Who do you think everyone will end up using?

Z3wpk

Fusion Mongle
Oct 9, 2007
NY
Wii Online Code
4826-4175-7020-5555
Who do you think the majority will end up playing as?

My answer is Pit. Mainly because he has an amazing recovery rate and can fly back from just about anything. And there will always be the classic Link players of course.

he doesnt have enough of a ko move for low percentage ko's to be effective enough to be a dominant favorite.

I nominate Meta Knight and Fox for overused.

Meta Knight is ridiculously fast at attacking, has moves that can bring on the pain, and also has an amazing recovery due to the wings and gliding. People say he has no good KO move, but he doesn't need one considering the repetitive and constant damage he deals. I also think he seems easy to use.

Fox seems like a top-tier character again and bound to be overused in competition. I've seen videos of him in gameplay and it's just ridiculous how well he can be used.

I considered Pit, but fact is that he seems like a tough character to master. His moves have to be used strategically, and not everyone could just pick him and do well. Also, regardless of his recovery, he flies off easily, so again it comes back to knowing how to use him.

Probably Sonic or Snake, because they're are A LOT of 3rd Party fanboys/fangirls out there.

poke trainer? i mean 3 guys for the price of 1 seems hard to pass up altho im sure thats gonna take time for anyone to get used to.

Sonic and Snake for sure.

Those were the two most anticipated characters...

SO far, with all the videos shown, most people have been using Snake and Sonic.

dedede seems to be the best person people won't use...back on topic...

I also think metaknight will be overused.

Looking at this thread people have their own opinion. But it my view it's metakinght.:)

Yea its interesting hearing everyones opinion since its really not a majority answer.

everyone keeps saying metaknight but from what i've seen the character seems one dimentional... must keep pressure on and has few entry moves... seems too vulnerable to counter combos to me. but i havent played it so i'm just hypothesizing i could be dead wrong lol

Well from what i've seen of him, Meta Knight is great in the combo department. Also he is seems to be a quick attacker, he just seems to be too good to not be over used if you know what I mean.

As posted in the OP, I think Pit wouldn't have majority of people playing as him, personally, I'll probably over use him myself, depending on his weakness' and strength's.

PT seems unique enough to me to be over used, but the stamina part of the character has me on the fence of not maining him, it all depends on when I test him out.

So far ZSS seems to a well rounded character, I'm still undecided of wether or not maining her, I didn't like Samus' moves, but maybe ZSS can curve that. I imagine seeing alot of people maining her.

And of course we can't forget........ Sonic. He seems to "Special" to not not be played, I guess that's because he's third party. I might main him with the rest of the Sonic fans.

I've also seen alot of people going for Captain Olimar, he's unique, different, and seems to be a good competitor in Brawl, I can see him being over used.

But as far as these characters go to me, Meta Knight and Sonic will probably be over used IMO.

I think that a lot of our guesses are based on what we're seeing in online videos right now. Of course everybody is going to be making vids of snake and sonic, they're new and anticipated characters. But I think in the long run, when you have people finally settling on a character for competitions, I think we'll see lots of MK, Pit, Fox, Marth. That being said, I think we'll also see a LOT more variety than Melee. I can see most of the characters having a sizable user-base main them a year from now.

Back