Who is bothered by Play History?

dchao

WiiChat Member
Apr 17, 2007
SF Bay Area
I am a bit concerned about the inability to clear this system record, and this info could be used by Nintendo for their own marketing purpose. I don't wish my game playing habit to be broadcasted to the Internet! Anyone else?

Play History
- Data collection function, which cannot be cleared
- Will be used by Nintendo (with user consent) to pool data into useful statistical categories; i.e. "most played game of the year"

I don't care, I guess. I mean, when your life is judge by your social security number, I don't thinl there is nothing worst than the social security number

TiredOfSex said:
it says "With user consent"

I think that once you connect it to the internet you are saying yes, maybe I am wrong.

lol well i can see no one read the terms and conditions of using Wii online lol,itll be written in there somewhere im sure

Who cares if they see you playing Super Paper Mario for 10 hours a day. This is a good thing, it's saying to Nintendo, "I like Super Paper Mario, I will most definately buy the next edition of it". Therefore Nintendo will make another Super Paper Mario.

Wiily Good said:
Who cares if they see you playing Super Paper Mario for 10 hours a day. This is a good thing, it's saying to Nintendo, "I like Super Paper Mario, I will most definately buy the next edition of it". Therefore Nintendo will make another Super Paper Mario.
highly agree, plus when online play comes im sure itll mention hours of online play too,same as above if ninty sees us playing it there more likely to develop towards us :thumbsup:

Almo said:
highly agree, plus when online play comes im sure itll mention hours of online play too,same as above if ninty sees us playing it there more likely to develop towards us :thumbsup:
but that will just encourage Nintendo to rehash the same games that over and over until we are all bored to death, and we will never get any creativity coming from Nintendo. Great games are always developed in a totally different genre, such as Pac Man and Super Mario Bros, we want great games but not just the rehash of old ones.

But don't you think Nintendo should have given us the option to clear the game history data only (apart from wiping out your entire system memory)?

dchao said:
but that will just encourage Nintendo to rehash the same games that over and over until we are all bored to death, and we will never get any creativity coming from Nintendo. Great games are always developed in a totally different genre, such as Pac Man and Super Mario Bros, we want great games but not just the rehash of old ones.

But don't you think Nintendo should have given us the option to clear the game history data only (apart from wiping out your entire system memory)?
true in part, but i doubt nintendo will continue to rehash games, sure theyll put more effort into sequals for a start but im not sure nintendo is so short sighted that theyll put all thier eggs in one basket,there will always be other games, and yeah i think they should have,im not sure how much memory theyll take up but over a few years im sure itll build up.

well its the whole parents thing..for me..my rents say...you can play wii for 2houts..and then thats it! then do ur homework..then i get caught playing more then 2 hours!

I think its a great idea for Nintendo to know the playing habits of its customers to release games and such according to this data.

I don't mind them knowing my habits with gaming. Only thing that annoys me is you can't delete the records on your calender view at all - There are going to be a lot of them after a year or so. Also, it makes finding mail annoying; Open the calender look back and try and pick out which 'envelop' marker on a day is actually mail not just "you played such and such for so many hours". It means I have to go through days one by one to find anything.

Invasion of privacy

Andrakis_Scarr said:
I don't mind them knowing my habits with gaming.
But how far would you let your parents/corporations spy on you? Would you let them know your IM history? or maybe your browsing habit? Would you be happy if your PC is loaded with spyware?

Nintendo should disclose to users that their gaming histories are being track when you switch on the system the first time and provide the ability to turn them off if the users wish to do so.

Let me remind all of you: Invasion of privacy is a legal term essentially defined as a violation of the right to be left alone. The right to privacy is the right to control property against search and seizure, and to control information about oneself.

Back