whos had a broken 360

I have a launch console and have only had one problem(knock on wood)... I got the "death lights" and called up microsoft and they not only extended my warranty but paid for the shipping and everything(which is how it should be, although I had to have my PS2 fixed about 7 times and Sony did not pay for any of my shipping :( )

so to answer the OP,

YES

:wtf: Never why do I hear of all these people getting a broken xbox 360 I know a bunch of friends that have a 360 and never had any problem plus theres a three year warrenty

This is a STUPID thread. Most people with a good 360 won't take the time to reply, but the one's with a bad 360 probably will. So your stats on broken 360's suck.

I doubt that more than 5% of the 360's have this problem. Anyway, who cares on a Wii forum?

Take your junk somewhere else.

wiisgood said:
This is a STUPID thread. Most people with a good 360 won't take the time to reply, but the one's with a bad 360 probably will. So your stats on broken 360's suck.

I doubt that more than 5% of the 360's have this problem. Anyway, who cares on a Wii forum?

Take your junk somewhere else.

Funny that you say that...Microsoft just admitted that every 360 is defective, which can lead to broken systems.

And apparently they are probably going to recall all 360's shipped to retailers before a certain date.

So basically they were selling defective systems for over a year.

I love my 360, but Microsoft pisses me off.

Lol i bought 3 faulty xbox360s in a row!!!!
So decided xbox360 is pathetic and got a Wii instead.
Just to let you known that Microsoft got suied for xbox360s because too many are faulty (1 in 7) and also after a period of time xbox360s scratch the games inside the machine.

Microsoft such

Nintendo Rules the planet.

Sony is cool.

Link888 said:
Lol i bought 3 faulty xbox360s in a row!!!!
So decided xbox360 is pathetic and got a Wii instead.
Just to let you known that Microsoft got suied for xbox360s because too many are faulty (1 in 7) and also after a period of time xbox360s scratch the games inside the machine.

Microsoft such

Nintendo Rules the planet.

Sony is cool.

It only scratches the games if you are dumb enough to move it while the disc is loaded.

I have replaced my 360 3 times, well actually now its going to be 4. It just keeps freezing during online play, Im not sure if its those damn updates that are goofing it up or something with the game. My first xbox 360 was from launch, when Microsoft only offered 3 month warranty, it was only 10 months old when it went down and those bastards wanted to charge me 140 bucks to fix their screw up! I found a website how to fix it but it didnt last too long. From that point on I got the extended warranty from the store, but the longest one so far is almost 3 months and now its freezing. So I'm returning it for a exchange. I got the 12 month LIVE play and I wont get any money back on that so I will keep buying them until my subscription runs out. I heard PS3 sucks, is that true?

Mitch2025 said:
my launch box died not too long ago. i just tried to fix it yesterday since it was out of warrentee by taking off the GPU heatsink and cleaning the old thermal paste and adding arctic silver 5 to it (best thermal paste EVER!!!) but it didnt fix it so my xbox died by something other than a heat issue :(. good thing i have an extra :)

EDIT: SON OF A B****!!! MS just upped the warrentee to 3 f***ing years!!! I COULD HAVE GOTTEN IT FIXED IF I WAITED 1 MORE DAY!!!

what luck :(
Source: http://www.xbox-scene.com/xbox1data/sep/EElFyyAEVVwFiIQOkS.php

Call them up. They'll issue you a refund.

paintba||er said:

That would be an opinion. You can't ask if it is true because it may or may not be depending on who you ask. I would say no, it doesn't suck since there are many, many games that interest me coming out for it.

They have 2 good exclusive games coming out. Gran Turismo and Metal Gear Solid. At least it has a solid blu-ray player in it though. The Xbox's HDDVD player sucks arse.

I had a launch Xbox that crapped out on me about 3 months ago. Microsoft decided that since I don't always have the red ring of death that mine doesn't fall under the extended warranty. WTF?! So now I get to pay $100 plus wait 4 to 6 weeks to get it back. Effing Microsoft.

VicSkimmr said:
Call them up. They'll issue you a refund.

They have 2 good exclusive games coming out. Gran Turismo and Metal Gear Solid. At least it has a solid blu-ray player in it though. The Xbox's HDDVD player sucks arse.

I had a launch Xbox that crapped out on me about 3 months ago. Microsoft decided that since I don't always have the red ring of death that mine doesn't fall under the extended warranty. WTF?! So now I get to pay $100 plus wait 4 to 6 weeks to get it back. Effing Microsoft.
They have many more exclusives than that. They have Heavenly Sword, Unreal Tournament, Ratchet and Clank, Haze, etc, etc. I made a list of ones that I was looking forward to a while ago, but I'm too lazy to find it again. The only future exclusives for the 360 that look great are Halo and Bioshock.

Mine hasn't died in the one and a half or more month(s)? that I have had it.

Back