Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

who here is mad at.....

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii Chat' started by tampa2012, Jan 15, 2008.

1. tampa2012

tampa2012 SSBB with the blue blur..

Wii Friend Code: 8980-5679-2090-4980
    8980-5679-2090-4980
    who here doesnt like people who say video games are stupid,imature, and the reason for violence in the 21st century,sure some games are violent such as gta,scarface,gears of war,halo, and god of war.but really i believe most people are just naturally violent,or were raised around violence,but come on the goverment is just tryin to find another target and video games are is an one target,but really just answer the question.

2. 261311

261311 The Man on Ice

I think it's the media in general. If you're going to blame someone for violence, blame the news. They report 80% tragedy and thus, humans don't know any better. Video games do (and apparently have been proven) to cause violent thoughts, but violent actions produce violent thoughts, what can I say? 1000's don't go out after playing GTA or Scarface and Curb stomp someone, steal a car... or commit any felonies for that matter. A lot use video games as release.

In short, I don't hate the haters, I pity their ignorance.

3. LA_Soldier

LA_Soldier Elite Warrior

Wii Friend Code: 6535-0215-9562-7152
    6535-0215-9562-7152
    I get mad when they say that but WOW u sounded really mad when u wrote this.

4. d_k

d_k Blahhh

Wii Friend Code: 7162-8575-3268-1906
    7162-8575-3268-1906
    i dont think its video games affecting my behavior
    you dont see me walking around in red overalls jumping on turtles.....

5. MirakTheLa

MirakTheLa WiiChat Member

The idea that video games cause people to have violent thoughts is completely ridiculous. Its just a bunch of people who refuse to admit the fact that they are failures as parents, so they blame their child's aggression on the video games that they play.

Maybe if they had more people staying together, they wouldn't have as many kids who show more aggression.

6. 261311

261311 The Man on Ice

Yes and no. Studies have gathered results that impulse activity raises when playing something violent compared to something placid and boring in some part of your brain that harbors aggression. To me though, that doesn't mean crap because there's no way they've tested this theory on a wide variety of patients and games.

7. T3kNi9e

T3kNi9e Conquistador

If playing a game gives you an impulse to also do something violent then its just that person. Has to do with your mentality, not the actual game. I blame more of the violence on TV. But then again, people have their right to the 1st amendment and should be able to say whatever they want, which involves movies/music/games. What kind of country would we be if the government stopped people from doing something that did not directly harm people.

8. MirakTheLa

Bull. The violence in movies,TV, and games causes us to be less responsive to other violent actions we might see in movies, TV, and games. But if we still violence happening in real life, we'd respond the same way we would have our entire life.

Its in the mind, not the video game.

Scientist studies haven't proven anything.

9. Dkw0101

Dkw0101 Your Savior

Wii Friend Code: 3156-1824-0023-3057
    3156-1824-0023-3057
    i think it's video games but thats only because the parents let their children play the games and such, also the war in iraq didn't help much with it either

10. MirakTheLa

...You blame the violence in kids in America on the War in Iraq?

I don't think I even need to explain how dumb that is.

11. mushroomedmario

mushroomedmario ssb4life

Wii Friend Code: 5701-4561-7633-7008
    5701-4561-7633-7008
    i was just doing that a couple of minutes ago

but in most mario games(excluding super mario bros 2) he wears blue overalls

12. castlezelda

castlezelda WiiChat Member

Wii Friend Code: 0000-0000-0000-0000
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    In Scarface, GTA or those other violent games. When you blow someones head off or drop kick someone in mortal kombat. People should blame violence on video games. Video games don't think for you, don't feel for you.
    Its that persons act that leads to violence. Violence in video games is a great stress reliver. some people don't see that. Imagin someone got home from work very stressed out and starts to play a exetremely violent shooter game and when he or she is done they said "ahh my stress is gone".
    I don't have to many violent games but when ever i'm stressed I pop in MK, Scarface or House of the dead 2. So Some people blame the games for violents like they blamed Marliyn Manson for the columbine shooting.

So some people should think before they start playing the blame game which i think is the most popular game we have is the blame game.

#12 castlezelda, Jan 15, 2008
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2008
  13. T3kNi9e

T3kNi9e Conquistador

Even on Mario Bros. 2 with the cover art showing him wearing red overalls, he still wore blue overalls in the game.

14. romj

romj WiiChat Member

Ohh...I"m sorry I looked up the word...

I agree with you. Now I gotta get that hedious image outta my mind...

15. raisinghelen

raisinghelen WiiChat Member

Movies and Tv probably have done more to desensitize people than video games have. Its all just part of societys moral decline and it can't be blamed on one source alone.

If somebody is crazy enough to commit murder though then chances are they would do it regardless of whether they played a game or not.

16. Monsteroids

Monsteroids Psychedelic Snail

Wii Friend Code: 6069-9016-3559-6279
    6069-9016-3559-6279
    Thoughts are different from actions. Every being on the Earth has probably had a violent thought, but to pull it off without real reason (defense, hunger, even vengance) is different all together and is unlikely for someone to do, even a media slave. So for someone to pull off an action without reason it usually is out of a mix of their environment (people, possessions, etc.) and their own mental stability.

17. Sterculius

Sterculius WiiChat Member

you know....violent video games were the cause of The Holocaust and The Crusades and the Spanish Inquisition and the Salem Witch hunts....oh wait, those things happened BEFORE video games? well, i guess games aren't the root cause of violence.

it's futile to argue with the people who actually believe that games cause violence. most of them are going off of hype and will not even consider listening to reason. it's like that whole fiasco that happened years ago back on the Sega CD with the game Night Trap. people got all up in arms and thought it was a violent game with rape and murder and scantily dressed women doing all sorts of unsavory things at a slumber party.

turns out it was all hype, the only part of their accusation they really had correct was that it was some kind of slumber party. everything else was as about as tame as an episode of power rangers. I remember this very distinctly, one of the developers asked a politician of some kind who was protesting the game if he had even played it before jumping to such ridiculous conclusions and his words were "I don't have to".

So you see, alot of the people complaining about games being the cause of this or that, really don't know what they're even complaining about most of the time. It's obvious they're wrong, or else everytime one of these A-list violent games hits we would have hundreds of thousands, or even millions of copy-cat acts of violence. But do we? No. Case closed.

18. cookiemonsta11111

cookiemonsta11111 Huge Member

Wii Friend Code: 2154-9969-3510-2243
    2154-9969-3510-2243
    I totally agree.

Mature gaming does not condone violence and anger for me games release my anger preventing me from punching a baby or going all Columbine.

GIVE US AUSSIE'S AN R RATING!!!!

19. cookiemonsta11111

cookiemonsta11111 Huge Member

Wii Friend Code: 2154-9969-3510-2243
    2154-9969-3510-2243
    And to completely disregard everyone's belief people such as the Angry German Kid are evidence that video games can enrage people which may cuase further repercussions.

soz for Double Posting :nono:

20. The L.S

The L.S WiiChat Member

I believe Video games(and movies... and TV... and the Internet...) can desensitize a human towards violence. I normally just stay away from M games simply because: Whats the point? Why do I need to see buckets of gore on a shooter when I can have just as much fun on a bloodless shooter? I do think theres a difference when you see the effects of a headshot, then just a body falling to the ground.

But for those who enjoy those games- Obviously if they are a kid, if the parents are parents they should take care of it, and decide what is right for the family. I don't think we need medical studies to show us that playing GTA, or GoW, or anything else can do things mentally. But its up to the parents, not the Government, or any other special interest group.