one of the main reasons i'm getting it. I'll be pwning my friends and also playing the single player component. Simply amazing.

Farcry: so far, it will be a no for me. The graphics aren't that appealing and imo look horendous but those pics were taken during the developmental stage so I will be waiting for reviews and screens when it comes out. Until then, it's a wait and see for me. If the graphics are improved, then yes! the farcry games are just so fun. If you aren't concerned with graphics and more with gameplay, Farcry will be a good choice but hopefully the graphics will be improved. Multiplayer is going to be fun also so i would watch this game.

Call of Duty 3: Currently, also a no for me. Yes, CoD is very very fun but the Wii version just doesn't include multiplayer. None. nada. Not even splitscreen or co-op. All singleplayer. A big let down imo because i wanted to use the wiimote in Multiplayer. If you aren't concerned with Multiplayer and just want an immersive fast paced single player experience? Then this game is a good choice. Be aware that the Wii version has toned down graphics compared to the PS3 and 360 version though. I would watch this game though, later next year, they will probably add a mutliplayer component to it. When they do, i'll be getting it.

Metroid: The only metroid i've ever played was on SNES if i can remember. many people on these forums will give you the thumbs up ;) so i would say why not, give it a try. I will also be getting it after seeing reviews and maybe even renting it. If all goes well, i'll be buying it.

Last edited:
COLDshiver said:
I highly recommend getting Red steel. It looks like such a great game. I will also be buying that at launch date.

Red steel: The game just looks gourgeous and fun to play. Sword fighting and gun shootouts, whats not to love in an FPS? Above all, is 4 player split screen. This is one of the main reasons i'm getting it. I'll be pwning my friends and also playing the single player component. Simply amazing.

Farcry: so far, it will be a no for me. The graphics aren't that appealing and imo look horendous but those pics were taken during the developmental stage so I will be waiting for reviews and screens when it comes out. Until then, it's a wait and see for me. If the graphics are improved, then yes! the farcry games are just so fun. If you aren't concerned with graphics and more with gameplay, Farcry will be a good choice but hopefully the graphics will be improved. Multiplayer is going to be fun also so i would watch this game.
far cry;s graphics have improved.

but yeh, if u want a game that will work perfectly with the wiimote get metroid. but for now, red steel looks pretty cool.

I know its early days and game companies are still a tad hush-hush with some details but will any of these be online multiplayer? split screen is cool for something like monkey ball or mario strikers but for a fps i dont c it wokring too well.

I just think with 4 ppl on the one screen flailing wiimotes around everywhere that its not gonna b pretty.
online or over a LAN would be sweet tho.

Back