Why are Zelda dungeons temples?

navarre

Proud Protestant
Jan 26, 2008
Landan, United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northe
Wii Online Code
0000-0000-0000-0000
I've been in a fair few temples in my time- a couple Hindu, one Buddhist- and honestly, none have ended with me having to fight a massive spider OR involved me collecting keys and weaponry. So why are dungeons called temples? Do any Hylians actually worship in them?

Its a game.

Dont try to bring logic into it

I've been in a fair few temples in my time- a couple Hindu, one Buddhist- and honestly, none have ended with me having to fight a massive spider OR involved me collecting keys and weaponry. So why are dungeons called temples? Do any Hylians actually worship in them?
They don't usually look like dungeons either.

At least some of the dungeons are referred to as 'sacred' places, so presumably they are indeed places of worship. If I remember correctly, the Lakebed Temple is actually referred to as a place of worship in Twilight Princess (I feel so nerdy right now).

At least some of the dungeons are referred to as 'sacred' places, so presumably they are indeed places of worship. If I remember correctly, the Lakebed Temple is actually referred to as a place of worship in Twilight Princess (I feel so nerdy right now).

essentially thats exactly it. most of them were once actual temples to worship in but eventually got overrun by monsters.

I might be wrong but don't temples also protect something (sacred)?

Example: "Bow of light" or a piece of a map?

Back