Who You Gonna Call

Tacos

Banned
Nov 15, 2006
GHOSTBUSTERS!!!!

Looks really cool. It would be perfect for the Wii too.

I don't have audio here, so I couldn't listen to all of the videos to see if they said anything about Wii, so thread placement police, don't get mad at me if I have this in the wrong place.

***post deleted by users - accedental double post***

Last edited:
Sorry to burst the bubble here, but it's fake. It's either some CGI student who is about to get an A. Or its a mock up to try to get publishers to hop on.

It's fake for a couple reasons.
1. The first clip looks like a Gears of War MOD.
2. The clip of the ECTO 1 Driving is pretty shotty, no game would pass for that today.
3. No information about it online.
4. The last clip Bill Murray's line is straight jacked from Ghostbusters 2 and there's an ABC logo. No game is going to pay for those licenses when created ones could be just as easily used. And besides if you are familiar with Bill Murray you would know there's a snowballs chance in hell that he would allow his voice to be used for a video game.

I'm not saying it can't happen, I'm just saying it wont happen anytime soon.

That being said:
"RAY WHEN SOMEONE ASKS IF YOU ARE A GOD YOU ALWAYS SAY YES!"

dear god I really hope not, the GB franchise ended prefectly years ago with the second movie, then they ****ed it up with xtreme ghostbuster the cartoon. Just leave the classics alone hollywood! as for the game, No.

It's good that our bubbles haven't been burst. This game is real and currently under development by ZootFly.

http://www.zootfly.com/
http://www.gamespot.com/news/6164344.html?tag=latestnews;title;0

The second link is a Q&A with one of the developers about it and he mentions his opinion about the Wii, but as to this Ghostbusters game, there is no mention of it coming to the Wii. But they did mention they would like to get their other game, TimeO, on the Wii.

"The videos were posted by the game's developer, Slovenia-based ZootFly, who later admitted that the Xbox 360 game was merely a prototype and that intellectual-property issues momentarily sidelined its development."

which is what i said more or less.

that game still looks cool even if it is a prototype

That really isn't what you said, more or less. You said it was fake and there was no information online about it. I was merely informing the members here that this game is real and there is a good chance that it will be released.

The IP problem more than likely has to do with licensing and the Ghostbusters movie plot, quotes, and characters, which the ZootFly CEO says that "There's actually no insurmountable problem with getting the IP. It's just that extra mile someone needs to stride to get it."

He also mentions that the engine is based off of their other game currently in development, called TimeO, and is only a prototype. This could be changed or modified. The videos were released mainly to raise public awareness and start some hype to show that pursuing it wouldn't be a waste of time.

I'm not trying to start an argument war, just trying to get the facts straight.

i work at GS. and it has been confirmed it is going to come out. but not for a later year or so.

i didnt check for preorders tho. i dont think they are available yet.

Back