Who exchanges Wii games w/o receipt?

gdizzle

WiiChat Member
Dec 7, 2007
Got these 2 games in a big Wii bundle, I'd like to exchange them for other games (that are less violent). They are still sealed. The 2 games are Metroid 3 and Zelda Twilight. Like I said these are brand new, still sealed. I tried to take them to Target today and they refused because I dont have receipt.

Any ideas?? I think I'd like to get the Mario Galaxy instead and maybe that Roller coaster game, Thrillville. Better for kids I think.

Explain it to them!
I got Galaxy by exchanging my bundled WiiPlay (I think) at Zellers.
Welcome to WiiChat!

Well I am not sure, I only exchange when I have a receipt. I don't think you can do it without a receipt, otherwise there would be some big problems.

Also, Zelda is not that violent really, nor is Metroid for that matter.
Kids may like those ones, but if you are still against it, Galaxy is also a good game.

CantGetAWii said:
Well I am not sure, I only exchange when I have a receipt. I don't think you can do it without a receipt, otherwise there would be some big problems.

Also, Zelda is not that violent really, nor is Metroid for that matter.
Kids may like those ones, but if you are still against it, Galaxy is also a good game.

...and Super Paper Mario.
I give it a 9.6!

Yea, my kids are pretty young, 6 and 8. The Metroid 3 looks pretty scary. Says 10 on it, and Zelda>? I really dont know what it is. But in the bundle I also got Mario Papers, Donkey Barrel, Star Wars and some other things.
I know these 2 games are like $50 EA IN STORE. I was hoping I could just take em in and exchange,. Maybe I should wait till after Christmas, then they will be more likely to take them back, Maybe bestbuy??
Any other ideas??

Well you got decent games with the bundle, I'd keep them to be honest, so sense in exchanging them as they are all good games. Plus you may find you like some of them as well :lol:

as long as they are sealed and there are not sticker marks on them, they should accept the return.

I am not sure if it is different in other states, but this is how it is in California. I cant see why it would be different elsewhere.

Targets policy allows all customer 2 no-receipt returns per year. They will ask for your drivers license and enter it into their system to track this. You will only get store credit. There is a 5 item limit per return (so 10 total). I learned this from returning wedding gifts.

If the person refuses the return, ask for a manager. Tell him why you want to return them, show him they are sealed. Explain to the manager that you bought the 2 games as gifts for your kids. State all you want to do is exchange them for games that are less violent.

If you want some kind of story, throw in that you bought them last week, your wife looked at them and said they are too violent for your kids. Tell him you can not find the receipt. You can take it a step further and say you called another target and they told you as long as it was sealed, you could exchange it for an equally priced game, etc.

------------------

The alternative, almost every store will issue store credit for no reciept returns after x-mas. Only problem is you have to wait.

Yea, I think Target recently changed their policy. THey now told me that if value was under $20, then I could get a store credit, but because it is $50 I can not. They also have some new tracking system that can track purchases made from other people credit cards. what a trip. they are getting smarter.

Like beamolite said, sell them on ebay. So easy. You could be buying Super Mario Galaxy and Thrillville by next week.

sell, on ebay, amazon
or even craigslist if you want to save on shipping and commission
You can sell for $50 each (buyer save tax), or at least $40

well selling them online is your best bet because 99% of stores will not take them back without a reciept.

but the 2 mentioned games are not violent at all when comparing them to todays standards. in metroid you shoot aliens with balls of light and in zelda u hit bad guys with your sword. maybe if your kids are young it's too much for your liking though.

i'd sell them for 40 dollars each plus shipping. buyer saves about ten dollars and i think paying ten dollars for mario galaxy is a good deal.

go to walmart. I cant believe nobody suggested that.

I've done it many times and with wii games specifically.

Walmarts business is built around customer satisfaction.

^ Have you tried with Wii games?? Does Walmart really take a game exchange without a receipt?? anyone else tried it??

Usually with other systems I trade in for credit but seeing that you don't I have a story for you. When my PSP broke a year after I bought it, also a year after launch, I brought it into the EB Games I had bought it. My warrentee had run out and I had lost my reciet. I was talking to the man behind the desk and the man stocking shelfs turned out to be the owner and he exchanged my PSP for a brand new one right there! I was SO happy and had no problems since, so my advice talk with the owner and explain your situation.

Back