Why AC2 and DI don't come to Wii?

stickmode

WiiChat Member
Feb 4, 2009
Hello, the last week on E3 I was looking some interviews and only one atrack my attention. In a EA and Ubisoft panel, the developers asked why Assassin's Creed 2 and Dante's Inferno don't come to Wii:

"Is very sad but these high quality titles won't come to Wii becose the hardware limitations and the user base aren't suitable for them"

Ah, but for the PSP are great, no!!

acpsp1.jpg

acpsp2.jpg

Seeing AC version for the PSP looks like very close to the original and DI too!!

If the the Wii has more powerfull hardware, why they don't port these games to Wii with far better graphics?

Why we see these gorgeous graphics on the PSP and not on the Wii?

This is a nonesse developers and don't put stupids excuses!!

dante1.jpg

dante2.jpg

Last edited:
The quote about the Wii's lack of power was regarding AC2 (which has improved graphics over the original), not the original AC. They never gave any reasons as to why the original AC was not ported to the Wii.

I'm really not interested in Assassin's Creed 2 at all. The first game was ok but it was more of a case of style over substance, with the main hook being the graphics. I'd expect the sequel to be more of the same.

The Wii can't produce that level of graphics so that would just leave some rather repetitive gameplay, therefore there is no point in bringing it to the Wii.

I'd rather Ubisoft spent their time making Wii exclusive titles, which is exactly what they've been doing with Red Steel 2, Rabbids Go Home and Shaun White World Stage.

Don't know much about Dante's Inferno but EA has shifted a lot of their focus to the Wii so I guess the same Wii specific development applies. This was quite recent though, so this game was probably being made before EA chose to make the Wii their main focus.

The screen resolution of the PSP is only 480x272, far less than the Wii. The screen shots are have been enlarged. Enlarge that to full TV size and they're not going to look so hot compared to even a decent Wii game.

Back