Who here dislikes or dosen't care about Brawl?

I personally like the game but I think its extremely overrated. I didn't find it too strategic back on the GC, not a lot of moves in the game let alone combinations. It's only a matter of timing. Either way I loved SSBM, but it never really even crossed my mind when I was getting my Wii ( on Nov 19 ^^ :crazy: )

It's a very basic game as stated earlier, and im sure since most of the players on this game will be bunch of little kids, we'll be seeing a ton of button mashing online.

Last edited:
Haywire said:
My kids love it and I will buy it for them but I'm not a fan of the series, I've never really like the way the series played and I would rather play a traditional fighter such as Soul Calibur, Tekken, DoA, or Virtua Fighter. I also don't care about having Mario and Luigi punch it out with pikachu or any other of Nintendo's cute characters.

The game has always just seemed like a chaotic button masher of who's who and I'm perfectly happy if my kids just kept playing the gamecube version since I think wii controls would just make it harder for them (yes I know it suppose to use classic controls as well but that kind of defeats the purpose of the wii). Plus it just seems like fighting games (Legend of the Dragon, MK) as of now don't work well with motion controls and the wiimotes layout.

a chaotic button masher? maybe if youre not very good but i think it takes far more skill than soul caliber.

dont get me wrong, i love soul caliber II, but come on, SSB takes far more skill. all you have to do in soul caliber is be rafael. all you have to do with a character like that is press the same button over and over and the opponent will die in a matter of ten seconds.

SSB may seem very simple, and the controls are very simple. but the game itself and the strategy it takes to be good at the game is far more complex than what meets the eye.

just my two cents for the day.:cool:

why are some people sayin SC is more strategic than smash bros? that makes no sense

Played Super Smash Brothers Melee a couple of times I found it boring playing with character like Mario who are punching, just dosent seem right insnt he supposed to jump on enemies. Also I do not find the whole Pokemon 3D nice at all, just so smooth and unrealistic. Mind you The GBA versions were pretty good. Basically it is all too fake and soft for me whats the point of killing when no blood come out. I prefer more realistic games like fifa, good shooters GTA ect. Also I am a SEGA/PC gamer at heart so Its hard to know the backgrounds of all the characters besides what they look like from mario kart 64.
However Im really starting to get into the Nintendo spirit played twilight princess liked it, mario galaxy looks pretty good as well. starting to feel good with the wii after an extremely disappointing investment in the gamecube

Last edited:
well, atleast ur starting to feel the wii. but still, i mean, everyone has seen soul calibur before. its nothing we havent seen before.theres thousands of games like it. but smash bros. is very different, a one of a kind.

I Hate Ssb Its So Boring When Ever People Say They Cant Wait For It Im Like Wtf Who Cares The Game Is Basiclly The Same Every Time Mp3 Is A Game If It Had Online.

ur like "wtf, who cares?" 96% percent of the peopke here care

I no but I just dont no wuts so special about the game I just dislike it remember I didnt make this thread you did.

well, the things people like about smash bros is how all of your favorite nintendo characters are in one game and the other thing is the battle system. thats why most people like it

In terms of combos and more in depth fighting gameplay, such as from Street Fighter, Tekken, Guilty Gear, and Marvel vs. Capcom 2, I would have to agree that Smash may seem to be a chaotic, button mashing, no strategy involved game but that is far from the truth.

There's a lot of strategy inside of Smash that people that don't know how to play the game just can't see. I myself play as Jigglypuff and if I were to randomly mash buttons I would DEFINATELY never be able to land a KO on anyone. Landing a rest one-on-one is probably one of the most difficult things to do in the game. I've seen a crazy Falco player knock a character into the air and spike him off the stage so fluently that it made my jaw drop. He proceeded to do that to every one else and won the game with all his lives in tact.

All I'm saying is, don't judge a game you haven't played from watching your children play it or whatever.

You guys who say that you don't like SSB really don't make good reasons as to why you never play it, 'It's so boring'...Ok, how about why? And basically the same? No it isn't it's changed dramatically from when it was on the N64, new game modes and characters, challenges and all! Brawl is also going to be more of a full game, rather than just hitting all those other guys, and girls. Also, you listed DoA as one of your preferences as to SSB...Why? All you do is bash up eachother in that?

P.S The people who I used as examples or quotes from when writing this, do not think that I'm picking on you as I know there are many others that said likewise.

It is a hella stategic game. My old combo. Falcon punch if dodge then falcon kick if dogde prepare to dodge incomoming attack grab from behind smash em into ground prepare falcon punch at percise time. POW!!! Capt. Falcon is teh best!! Be creative!! Make a style that suits you. Think of your own combos instead of just following the ones there for you!!!

i agree... i think people that don't play the game alot don't realize that its so creative as to your own style. i love playing with people that have practice with one character alot, i have done that with Samus, its fun to play with people that actually have a style. I think thats why people don't like it cause no one a style at first. opposed to say street fighter each character has his or her own style

Belmont said:
i agree... i think people that don't play the game alot don't realize that its so creative as to your own style. i love playing with people that have practice with one character alot, i have done that with Samus, its fun to play with people that actually have a style. I think thats why people don't like it cause no one a style at first. opposed to say street fighter each character has his or her own style

It takes a while, but you can really pull off weird stuff with some characters.
Rest is a good example.

Back