Whopping Wii Profit.

lansaguy said:
Funny how they always state "plus 5 games!" for the Sports disk that comes with every Wii anyway. But this guy went a step further listing the power supply, sensor bar, and console stand! At least there are 2 wii-motes.
Not his fault that there's someone willing to bid that much.
As soon as Nintendo finally makes enough to keep shelves stocked all of this madness will go away.

agreed. Its a shame that wont happen untill they release it every major country first.

Lets break this down:

Shiftfallout said:
Forgive me but.. where is this ps3 vs wii rant, i dont seem to see one in here? Could be your mistaken.

Shiftfallout said:
You know, if any one complains about the PS3's price, you could always buy a wii, sell it, and then you would have enough for a PS3. All for the price of a wii. Wierd.
^^^^^^^^^^^
I saw That as a slight PS3 Vs Wii Price Bid LMAO

Shiftfallout said:
As for them being smart, i wouldnt say its smart. Its just taking advantage of less supply and high demand.

Which is a SMART option to take

Shiftfallout said:
I dont think thats smart as much as I think its just using simple rules of supply and demand. Do you also think its smart when people buy wii's in bulk to resell it for more?

I don't do it myself but I consider it Smart yes

Shiftfallout said:
Even if it forces the normal consumer to pay prices more close to the ps3 than what the wii's recommended retail price was set for?

Who's Forcing them to buy off Ebay etc? And the recommended price is for Shops, 'Recommended' It's still up to the shops what they charge though if everyone charges £180 and a Certain shop charges £200 they're less likely to sell... But it goes back to Supply and Demand

Yeah, I don't take offense to scalping.
But it does take away from the regular consumer who want to buy for the actual price. It's kind of a rip off from regular people.

blueradio said:
Yeah, I don't take offense to scalping.
But it does take away from the regular consumer who want to buy for the actual price. It's kind of a rip off from regular people.

Yeah I agree it's unfair but like I said No One Forces them to pay that Price and it is a Smart choice. I mean it may not be right for buyers but for Selling it's Smart

Wii_Smurf said:
^^^^^^^^^^^
I saw That as a slight PS3 Vs Wii Price Bid LMAO

You termed it as a Ps3 vs Wii "RANT". That was not only a gross overexageration but there was nothing in what i said that gave favor to either system, merely a means to get the PS3 cheaper if price was the only thing hold them back.

Tsk tsk for twisting words around. You should know better than that.

Who's Forcing them to buy off Ebay etc? And the recommended price is for Shops, 'Recommended' It's still up to the shops what they charge though if everyone charges £180 and a Certain shop charges £200 they're less likely to sell... But it goes back to Supply and Demand

Well as you can see, we are in different countries therefore things might be done differently. No one is forcing them to buy off ebay, but many, if they want a wii, are forced to resort to paying much higher than what nintendo recommends as a retail price. Look at it this way, many people have full time professional jobs, they cant "not" goto work and try and camp a store waiting for a shipment of wiis. Usually when a shipment does come it, people, much like vulcher's decend up on it. Most with the intent of reselling it for much more. Take a look at ebay, notice how many of the same people keep sellings wiis, notice how quite a few even show pictures of 10 or more boxes from one store. Supply and demand can be a nasty thing when not regulated.
In africa, shipments of medicine come in, often gangs will take them all and then people, if they want that medicine or food, have to pay much much more to get them. Thats also considered supply and demand no? So its all really how you look at it.

I got one on release day from argos for £180 (£350), I was damned pleased with that. Had the chance to sell it for £320 ($621).....so I did.

As soon as I got the chance I ordered one from amazon for £180 and got it a week later. I kept it in the box until christmas day, well worth the wait.

Simply the best console I've ever had and i'm loving it. A fantastic machine.

Last edited:
Guy I know has pre-ordered 5 PS3s, and he's selling 4 on e-bay and keeping one for himself.

Grand or two each..think of the proffit.

surfinrach90 said:
Guy I know has pre-ordered 5 PS3s, and he's selling 4 on e-bay and keeping one for himself.

Grand or two each..think of the proffit.

Why would anyone ebay a PS3 when they can just go to a gamestore and buy one for regular price?

If you could sell a PS3 for 1k US, I would have sold mine LONG ago

Maybe if we're talking last year during release week..

I go to many sporting events and count on scalpers half the time. Its usually my fault if I don't get tickets in advance, and I'm willing to pay a sclaper for my lack of preperation. The fact that scalping is a relativley new phenomenon to gaming, is the only reason it is getting so much attention. I bought my wii retail after a lot of searching, a week longer of hunting and I probably would have broke down and bought one throught more expensive channels.
No qualms with people trying to make a buck.

Back