Which shooting game would suit me

brothersha

WiiChat Member
Sep 13, 2010
Temple Ewell
Hi,

I like shooting games a lot, I'm not mental or anything, I don't want to kill anyone in real life.

The best game I think I've played is crossbow. Although strictly speaking, this is just a serious of tasks and does become repeditive after a while.

I've played Resident Evil (5 I think), but I really can't be bothered collecting amo, and when I do I'm to scared to use the good amo in case I need it at a later date which makes game play a bit tiresome.

When I was a boy, there was an arcade game called Time Crisis, I would like to play something similar. i.e. you don't have to find amo, you just used to crouch down and your gun would reload.

Any ideas which game would be good for me?

Well arcade style shooters are plentiful on the Wii (no time Crisis yet)
Ones that are great (and cheap)
Ghost Squad
House of the dead (any)
GunBlade NY and L.A. Machineguns

There are indeed a whole bunch of good 'rail-shooters' on the Wii. It depends as to what kind of game and challenge you want. I've listed the best available (imo), with the exception of Sin & Punishment ($50) they should all be found for between $15 and $30.

Sin & Punishment Star Successor - On-rails but you can move your character around the screen freely. If any game was to qualify for being 'hardcore' this gen then S&P2 would be the game, it is totally an old school type of experience and one of the best shooters anywhere, the way that the levels seamlessly twist and turn around is incredible. Only really for one player though (it does support two players but only one gets a character to move, the other just has a crosshair).

Dead Space Extraction - An on-rails (lightgun style) shooter. It trys to concentrate a bit more on cinematic flair than other games in this genre. Has drop in 2 player support (so player 2 can join in at any point). Dismemberment is fun too.

House of the Dead Overkill - An on-rails (lightgun style) shooter. Haven't played it myself but it got good reviews.

Resident Evil Umbrella Chronicles/Darkside Chronicles - On-rails (lightgun style) shooters. Great for fans of the franchise as they walk through many of the locations featured in the original games. It could have been one of these games that you played before (as RE5 isn't on the Wii).

Ghost Squad - An on-rails (lightgun style) shooter. It's an arcade game so quite similar to the Time Crysis type; you get a choice of pathways to take and you don't have to worry about ammo. A bonus is that it also allows for 4 players at once.

GunBlade NY and L.A. Machineguns - On-rails (lightgun style) shooters. These are ports of old arcade games so if you ever played/liked the originals then you'd like these.

Medal Of Honor Heroes 2 - This isn't strictly a lightgun style game, it's a FPS. It does have an 'arcade mode' though that takes away the walking controls and turns it into a on-rails shooter. So worthy of consideration as it offers a bit of variety.

Hope that helps a bit.

Back