Who here dislikes or dosen't care about Brawl?

yo

I'm not here to flame on brawl. I think it is a very advertising game using charcters from all sorts of nintendo games. It doesn't tickle my fancy at all. I tried Melee last year and was interested in it for about 5 minutes. I see it as more of a mini game. But look how good SSB sells. In my opinion, it is only part of a series of backbones for Nintendo, Zelda being the best.

God I love these forums people get so obsessed aginst people who have different opinions here. I never said anything was deeper than smash bros I said I prefer games like SC, DOA, Tekken, VF, and so on. Thats its a preference I don't care about the characters in brawl I see no point of having both daisy and peach slug it out with mario and luigi. I don't like pokemon never have. Also I'm not such a hardcore nintendo fan that I instantly recognize character like Roy, Ness, and Marth. And definetely don't care about filler charcters like Mr Game-N-Watch. I played enough of melee to unlock most of the characters for my kids and then never played it again mainly because it does not appeal to me.

I prefer the graphics of traditional fighters instead of what I call platform fighters. Plus I like where many traditional fighter are going these days with customizable looks and even in some games such as MK a character creator. I grew up playing through the 2-d fighter era and those will always be my favorite style games but as the 3d- fighter became dominent I learned to enjoy all the nuances of such game such timing, counters, reversals, and move combinations. But what I would love to see more than anything else is more original fighting games such as Bushido Blade from the ps1 both 3d fighters and smash brothers have been cloned by so mnay knock off similiar titles I'm honestly kind of sick of both.

Hey if thats what you think, im pretty sure a few of us could except your opinion, if you think other fighters are better than SSB Series then thats your opinion, but its not True, not even close to a fact!

TO: Haywire

Shoko said:
yea true. u cant just press one or 2 buttons to win. u cant mash either. u cant go crazy at all or youll die. u gotta use every button and thats a fact. u have to be calm and know wat ur doing. u gotta have some type of strategy or combo or plan to win. its more strategic than some people think

i couldnt have said it better myself. button mashing dosent take skill, smash bros does. this coming from a HUGE fan of streetfighter and capcom vs sereis.

CyanRussel said:
Hey if thats what you think, im pretty sure a few of us could except your opinion, if you think other fighters are better than SSB Series then thats your opinion, but its not True, not even close to a fact!

TO: Haywire

WTF is your point? The orignal poster asked if there was anyone who disliked or doesn't care for Brawl with no flamming. Then as soon as people gave their opinions why they didn't care for it the Nintendo Defense force busted in on rappel lines to shut them down. My opinion does not make something fact I never said it did I made it clear that it was preference and why in my opinion I don't care for the Smash brothers series, but here is a shocker your opinions on brawl being superior is not a fact either.

Haywire said:
WTF is your point? The orignal poster asked if there was anyone who disliked or doesn't care for Brawl with no flamming. Then as soon as people gave their opinions why they didn't care for it the Nintendo Defense force busted in on rappel lines to shut them down. My opinion does not make something fact I never said it did I made it clear that it was preference and why in my opinion I don't care for the Smash brothers series, but here is a shocker your opinions on brawl being superior is not a fact either.

Why you being a HOT-HEAD, what you need to do is CALMZ down, (You taken things too seriously) obviously what you said what that "Shocker your opinions on brawl being superior is not a fact either." I never said it was a fact, i was just stating my own opinion just like you or any other member on this forum would!

I...
cannot...
wait...
These small little updates are killing me! How can you not like Brawl. :D I don't really even like fighting games but I love SSB!

Homesrfan said:
I...
cannot...
wait...
These small little updates are killing me! How can you not like Brawl. :D I don't really even like fighting games but I love SSB!

Its best not to ask, all the members who said that they did like Brawl was mostly about it didnt have strategy or it didnt appeal to them and that they like traditional fighters that were customizable!!!! (Not that there is anything wrong with that)

Their is no way in Hell that we can be able to change to their opinions, only thing that might change their opinions is if they play Brawl and like it, I guess!!

CyanRussel said:
Why you being a HOT-HEAD, what you need to do is CALMZ down, (You taken things too seriously) obviously what you said what that "Shocker your opinions on brawl being superior is not a fact either." I never said it was a fact, i was just stating my own opinion just like you or any other member on this forum would!

Actually I'm not hot headed but in hindsight that was pretty harsh sounding on my part. But it was in response to people picking single parts of what I said and taking them out of context which was based on opinion and preference.

i still dont know why some of ya think smash bros is boring. someone please explain it to me

Haywire said:
Actually I'm not hot headed but in hindsight that was pretty harsh sounding on my part. But it was in response to people picking single parts of what I said and taking them out of context which was based on opinion and preference.

Yea, it gets the best of us

I don't think it is boring I just find it unintersting and chaotic but i have serveral reason or views on why I don't or other might not care for the series. First is because I don't care for the characters I like nintendo games but could care less about the individual characters especially the minor ones. Second 4 players hopping around like mad over various platforms full of many visual distractions just seems too chaotic I prefer 1 on 1 battles of strategic fighting where you need to tme reverse and combo attacks succesfully (Once again I'm not saying Brawl is and cant be strategic). Third I always like games were you can create characters its why I love wrestling games but hate wrestling shows and fighters now are giving options to create characters (soul Calibur 3and MK) or customize their looks (virtua Fighter). a Fourth reason is I enjoy the extras that come with most fighters now such as Tekken and SC's adventure mode or MK large assortment of minigames it just adds more value to me. Fifth after watching and playing my kids in games xiaolin showdown, digimon, viewtiful joe rumble, small arms, and smash brothers melee I can't stomach anymore of this style game (once again personal preference becasue my kids have killed this style of game for me). Six I don't play many fighting games anymore I prefer shooters, rpgs, and sports. Seven I don't like the style of the game if I want a 2-4 player free for all I rather load up the classic Powerstone games on my dreamcast or psp. Eight opinions are subjective to the user on what they find boring.

u said u like one on one battles. u can do that in ssb. then u said u like fighters where u can create ur own chars. that dosent downgrade ssb at all. then u said u like the minigames in the other fighters and u made it sound like ssb dosent. u know why ssb kills all those other fighters? because
1. its more unique
2. more functionallities
3. its ONLINE
4. you can play many different ways.
5. theres more freedom
6. more stragetic
7. many more, better stages

Back