Who here dislikes or dosen't care about Brawl?

I know you can do 1 on 1 battles in SB but the spirit of it is suppose to be a 4 player party/fighting game. Not having a creatable fighter features does not downgrade SSB but it is a reason why I would choose another fighting game over it. Last time I checked melee had challenges not completely seperate and diverse minigames such as the newest MK. Your last part is based solely on opinions.

1. Using preexisting characters in a what if scenario does not make them unique its a old fanboy question and I have already seen this done on N64 and Gamecube and plenty of rippoff titles.
2. Functionalities? I dont care about the challenges or cloning of marios to beat up luigi.
3. Many other fighters are online or are going to be online so I should praise brawl for finally picking up this feature.
4. So can many other games DOA for example has survival, tag team, 1 on 1, and online.
5. Depends on the game I rather play powerstone wich has just as much free movement with interactive, changing, destructible, and useable enviroments.
6. Depends on your playstyle and interest in the game since I'm not a fan its a glorified chaotic button masher to me.
7. Once again preference and depends on the game I prefer Powerstone 2 stages over SMash brothers anyday (but SB stages are leaps and bound more interactive than your typical 1 on fighter).

Last edited:
dude, powerstone is dead, stop talking about it. i know it has a psp version but its still dead. u know Brawl owns every other EXCEPT marval vs capcom

Last edited:
Shoko said:
dude, powerstone is dead, stop talking about it

Wow your a master debater I now feel like I have been put in my place. Also Why did you bother creating this topic? You also said no flamming please but you go wildly against anyone who doesn't favor your precious smash brothers. You also ask why somone find sit boring I gave you my reasons and you act as if I'm attacking you. Plus Powerstone for the psp released last year and the company that own the rights are still open for business and its very style fits perfectly for the wii. Also I used it as a game style of preference over Smash Brothers.

dude, i said i know powerstone had a psp game. its still dead though plus its on a handheld, so u really cant compare the two. and im not flamming you. its just that those reasons u gave for thinking brawl was uninteresting were very....unclear and didnt make sense

I quoted you before the psp comment was edited in. Opinions are solely based on how one feels about an item since its a conflicting view my reasons seem absurd.

But to keep it simple smash brothers is boring to me because I have never liked the way it controls (opinion) so to me it feels like a button masher. I also don't care about the individual nintendo characters as fighters even though I may like the games their from, so that feature does make the game interesting to me at all. In my opinion the game is just chaotic everything is always moving quickly, changing, or flashing and I like to focus more on the charactersand the action over the enviroment. I prefer other classic fighting game styles over the platform fighter style that is Smash Brothers. I also tend to choose games that offer other features that I value or add value for the price such as adventure modes, createable fighters, or diverse minigames.
Other reasons why I find it boring is because of my kids they love these style of games so much I have grown tired and bored with them.

u said its boring, but then u say its chaotic. am i missing something here.(smash bros has an adventure mode)

I'm not complimenting the game by sayings is chaotic to its one of the reasons why I do not like the title. Also I apologize I completely forgot about the adventure mode in melee.

i know u didnt mean it being chaotic as a compliment. its just that chaotic and boring.....thats kinda the opposite of eachother

I disagree I don't think it relates much at all boring to me is lack on interest or excitement while playing the game and I just dont feel either.

Haywire you should just stop arguing with these kids that haven't hit puberty yet, its only their nature to flame you back until you accept their ideas (in teh internet)...

They make a thread to hear peoples opinions only to try to force their own on theirs.

PS: This whole thread has gone haywire.. :thumbsup:

Last edited:
That simply is not true!!!

I dont what you are on, but it seems to me that you are on that CHEEZE if your thinking that kinda crap, noones forcing anyone, plus if someone was forcing him, "which i believe they werent" they didnt put a gun on his head to agree with that person did he?
No, so then i suggest you go back to where ever you came from!!

(No Flaming, is what it says, and it seems to me that, that is what you are trying to do!)

Miragepie said:
Haywire you should just stop arguing with these kids that haven't hit puberty yet, its only their nature to flame you back until you accept their ideas (in teh internet)...

They make a thread to hear peoples opinions only to try to force their own on theirs.
dude, were not argueing. so shut up, u dont know wat ur talkin about. and i didnt make this to state my own opinions, i just asked people why they dont like ssb, and they reply. were not argueing, u sound like u havent hit puberty yet. i totally respect haywires opinions. all i was doing was asking him questions. read the last couple of post i made. f00l. and yea, u flammed.

Last edited:
Back