Who uses a Mac?

I have a mac

Only ever use it when its pissing it down

paintba||er said:

Under 100? Unless I'm missing something, there is Zero for OS X. There are some for classic Mac but not for OS X. There have been a few security issues, but none of them are actually viruses.
sorry my bad, i was using the word virus as a whole word including things such as worms and trojans :)
but just because there arn't any now, doesn't mean there won't be one relised in the next 10 minutes :(

Gaz: you don't say much. But when you do it's always good.

Very nicely put. The biggest fear for Mac users are malicious scripts. But if you admin password for the first time running apps, you can easily Id anything that you may not want to run.

sigh, ignorance is bliss aint it. And yes I am referring to you. I did not come here to start a mac vs pc debate, nor is this the thread for it. The bias is so thick in here you could swim in it. Sadly mac fanboys are worse than wii fanboys.

I will say this though, Gaz you are in lala land kiddo. Enjoy the world of make believe while your still young.

Shiftfallout said:
sigh, ignorance is bliss aint it. And yes I am referring to you. I did not come here to start a mac vs pc debate, nor is this the thread for it. The bias is so thick in here you could swim in it. Sadly mac fanboys are worse than wii fanboys.

I will say this though, Gaz you are in lala land kiddo. Enjoy the world of make believe while your still young.
I'm not a Mac fanboy. I have a PC sitting right under my Mac, with Windows XP, Windows Vista, and Linux on it. If Microsoft or anyone else were to come out with an excellent OS, I would probably ditch my Mac for it. But as of now I have yet to find anything that I prefer over OS X.

paintba||er said:

I'm not a Mac fanboy. I have a PC sitting right under my Mac, with Windows XP, Windows Vista, and Linux on it. If Microsoft or anyone else were to come out with an excellent OS, I would probably ditch my Mac for it. But as of now I have yet to find anything that I prefer over OS X.

I wasnt talking specifically to you, your not as bad as a few of them on here.

As for which has the better OS? That really depends on the user. The mac OS is far from perfect, Windows isnt very user friendly but can do a lot more. Its all about looking at the bigger picture. Ill be honest though, when I use the Mac OS i feel retarded, not because I dont know how to use it but rather it doesnt let me do what I can on windows.

[MEDIA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iEAGmBRC1dc[/MEDIA]

Shiftfallout said:
As for which has the better OS? That really depends on the user. The mac OS is far from perfect, Windows isnt very user friendly but can do a lot more. Its all about looking at the bigger picture. Ill be honest though, when I use the Mac OS i feel retarded, not because I dont know how to use it but rather it doesnt let me do what I can on windows.
You say that yet you don't give any specific examples.

paintba||er said:

You say that yet you don't give any specific examples.

because I dont want this to turn into a damn 50 page debate which always happens. I get enough sh1T as it is for typing more than some of these kids can read.

Shift you sure talk a lot of ****.

You're calling us Mac fanboys? How can you even breath with your head that far up Bill Gates' ass?

iMac 20inch (intel core duo) moms
mac pro 2.66ghz with 4gb ram and 30inch display and 1.5ter of storage(which is our multimedia center) and dads machine
i have a macbook black 2.16ghz just got yest
and sister has older blackmacbook 2ghz

I have a MacBook 1.83ghz dual core 1 gb ram. I think the extras you get with Mac are well worth the extra cost. Also, I paid 180 for the 3 year warranty and it's already paid for itself. Because I haul it to class all the time the cable started to fray and I got my free replacement the next day. I was also having a little problem with the screen, so they airmailed me a box with tape, padding and a airmail label and they had it fixed within 1 day. The whole thing took 3 days. Not only did they fix my screen but they noticed my dvd drive was having troubles taking dvds and replaced it. they noticed I had put a hairline crack in the palmrest and replaced the whole bottom case and replaced my wearing trackpad. I didn't mention any of that to them they just did it. Not to mention that iLife package and all the other nice software they package in. 10.5 is going to own.

Also, Shift, and anyone else that thinks you can't do as much with your mac as you can with windows, I felt the same way at first. Things are just located differently but I've also found that if I can't do something I can bring up the Unix terminal and do it manually. It's a matter of changing the way you think.

Last edited:
Shiftfallout said:

well you should come join, it's lovely, i wasn't at all saying one is better than the other, i use both daily, designing and coding on mac, as well as coding on PC. i'm no fan boy, i've only been using mac's for a year. all i was doing was mearly stating truth from 'fact'

Shiftfallout said:
I wasnt talking specifically to you, your not as bad as a few of them on here.

No operating system is perfect... Windows can do what it can do, mac can do what mac can do. they both do common tasks of an OS, and both do them well, each does other little things, you might feel retarded in OS X because it works differently, and all the short cut keys are different, but that doesn't make it any worse or better than Windows, it's different it doesn't come to you in 3 seconds of use. You can't compare windows and OS X, there designed from two different aspects, and are desigend to do things well. OS X is better at multi-threading and Windows is best for the old biddies as it's user friendly orientated.

if you wanna say my name, say it, i really don't mind if you think i'm a fan boy, but please understand my point of view, not trying to say mac does this windows does that, just giving you one side of the story

tank said:
Gaz: you don't say much. But when you do it's always good.
Quality not qunantity ;)

Last edited:
Back