Whos happy with Gordon Brown taking over (UK)

DazzeL said:
The trouble is he hasn't perhaps done as well as he could have considering the huge landslide victories of Labour in their first two terms. Though this third term has been plagued by the fact he said he would stand down, a mistake imo. He will be remembered as somewhat of a lost opportunity and for Iraq.

Exactly what I was thinking, he could have done better, but he didn't.
I also hate the fact that there's a BBC reporter who's been abducted, yet it feels as though the Government aren't doing anything about it. Though, they probably are, and it's a hard puzzle to figure out due to to get the reporter to be released, we have to release one of their guys, which could cause a threat to us; yet, they could attempt peace - however stupid that sounds, but why fight and such all the time, wasting countries money on fighting each other, when they could spend it on the health and well-being of the people living there? That's my thoughts, though I know for a fact, an agreement would never be made.

Oh these are arguements going way back
But if they want a wr
BRING IT ON!!!!!!

Camm,y can you try to be serious on this matter please and not asking for a war which will cause deaths of thousonds of people. . .

Cynic:lol:

Cammy, labour are in power, who ever is leader of Labour is Pm while they are in power.

Explain your veiw point cammy.

I am talking about England not united Kingdom.

Well
Say Tony Blair is voted in as Pm but then his party is not voted as the leading party
What would happen then

Your party needs to be in power.

That's an impossible situation Cammy. You don't vote for PM's. You vote for MP's and then the leader of the party with a pariliamentary majority becomes PM. Gordon Brown will be pm, the leadership contest will barely happen.

Wiired: Agreed with your comments over the reporter. But then, what can they do about it? We can't do a prisoner swap. It's not even that who we release will be a threat to us. It's simply that it will set a precedent that if you kidnap someone we will release a prisoner in return. The danger there is sparking a "kidnap spree' as it's seen as an effective means of getting what you want.

Back