Nintendo 4life
Oct 16, 2006
ohio
Wii Online Code
7527 1826 6337 6464
1. after this article at ign about the lack of advertisement of metroid
http://wii.ign.com/articles/811/811682p1.html
nintendo put a metroid demo channel out....punch right to the gut :sick:

2. me and some guys at work are arguing whether metroid is gonna fail cuz of the lack of commercial. i say no because it dosent need to be, its like advertising a commercial of smash bros, or halo 3 (i dont like the game btw) or cigarettes, it dosent need help to sell, all or majority of hardcore gamers are gonna buy the game, its gonna sell, why spend millions on commercializing. besides what better and cost effiecent way to advertise than to send a personal demo to all wii owners via wiiconnect24.

what do u think?

I don't see Metroid being a failure.
It just looks to good and sounds so good. Its gonna be mad fun.

People missed the whole point of that article. They weren't getting on Nintendo for failing to advertise it to Wii owners, they were getting on Nintendo for failing to hype it to everyone. I'm glad Nintendo put up the preview channel and is releasing Metroid and Super Metroid on VC, but the only ones exposed to the preview were Wii users. Rather than hype this game for months, play up the best console first person controls angle, and attempt to get some of the non-Wii hardcore crowd into the action they went the easy route. Metroid Prime 3 is still going to be a great game, it's still going to sell well, but it has the potential to be a top game this year but isn't getting the pub it deserves. Nintendo didn't really answer the main criticism of that IGN article.

Lol, a 2 trailer preview on the Wii shop channel is barely advertising. On the other hand, the Wii is still sold out in most places. It's not like if they made commercials they'd be able to sell more.

but my argument to that is, knowing that about 20-40% of wii owners arent Hardcore gamers, and knowing that the wii system is sold out, why hype up a game to get even MORE people to buy a system that u cant meet the demand to supply. apparently nintendo dosent have enough systems to hype "the best 1st person shooter". when mario party 8 launched, they had systems to back it up, pokemon, systems to back it up.

I think Nintendo got owned

What nintendo did was the only good way to respond to an article like IGN. Nintendo should have put those vids on a few days in front of the IGN article so there wouldnt be an article ;)

Also: If metroid Prime is going to fail I think its because of the lack of multi-player. I am not buying this game at full price because I know Im going to get bored of quick without multi-player.

cyberzomby said:
I think Nintendo got owned

What nintendo did was the only good way to respond to an article like IGN. Nintendo should have put those vids on a few days in front of the IGN article so there wouldnt be an article ;)

Also: If metroid Prime is going to fail I think its because of the lack of multi-player. I am not buying this game at full price because I know Im going to get bored of quick without multi-player.

where can u buy it for half price?

Listen, by hyping this game up you further increase the demand for the Wii. This helps guarantee that the demand for Wii doesn't die down anytime soon. Also, you want a diverse audience. You don't just want regular Nintendo users and the casual audience, you want every kind of gamer and lots of them. That is how you get a big and diverse catalog, and that is how you keep selling systems for years. This game could be a vehicle to further show that Wii's controls are worth it to a hardcore non-Nintendo gamer.

its not about what u "want" though, its about what u can get. how many of the 40-60 year old people who picked up the wii do u think are gonna buy games like resident evil 4, metriod prime 3, manhunt or smash bros type games.....um, im guessing 1 in every 30. the wii is a casual gamer/hardcore gamer system. nintendo knows that, thats why the wii has been top success since launch everymonth and they're a billion dollar company

by reason,

ign is on ps3's side, trust me i read all their article (for awhile now) and their always comparing wii to ps3

meh i dont really care

if anyone needs me then my PSN id is zein9881 and ill be on my ps3 now =)

To me Metroid is okay some parts are really confusing to me. Hopefully this Metroid will be Excellent so I can beat this game without having to spend 2 years on the same part and not knowing where to go

Pikachu256 said:
To me Metroid is okay some parts are really confusing to me. Hopefully this Metroid will be Excellent so I can beat this game without having to spend 2 years on the same part and not knowing where to go
Thats what always happens to me! hope they make a book! but i'm not buying the game.:mad5: i gonna get some other or go hunting:smilewinkgrin:

Back