WHITE PS3 How cheap can a PS3 get! (But still a rip off...just look)

f1982 said:
WOW WOW WOW...HOLD ON A SECOND!

Can someone confirm this?
Are PS3s really region free? Surely not.
If they are, wont the language of the Jap models be in Japanese of could this be changed?

i dunno about that..my mate here in australia has a european ps3, it plays australian games and everything just fine but it doesnt play blu rays or dvds..not sure if thats means its non regional because we both use PAL,thats why the games work fine, but it must be regional because then wouldnt the dvds and blu rays work fine as well? I'm not really sure, but just some insight:yesnod:

cool!!

but they wouldn't easily reduce price in europe because ps3 sales are higher in europe....... :(

*my opinion: if ps3 ever reaches wii price, there will be nice battle between wii and ps3, with xbox360 on the bottom..... :p

Hmm I dunno, I still like the look of the black one, it looks more... Shiney, lol! But yeah this is good if you got a Wii and other bits of white technology, but with my white Wii, Silver freeview box, black PS2 and silver/black DVD player I got different colours so I don't need to keep a trend going there.

EDIT:
lenitao3 said:
cool!!

but they wouldn't easily reduce price in europe because ps3 sales are higher in europe....... :(

*my opinion: if ps3 ever reaches wii price, there will be nice battle between wii and ps3, with xbox360 on the bottom..... :p
LOL! It would be an interesting twist in the war if that came true!

Last edited:
The PlayStation 3 does not enforce regional lockout on games developed for the platform itself, however backward compatibility modes are region locked. Blu-ray Disc and DVD region codes are also enforced

i thought it was totally region free.

but this just tells us that the makers are not made to region lock there games

but all its ps2 games are still locked.

Last edited:
f1982 said:
white_playstation_1.jpg

[/url]

...and I thought the black one was ugly. This thing looks like a fridge!

I'm kind of surprised they're doing white since most people I run into seem to prefer black systems to white. I'm actually opposite, although the white PS3 doesn't look so appealing to me...

i jus want one. honestly, although everyone, including me talks smack about SONY and how they suck, im still craving for a PS3. maybe if im lucky, my bro will get a PS3.

ZeLdA4LiFe said:
i jus want one. honestly, although everyone, including me talks smack about SONY and how they suck, im still craving for a PS3. maybe if im lucky, my bro will get a PS3.

Same here, I thought Sony had completely failed this time around. Now I see that (although their first year was terrible), they have actually made the best console, and also the best value console, so now I can't wait to get one.
I think i'll still go for the 60G version though.

f1982 said:
Same here, I thought Sony had completely failed this time around. Now I see that (although their first year was terrible), they have actually made the best console, and also the best value console, so now I can't wait to get one.
I think i'll still go for the 60G version though.

Ding ding ding! The console is amazing. It is no surprised they invested the most money in it and the slow start didnt even phase them... they have been saying all along, they are in it for the long haul. People hate for no reason or logic, and you dont have to be a fanboy to know which system surpasses the others in function and ability.

I was skeptical of the ps3 till i actually played it as well, used ever feature it had and its the best gaming device that i own second to the gaming pc. Reading up on the plans for the PS3 still amaze me, its a virtual computer thats upgraded as time goes on via firmware, software, and devices.

Last edited:
The most amazing thing about this console is it's launched 5 different versions in less than 1 year, which is an outright record. 2008 will decide it all. I heard all three game companies plan on price dropping their games to obtain #1. Either way, we gamers win by recieving lower and lower prices.

meh; until kingdom hearts, god of war,final fantasy, and metal gear solid 4 are all released; I still see the system as an impressive(albeit unnecessary) computer disguised as a console/paperweight/dvd player that just-so happens to play games.

That of course is my personal opinion and by no means do I expect anyone to agree. I say wait at least another year, probably two to be sure. Then pick it up for a steal and by then the games we were waiting for and the console itself will be reasonably priced.

Last edited:
I like the colour, but I guess that dust will show up more on a white console than on a black. I am planning on buying a 40GB PS3 soon, so I hope that they don't reduce the price once again after my purchase. :lol:

Byuakuya said:
I like the colour, but I guess that dust will show up more on a white console than on a black. I am planning on buying a 40GB PS3 soon, so I hope that they don't reduce the price once again after my purchase. :lol:
Actually not really. Dust shows up much more on a black console than an 'off white' one.

f1982 said:
Actually not really. Dust shows up much more on a black console than an 'off white' one.
Yeah, I can see what you mean. I am also referring to your average smudges and marks as well. I apologise if I wasn't so clear in my previous post. :)

Back