Why 007 GoldenEye isn't Available

thats not why it not on vc. it cuz gold"Rare" made 007 goldeneye for N64 & their owned by microsoft now & they own rights of there past games developed by them themselfs DUH =P not even Conkers will be Vc unless nintendo buys rights or strikes a deal of some kind.

Last edited:
No, you're completly wrong.

I looked up the info of the game. This version of 007 is an enhanced remake of the 1997 N64 007 GoldenEye, but for Nintendo Wii and for the Nintendo DS Systems. The game was remade by another company outside the US and not by Rare. The company that is enhancing the original version is Eurocom.

Rare wasn't with Microsoft during the games creation. Rare was with Nintendo From 1993-2002 (007 N64 1997). In 2002, the British Game Studio, joined Microsoft.

Last edited:
No, you're completly wrong.

I looked up the info of the game. This version of 007 is an enhanced remake of the 1997 N64 007 GoldenEye, but for Nintendo Wii and for the Nintendo DS Systems. The game was remade by another company outside the US and not by Rare. The company that is enhancing the original version is Eurocom.

Rare wasn't with Microsoft during the games creation. Rare was with Nintendo From 1993-2002 (007 N64 1997). In 2002, the British Game Studio, joined Microsoft.
you misunderstand i'm saying the original goldeneye 007 was developed by "Rare"/"Gold" & thats why it wont be on vc unless nintendo strikes some sorta deal with the developer
what prinplup? Conquers is on nintendo...what you smoking
DG~x It was on N64 yes but it Made "developed by "RARE"/"Gold" wich is now owned by Microsoft, ever wonder why it was remade for xbox instead of gamecube or wii?

Last edited:
MGM owns 007 (Character, Music, Level design because they're based off the movie) and owns the rights to the game if it uses all of what I put in parenthesis. Since Rare wanted to make 007 GoldenEye, they had to pay MGM for the copyright of the Character, Music, and set design they were going to use for the game.

Since Rare decided to no longer make 007, EA paid for the copyrights, now Eurocom has. And since MGM owns GoldenEye, Eurocom can make changes since they own copyrights.

Since Eurocom is enhanching the N64 version, instead of limiting the game as just an Wii N64 Classic controller game, they've made it compatible for the Wii Controller, and the DS Touch Screen.

Actually, Activision holds the rights to making the 007 games.

They did try to make a remake of the N64 one and it was gonna be on the VC and XBLA but the deal fell through.

I know this game will never live up to the original (In fact, hardly any sequals live up to the originals) but it does look fun and I would like to have another 4-player game.

I found a better info site.

MGM Interactive Controls who makes the 007 games. So Activision owns rights to make 007 games, but so does Eurocom which helped with a enhanced version of GoldenEye from the N64 Version.

So MGM Interactive owns 007, and Activision just owns the rights to make the game.

Last edited:
well I think we can all agree after the release of activision's Goldeneye that the only thing Activision used of the original was the storyline and game modes. The storyline and game modes are only rough guidelines too, this Goldeneye "remake" is mostly a completely original game. Its not a bad game, but its closer to Call of Duty than it is the old Goldeneye and I wish that the old Goldeneye would just be released on Virtual Console.

But the fact remains, Activision reserves the rights to develop FUTURE games, they DO NOT own the rights to past games they didn't develop. RARE has their name on that game still, and until a definitive deal is made with Activision or Nintendo regarding the rights to the original Goldeneye, we won't see it on the Wii's Virtual Console.

The game was not a remake, it was an enhanced version of the old N64 version. The game was made to be very similar to Call of Duty, but the Multi-Player was to feel as retro as the Ole N64 style.

MGM owns the whole 007 industry meaning that Rare does not own the 007 Game period. They used the 007 Character (MGM Owns), Scenery (MGM Owns Through The Movie Rights), and Music (MGM Owns).

When Rare made DK64; Donkey Kong (Nintendo), Level Design (RARE), Music (Nintendo/Rare; if Rare added some), Sound Effects (Nintendo/Rare). Seems like Rare owns around 70% of DK64 Meaning they control the game.

Last edited:
Congratu-F**K-altions for posting on old Dead Thread. I mean really, nobody DOES give a **** anymore.

Back