Which Wii Exercise?

lilfix

WiiChat Member
Dec 25, 2009
United States
I'm looking to get one of the Wii fitness programs but not sure which to get.

Wii Fit
Wii Fit Plus
EA Sports Active
EA Sports Active more workouts

Which one do you like and why?

Am I read in what I've read, that I don't have to buy the Wii Fit to use the Wii Fit Plus? In other words, I can buy either of them, I don't need to buy Fit first to be able to use Fit Plus?

Same with the Sports active - Can I buy any of them without buying a certain one first?

Thanks for any help you guys can give...:wiifit:

None of the above
Its called getting out there and going for a run

I'm looking to get one of the Wii fitness programs but not sure which to get.

Wii Fit
Wii Fit Plus
EA Sports Active
EA Sports Active more workouts

Which one do you like and why?

Am I read in what I've read, that I don't have to buy the Wii Fit to use the Wii Fit Plus? In other words, I can buy either of them, I don't need to buy Fit first to be able to use Fit Plus?

Same with the Sports active - Can I buy any of them without buying a certain one first?

Thanks for any help you guys can give...:wiifit:
The only one i did was the EA sports active. But i was watching the Doctors today and they told people that EA More Workouts is great for people who love video games but can't seem to exercise. heres what the Doctors say on this EA More Workouts http://thedoctorstv.com/main/procedure_list/1044

hers what they say on Healthbeat:
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rFRYXJj0Pug[/ame]

Last edited:
I just got Wii Fit and boy am I addicted. It's very educational and seems to target muscle groups often ignored. Very Nice. Only disappointment is that a lot of the games are great for improving physical health and awareness but lack at burning calories. I played for about 2 hours and burned about 400 calories. The one I did notice to burn the most(so far) was the running game which you could easily go out and do on your own. But I did find the game more motivational than real life running which is good.

Bad Points:

Not a big calories burner

Good:

You can save this for (literally) a rainy day.

It's very accessible, say you have an appointment in 30 minutes, you can either hit the gym and spend about 2 minutes there or just fire up the TV and play until its time to go.

Very educational. Since this game comes from Japan it shows and tells about a lot of physical health we Americans don't even mention. I used to hit the gym and run all the time but no one ever mentioned point of balance, breathing, and a bunch of other values Wii Fit made me aware of.

Accuracy. Fitness/Yoga DVDs tell you what to do but they won't tell you if you're doing it right. Enough said!

Has a wonderful graph/fitness interface, if you really want to lose weight it will keep track of your weight and BMI and your progress overall. There's even an option to input your waist size and steps taken for that day.

P.S. Get Wii Fit as it's the same game with added content like games and cool routines. Wii Fit is now outdated. Wii Fit will cost you $10 less though.

Back