Who Won E3?

This is as dumb as it gets.

E3 IS NOT AN AWARD SHOW! Watch the grammys or even some American Idol.

E3 is not an award show but there will be awards given from top gaming websites such as ign and gamespot. Awards such as:

Best E3 demo: Red Steel 2
Best New Tech Demo: Natal
Best Trailer: New Star Wars PC game

Not even though there's the E3 Awards segment?

True but I just get sick of all this "OH NINTENDO SHOULD'VE ANNOUNCED ZELDA, F-ZERO, AND AN XBOX 360-TYPE CONTROLLER AND THEY WOULD HAVE PWN!!!!! BUT THEY DIDNT!! FAIL!!!" jibber.

Nintendo is a *Gasp* business! They won't unveil everything under the hood in one night. It's what put Nintendo 64 in a hole. It's just bad for business.

You missed the entire point and in true critic fashion focused on finding the fault within my statements. It is not your right to criticize anything, it is no more your right to continually find fault within the world then it is to walk up to someone and slap them in the head with fish. It is your right to express your opinion, but doing so does not entitle you to anything. Which brings us to my point, just be happy. It is an inherent belief of today's youth that they are entitled to all the greatness in the world, you are not. Earn it, those before you did and so should you.

As to how criticism has allowed capitalism to thrive, I'm sorry I don't see the connection. I was under the impression capitalism thrived thru free enterprise, collaboration, innovation and a sound infrastructure, perhaps I was wrong. According to your statement it thrives because individuals such as yourself spend their time finding fault with the world they live in. Ok, so if that is true let's think about this for a moment. Let's say their are 20 people in a room carving toothpicks, out of those 20, 1 is actually carving a toothpick the other 19 are criticizing the poor single souls every attempt, you are correct sir I see how under criticism production can increase, allowing for greater quantities of goods to be produced, in turn creating a consistent and even market flow which will allow for continuous growth and investment. Instead of 20 people producing twenty usable toothpicks in an hour, we now have one person producing the perfect toothpick based on the opinions of 19 critics, seriously how could a system like that not thrive. Yes I am taking it to extremes, but once again just trying to make a point. Don't get all bent either I know the point you are trying to make, there has to be opinions in order for innovation and creativity to flow, I get it, but say that, don't make a broad generalization. I probably shouldn't have made the comment about fanboys, but I did, life goes, who gives a ****, move on.

And yes there are negative statements in this post, read it again they are there.

I have no desire to argue the merits of your words over mine, I simply had one thing to say "who gives a ****" seriously. With all that is happening around us does it really matter who the biggest bad ass on the block is? Be happy we still have games, with the way things are going and the advent of liberal protective society in the years to come we may all be reduced once again to pong, by those who wish to save us from ourselves.

If any of you think I am overreacting or being the biggest ass in the world, sorry. All I wanted to say was "who gives a **** who won, we all still have great games to play so be happy and stop worrying about **** that just doesn't matter"

You make good points =)

Capitalism has thrived on all the points you have made, yes, but you're forgetting that it's criticism that continuously sends companies back to the drawing board to deliver better and better products. It matters little what the other nineteen toothpick makers have to say about the one; what matters the most is what the consumer has to say. Let me use another, more literal example. If we lived in a country whose government has made illegal the criticism of the products we consume, then wouldn't it be true that we'd be stuck with products that we may not necessarily care for, but those that our government felt were appropriate? And if that were the case, why would companies ever feel the need to better themselves and their products? We'd be stuck with the beta versions of, well, everything.

Thankfully, we don't live in such a world. We live in a world that allows free expression (and enterprise), a world that says even the commoner counts. How has this allowed for capitalism to thrive? Well, let's just say that only the best products survive, and the rest get fizzled out. Want your company to stay afloat? Listen to the commoner and produce what they need.

True but I just get sick of all this "OH NINTENDO SHOULD'VE ANNOUNCED ZELDA, F-ZERO, AND AN XBOX 360-TYPE CONTROLLER AND THEY WOULD HAVE PWN!!!!! BUT THEY DIDNT!! FAIL!!!" jibber.

Nintendo is a *Gasp* business! They won't unveil everything under the hood in one night. It's what put Nintendo 64 in a hole. It's just bad for business.

best post of the thread.. ill agree about N64 what a shame :( lol.. But seriously who gives a damn who won??? im just happy that wii is getting some of the "hardcore" games it deserves! other than that i thought each system had their ups and downs at E3. Im still sketical about project natal... just seems weird to not have to push any buttons.. Who the hell did it know the kid was giving the car gas?? i guess they need to release more on it..

<RANT>
And im for motion sensing and im not.. My main reason is this and it might sound dumb to some of you.. but to the older crowd it might make sense.. anyway... the reason im against motion control is this.. I still have a NES and it works. i have 2 boys ages 6 and 3. Now ill hook up the NES and let them try mario 3 and all the fun old games we used to play, the kids cant play them, now if you hook up mario galaxy or mario kart they are monsters.. **** my 3 year old can drive with the wiimote... so to me motion sensing takes out some of the classic ways to play. But then again i love using the wiimote!! but im a verteran gammer unlike my kids haha.. </RANT>

I think imma have to agree with my bro on this one. not with his ranting....I say he takes away the wii from the boys and makes them play SNES for awhile till they develop skill...cuz like I have been telling him...they're spoiled! Lol.

I thought that Nintendo had the best line up of games at E3. Super Mario Galaxy 2, Super Mario Bros Wii, Metroid: Other M, Sin & Punishment 2, Wii Sports Resort, Wii Fit Plus, Endless Ocean 2, Muramasa The Demon Blade, Red Steel 2, The Conduit, The Grinder, Gladiator AD, Shiren The Wanderer, Ju-On The Grudge, Silent Hill Shattered Memories, Dead Space Extraction, Shaun White World Stage, TMNT Smash Up, Tatsunoku vs. Capcom, Final Fantasy Crystal Bearers, No More Heroes 2 and others that I can't even remember. Anyone who says 'Nintendo just had another Mario and Metroid', well you either have blinkers on or are just plain crazy.

How can Mario Galaxy 2 being more of the same be a bad thing? The first game was GOTY, one of the highest rated games of all time and a whole lot of fun, yet people criticize a sequel. Then they'll rave about GOW3, FF14 and Halo, which are all sequels too. Double standards run rife.

People also raving over Microsoft's and Sony's motion controls and stating that they made them winners, well it might if the controllers were not totally useless for this gen. For next gen they could be great but unless every single console owner buys them they will just be a gimmick for this gen. Games will have to keep the traditional control set or risk alienating a large section of their buyers, so the motions would be a tacked on as an additional control scheme. From playing a lot of Wii ports it is clear that tacked on motions as an after thought are not good. I kind of think that Microsoft and Sony missed the boat a bit too, as the best part of the Wii controls imo is not the motion controls but actually the IR pointer.

I also find it very ironic that for the past 3 years the majority of HD fanboys having been slating the Wii and its motion controls, yet as soon as Sony and Microsoft announce theirs they are hailing them as fantastic.

Anyway, who 'won' out of Nintendo, Sony and Microsoft is really irrelevant. The real winners of E3 were the gamers, as there are great games coming out for all 3 systems.

I think imma have to agree with my bro on this one. not with his ranting....I say he takes away the wii from the boys and makes them play SNES for awhile till they develop skill...cuz like I have been telling him...they're spoiled! Lol.

Lol thanks bro! check out the 360 and PS3 sections, they should have some good **** in there for ya... I wish i still had the SNES.... megaman soccer was the ****! but ill make them play NES or "old man wii" as they call it.

I couldnt agree more Raisinghelen.. I remember back when it was launch time for all the new consoles.. and all the 360 and PS3 members on these boards constantly attacked the wiis motion controls, calling them a gimick and that it was just stupid... NOW look at them!!! lol gotta love it...

By the time nintendo's next console comes out who knows how their motion controls gonna work.. we already have the wii motion plus... just think of the possiblities for the future...

Last edited:
wii and ps3 were my fav

project natal or whatever willl prob fail I mean...its microsoft

I liked how wii is finally getting games I want and now theres even more ps3 games I want

my poor debbit card :(

for the motion sensing wiimotion plus will prob dominate, what ps3 is getting will prob be pretty good and microsoft's won't be succesfull

Last edited:
All of them did fairly well. All of them had some titles that would please their fan base and some other tid bits that sparked some interest and buzz.

best post of the thread

Thanks.

<RANT>
And im for motion sensing and im not.. My main reason is this and it might sound dumb to some of you.. but to the older crowd it might make sense.. anyway... the reason im against motion control is this.. I still have a NES and it works. i have 2 boys ages 6 and 3. Now ill hook up the NES and let them try mario 3 and all the fun old games we used to play, the kids cant play them, now if you hook up mario galaxy or mario kart they are monsters.. **** my 3 year old can drive with the wiimote... so to me motion sensing takes out some of the classic ways to play. But then again i love using the wiimote!! but im a verteran gammer unlike my kids haha.. </RANT>

That's exactly why Nintendo invented the Wiimote. Before the Wii many people were intimidated by gaming. Gamers were becoming more and more like a creepy darkroom cult.

raisinghelen said:
How can Mario Galaxy 2 being more of the same be a bad thing? The first game was GOTY, one of the highest rated games of all time and a whole lot of fun, yet people criticize a sequel. Then they'll rave about GOW3, FF14 and Halo, which are all sequels too. Double standards run rife.

Double standards run gamers in general.

I also find it very ironic that for the past 3 years the majority of HD fanboys having been slating the Wii and its motion controls, yet as soon as Sony and Microsoft announce theirs they are hailing them as fantastic

"Motion controls gimmick kids counsol."
Sony MS fanboys are the worst hypocrites.

JeremyGTS said:
Lol thanks bro!

Why not just give him a call!! lol

Thanks for kicking up this thread a notch(raisinghelen/the bros.). It did start off slow. And welcome to Wiichat Bros.

I also find it very ironic that for the past 3 years the majority of HD fanboys having been slating the Wii and its motion controls, yet as soon as Sony and Microsoft announce theirs they are hailing them as fantastic.

I didn't know there was such thing as 'HD fanboys'. Yes people may call each other fanboys for supporting different systems as everyone has a different point of view. However there is a significant different between HD and SD, HD being far superior. I don't think there's any disagreement in that, so no 'fanboys'.

Back